Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really appreciate your advice dear fraus ❤, this is exactly what my other half does and he is slightly obsessive with it but he's now debt free so as you said it clearly works! I'm a PhD student at the moment and whilst I get a stipend it isn't a proper job wage so I think in the past I'd rather not have it all laid out logically! Bury my head in the sand so to speak 🤦‍♀️

It's a bit of a cycle whereby the debt exacerbates my anxiety and to make myself feel better I spend on food/drink/unnecessary luxuries, terrible spiral. And lockdown 100% made it worse!
as well as a debt management plan with step change I’ve got a billy basic bank account called Monzo and what’s great about it is you can split your money into pots and then never look at the bills pot or rent pot again so all I know about is the little bit of ‘joy’ money I can fritter and I still get that silly hit of wasting a few pounds a month on shite

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
No tit, I know nothing of fashion 😂 I use a bumbag as my day to day receptacle for carrying things in. Although, Jack would call it a ‘fanny bag’ these days.
I believe it is called a 'fanny pack' in Yankee, which is even fannier.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I love the way Americans call bums fannies, it cracks me up.

🎶 I felt on the big fat fanny. Pulled out the jammy and killed the punani 🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Agreed! I'd add that more needs to be done to address the cause of obesity. Its not as simple as greed or laziness. Theres often an emotional connection, an unhappiness. Opposite ends of the scale, but overeating & obesity is as much a concern and disorded eating as undereating & thinness imo. Diets are pushed out there, and long term dont work, people will still have the disordered eating and feelings around food.
I'm the third generation of disordered eating that we know of. It's not helped by stomach problems that the local health board dismiss and severely limits what I eat to mainly carbs.

I'm fat now and was a chubby child, but the only way I could keep weight off was massive amounts of exercise and I always had a chunky tattie-howking build. In the dim and distant past when I was a reservist, I was fit but still weighed over the 'correct' BMI weight for my height; it took turning up at a medical straight from the gym in cycling shorts and a tshirt so they could see that I was muscled rather than fat before they stopped nagging.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
#70: These Tweets are protected. Only approved Jackolites can see them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I've been able to access non-CBT therapy through a charity and now through a counselling service that offers open ended long term reduced fee sessions. It can take a bit of hunting about but often there is something out there.

I've struggled with my weight since my teenage years. I put a lot of weight on when I was at uni and managed to lose it all the year following my graduation. I was largely able to maintain this for most of my twenties. Then I was put on sertraline to manage my anxiety problems and it made me so hungry. I put on 2 thirds of what I had lost in under a year. I felt awful, I wasn't fitting into my clothes, I hated photos, I got comments from my parents. I came off the sertraline and worked really hard to get it off. Got nearly there, injured my foot, couldn't exercise, put it all on again. Started to lose it again, lost half of it and then bam, pandemic, stuck at home. Even though I'm eating the same or less than before pandemic, and cycling, swimming, using indoor equipment, it's just not going. I feel so massively frustrated. I don't like eating in front of people because I'd had people make comments 'that's why you're fat' when a thin girl who eats a whole pizza and then some doesn't get any flack. Just finished watching the Gilmore Girls and if you sized up Lorelai and Rory their diet wouldn't be seen in the same light.
Thank you @Icing _on_ the_cake and @chocolate choux for these helpful suggestions. I think I might take a look and might try a book first, but I might do some serious indepth research and find a counselling service that might suit me better.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Coming up the rear with a late entry here
JM #70
Nik Nak paddy jack give a girl 3 phones, Paetron, slop and
Victim syndrome

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Do you hate fat people? I am sick of reading skewed & triggered opinions which are outright offensive.

Vendetta against slim women lol. Ffs.
It’s amazing that you’re accusing me of being triggered, when you’re offended by me simply standing up for someone being attacked for their appearance.

There is so much hatred against slim women that people feel justified in their self-righteous attacks and don’t even see it as wrong.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
as well as a debt management plan with step change I’ve got a billy basic bank account called Monzo and what’s great about it is you can split your money into pots and then never look at the bills pot or rent pot again so all I know about is the little bit of ‘joy’ money I can fritter and I still get that silly hit of wasting a few pounds a month on shite
Monzo is amazing, your statement is in real time so you always 100% know where you stand, it doesn’t get to Monday and the weekend hits, or a few online orders process, and you’re like wtf happened. Also groups your expenditure into categories so u can better understand where it all goes, also you can do roundups etc etc just a fab bank!!

also recommend my frugal year on insta and the first two (chunky!) chapters of her book really speak to a lot of things mentioned on the thread, it’s hard as women you’re targeted like mad by brands and no one wants to talk about money for the shame and guilt they’re made to feel, it’s inevitable it leads one way really ?!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It’s amazing that you’re accusing me of being triggered, when you’re offended by me simply standing up for someone being attacked for their appearance.

There is so much hatred against slim women that people feel justified in their self-righteous attacks and don’t even see it as wrong.
Who hates slim women? You have repeatedly got stuck on this issue. It is clearly a sore point for you and thats fine.

Jack was never attacked for her weight. She has been playing up to the ED stuff and someone was concerned for her (concern, not mockery like fat people face 🙃). I dont know what planet your live on that slim women face (any) hatred about their weight 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
That’s one of my funniest moments on these threads - I was HOOTING at the confusion! I still can’t see either Jimmy Djokovic or Novak Nail without laughing 😂
I have chuckled all day whilst working, with Jimmy Nail just popping in my head saying ‘she’s lying’’ 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.