Jack Monroe #71 Jack flew over the cuckoo’s nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They should be very limited due to the high sugar content and only fed as occasional treats in small amounts. She really shouldn't have animals.

Cooper's nose
The kitten
Guinea pigs
This rabbit

and if he is a solo bunny she should be doing enrichment for him dietary and social
Maybe the rabbit is for dinner. "Whitey's gone!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Exactly, it's so easy. Why doesn't she do it? Boring corporate account, private one for keeping in touch with friends. Is it actually a bit hard for her to imagine not going viral because of a pile on she's engineered or getting a hundred replies saying raspberry or whatever the duck? It'd be so easy to be too boring for tattle but she can't resist
All that stuff IS her brand, though. She's a professional mouthpiece. She's gathered a following from talking and giving TMI about her life, and having connections in the Guardian. The problem is that all the inconsistencies, embellishments and general BS over the years have caught up with her and are being discussed thoroughly. Somehow, she got recipe books published despite not really having the talent to back them up (IMO) It's really a case of can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen. She certainly dishes out enough heat onto others with those hand sausages of hers

Reactions: 26
Well I have had jack’s vegan book since it came out and have been inspired to make 3 things with varying results, yet today I made @blurstoftimes Green beans after seeing the video just yesterday! With vermicelli rice, preserved lemon lentils and some pickles. Was lush for a Thursday night after work meal!
CE33A9B9-1508-4A51-8BF6-200A5256771B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 50
My feeling is that she is just genuinely addicted to the internet and social media. She's locked down her Twitter and Insta - so now posts a few weird YouTube videos to get reaction/comments from us. And it seems she is also monitoring Mumsnet. She has the emptiest life.
If someone in real life has, or is, stepping in to try to stop the destructive cycle she seems to be in, the cartoon videos may well be her way of getting reactions from us while being able to insist to them “It’s just me cooking, cooking is my thing!”

Reactions: 11
My feeling is that she is just genuinely addicted to the internet and social media. She's locked down her Twitter and Insta - so now posts a few weird YouTube videos to get reaction/comments from us. And it seems she is also monitoring Mumsnet. She has the emptiest life.
I feel like she was handed the opportunity to have a good, reasonably paid career and has pissed it away. The constant need for attention all the time, creating ‘drama content’. The begging for money, how long can that realistically last.
she could have written books, articles, done bits of TV (in the way she did originally), bit of advertising, private dining gigs. Much more longevity. And spending time actually testing recipes, instead of just throwing out some random slop.
It’s funny the only recipe I’ve known anyone to make is the kidney bean burgers, how old is that now

• Heart
Reactions: 30
They should be very limited due to the high sugar content and only fed as occasional treats in small amounts. She really shouldn't have animals.

Cooper's nose
The kitten
Guinea pigs
This rabbit

and if he is a solo bunny she should be doing enrichment for him dietary and social
There did used to be 2 rabbits. I’m afraid to ask what became of the other one.

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
All I can see recently is a desperately lonely person wanting attention no matter how it comes. I know loads of socially inept people who just want someone to acknowledge them. Negative and positive reactions is stilla reaction and they will take it.
She needs a decent hobby in my opinion.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Hang on. Kenny Everett characters...

The Mime

View attachment 238785

Sid Snot, the leather clad Punk

View attachment 238786

The lover of leopardprint

View attachment 238788

General Cheeseburger with the completely convincing body proportions.

View attachment 238794

Angry of London Southend

View attachment 238790

Gizzard Puke Lasagne

View attachment 238791

And, of course, not to forget no sideboards on set

View attachment 238795
Oh I loved Kenny Everett! Cupid Stunt on the Michael Parkinson Show 😂😂😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Inspired by @blurstoftimes and with a new iPad sat reading Tattle on, I decided to give iMovie a go and see how easy it was to create content. This took me half an hour. I can’t believe how lazy she is not to even attempt something that me, who has never used video editing software in her life.

I‘ll also remove it if anyone thinks I’m being mean, however it’s all in jest and all publicly available content.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 155
Inspired by @blurstoftimes and with a new iPad sat reading Tattle on, I decided to give iMovie a go and see how easy it was to create content. This took me half an hour. I can’t believe how lazy she is not to even attempt something that me, who has never used video editing software in her life.

I‘ll also remove it if anyone thinks I’m being mean, however it’s all in jest and all publicly available content.

👏👏👏
amazing. I'd forgotten how much I HOOTED at the vegetables falling out of the bowl

sorry if that's a bit mean, but it just looked... terrible. especially with that cartoon filter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
If someone in real life has, or is, stepping in to try to stop the destructive cycle she seems to be in, the cartoon videos may well be her way of getting reactions from us while being able to insist to them “It’s just me cooking, cooking is my thing!”
I think similar - it just seems to me like she's been told by someone to stay off SM and keep quiet so she's pushing that as far as she can. A bit like a surly teenager.

Reactions: 9

You got me to watch her! This is so good.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.