Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My personal feeling is that now her social media is private we shouldn’t comment at all

If she is having MH issues hence the privacy then leaving her alone until she resumes public posting would be my go to

Hopefully her friend will advise her on how to use SM in a MH friendly way and she’ll separate out business and personal into separate SMs

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I wanted to add that bag too but can't remember what it's called. I've done a crappy job of the denim shirt, im not happy with it but if someone can refresh my memory about the bag, I'll add it and take away the shirt!
62414A86-946B-4222-BF4E-DF5A53F48258.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Does anyone find a connection with obesity and money issues? I have no stop button for food/wine/spending money.
I know what to do to lose weight, i have a good job, i am good at my job, i can exercise, but I just can't stick to my calorie limits. Also, have spent my whole life overspending. It is a bit embarassing tbh. I am over a certain age now and should know better :unsure:
I wanted to explore this to sort out my relationship with food/money/self --- contacted a counsellor but it wasn't the right one all she did was talk me through CBT. It didn't really help.
Sorry for OT but if it’s accessible/affordable to you then I’d recommend trying a different type of therapy - there’s no ‘one size fits all’ and it could help. Psychotherapy might be a better fit, it didn’t help me personally but I did group psychotherapy for a while and some of the others made amazing progress

If you can’t access/afford it, there are free resources online you can look at or invest in a good book. The £10 self-help book I bought for my specific mental health issue helped me more than anything else. There’s definitely help out there, you just need to find something that works for you (difficult but worth it!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't follow JM on Twitter or Insta, so I am in the dark but I will not follow now, in case of triangulation... My bet is profiles go public again by Weds.

Reactions: 21
Maybe savvy business Jack has noticed the growth in users on these threads recently so sees an opportunity to up her follower count by making us all follow for the goss 😂

To be honest if someone stops being public, my interest ends there.

I would never give Jack the benefit of a hate follow. She doesn't serve a single one of you excellent Fraus!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Sorry for OT but if it’s accessible/affordable to you then I’d recommend trying a different type of therapy - there’s no ‘one size fits all’ and it could help. Psychotherapy might be a better fit, it didn’t help me personally but I did group psychotherapy for a while and some of the others made amazing progress

If you can’t access/afford it, there are free resources online you can look at or invest in a good book. The £10 self-help book I bought for my specific mental health issue helped me more than anything else. There’s definitely help out there, you just need to find something that works for you (difficult but worth it!)
I've been able to access non-CBT therapy through a charity and now through a counselling service that offers open ended long term reduced fee sessions. It can take a bit of hunting about but often there is something out there.

I've struggled with my weight since my teenage years. I put a lot of weight on when I was at uni and managed to lose it all the year following my graduation. I was largely able to maintain this for most of my twenties. Then I was put on sertraline to manage my anxiety problems and it made me so hungry. I put on 2 thirds of what I had lost in under a year. I felt awful, I wasn't fitting into my clothes, I hated photos, I got comments from my parents. I came off the sertraline and worked really hard to get it off. Got nearly there, injured my foot, couldn't exercise, put it all on again. Started to lose it again, lost half of it and then bam, pandemic, stuck at home. Even though I'm eating the same or less than before pandemic, and cycling, swimming, using indoor equipment, it's just not going. I feel so massively frustrated. I don't like eating in front of people because I'd had people make comments 'that's why you're fat' when a thin girl who eats a whole pizza and then some doesn't get any flack. Just finished watching the Gilmore Girls and if you sized up Lorelai and Rory their diet wouldn't be seen in the same light.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.