Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she had a clean slate, wiped away all the bullshit from her socials.
And then.... chicken willies. When will she learn? She's so unprofessional

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Are we allowed to talk about her insta posts or not? Her newest one is EXTREMELY

Producers after not eliminating girls two weeks in a row : rupaulsdragrace

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Are we allowed to talk about her insta posts or not? Her newest one is EXTREMELY

View attachment 235619
OMG she reminds me of me aged 13 as a little emo when I thought being 'random' was the funniest thing to do. It might be good to get some guidance from the mods on what is appropriate to comment on now stuff is locked. Obvs feel screenshots are not appropriate but what about general discussion? I have her on Insta but not Twitter as she was simply too much there for me.

Reactions: 16
Does anyone find a connection with obesity and money issues? I have no stop button for food/wine/spending money.
I know what to do to lose weight, i have a good job, i am good at my job, i can exercise, but I just can't stick to my calorie limits. Also, have spent my whole life overspending. It is a bit embarassing tbh. I am over a certain age now and should know better :unsure:
I wanted to explore this to sort out my relationship with food/money/self --- contacted a counsellor but it wasn't the right one all she did was talk me through CBT. It didn't really help.

Yes 1000% this for me too. I've gained ~20kg in the last year or so, I drink too much wine and I eat too much. And all of this is nearly all down to my poor mental health. Same for my money issues as others have mentioned - I have no impulse control whatsoever sadly.

I've been slim, average, curvy, fat. There is absolutely no comparison to the "hate" slimmer people get to those who are fat. There just isn't.

Edited as I meant to spoiler everything, sorry!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
WTF Fraus! I have spent LITERALLY weeks on the most severe Grunka ever trying to get back to being able to actually comment again, and now she has gone private??? What am I going to do with my time now? This is a travesty.

I do appreciate the Fraus who put weight discussion under spoiler tags, don't want to have to leave the thread altogether.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Does anyone find a connection with obesity and money issues? I have no stop button for food/wine/spending money.
I know what to do to lose weight, i have a good job, i am good at my job, i can exercise, but I just can't stick to my calorie limits. Also, have spent my whole life overspending. It is a bit embarassing tbh. I am over a certain age now and should know better :unsure:
I wanted to explore this to sort out my relationship with food/money/self --- contacted a counsellor but it wasn't the right one all she did was talk me through CBT. It didn't really help.
I hear you. This is me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I am not going to add my own thoughts on whether Jack is too thin or not because my years of disordered eating has led to a disordered view of size.
However, whatever I find particularly upsetting with her is that she constantly refers to portion size, how much she eats and how much she serves others. No other food writer I follow does this. In addition to this there is her constant need to alter her appearance. Food is meant to be an essential and enjoyable part of life and as a self-confessed food writer she has a duty of care to show it in that way. However, she depicts an entirely conflicted point of view, where on one hand food is to be gorged upon, yet on the other, she slims herself in thinspo imagery.

If we comment on private posts then that will surely lead to more irrationality? Better hang and wait until she needs the world to react to her life again?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I wish I’d taken a pic of my roast potatoes yesterday to show you all (and Jack 👋). Maris pipers, par-boiled, then cooked in screaming hot goose fat, with tonnes of sea salt, plenty of black pepper, garlic and rosemary. Turned every 15 mins or so. Perfecto!

Jack, not only are you a Patreon swindling ninny, and NOT a chef, you can’t even cook basic food at a decent level. Now duck off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Yes 1000% this for me too. I've gained ~20kg in the last year or so, I drink too much wine and I eat too much. And all of this is nearly all down to my poor mental health. Same for my money issues as others have mentioned - I have no impulse control whatsoever sadly.

I've been slim, average, curvy, fat. There is absolutely no comparison to the "hate" slimmer people get to those who are fat. There just isn't.
Just read your post and although possibly slightly off-topic, would like to offer some small advice with the money issues at least. Was myself a bit footloose and fancy-free with the old finances until the first child came along, by which point the need to get some sort of control was a bit more pressing. Anyway, a little time on excel and a fairly detailed spreadsheet later and well, although not actually any richer (sadly) there is certainly more control. It covers everything coming in and out, helps to plan ahead with regards knowing what bills to expect next which also allows for a bit of forward planning and saving too. It has been bit of a life changer and one regrets not doing it sooner...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Maybe savvy business Jack has noticed the growth in users on these threads recently so sees an opportunity to up her follower count by making us all follow for the goss 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34

I definitely get this. I've always been bigger, but I've definitely noticed that there is a clink link in my mental status (good or bad days, high or low energy days, generally feeling sorry and depressed for myself days) that I seek comfort in food when I feel bad. Of course, sometimes I feel bad because I big, despite losing 20kg a year ago, it's all come back now... So I want to eat more?

It makes no bleeping sense, and coupled that with my complete lack of spending control with food (it takes me ages to make a normal purchasing decision, but I can easily drop £40+ on a takeaway feast for myself without thinking about it.

I wonder if that's because I grew up poor, with a parent who barely functioned and couldn't cook well at the best of times. So often dinner was really crap/cheap foods I hated, or shove in the oven foods. So food has become a luxury I luxuriate in and I run away from anything that resembles the poor food I grew up on?

Also, I have endured comments about my body and its size since I was a child. I can tell you now that as someone who had very slim/tiny friends, I never once heard them be abused for their existence. I however, cannot count how many times I have suffered public humiliations by people who insist on screaming at me I'm a fat bleep, bleeping fat, bleeping disgusting or whatever. Never once have I heard a similar thing be screamed from a car at a slim/average person.

So yeah, definitely not the same.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Just read your post and although possibly slightly off-topic, would like to offer some small advice with the money issues at least. Was myself a bit footloose and fancy-free with the old finances until the first child came along, by which point the need to get some sort of control was a bit more pressing. Anyway, a little time on excel and a fairly detailed spreadsheet later and well, although not actually any richer (sadly) there is certainly more control. It covers everything coming in and out, helps to plan ahead with regards knowing what bills to expect next which also allows for a bit of forward planning and saving too. It has been bit of a life changer and one regrets not doing it sooner...
Really appreciate your advice dear fraus ❤, this is exactly what my other half does and he is slightly obsessive with it but he's now debt free so as you said it clearly works! I'm a PhD student at the moment and whilst I get a stipend it isn't a proper job wage so I think in the past I'd rather not have it all laid out logically! Bury my head in the sand so to speak 🤦‍♀️

It's a bit of a cycle whereby the debt exacerbates my anxiety and to make myself feel better I spend on food/drink/unnecessary luxuries, terrible spiral. And lockdown 100% made it worse!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Maybe savvy business Jack has noticed the growth in users on these threads recently so sees an opportunity to up her follower count by making us all follow for the goss 😂

Little does she know that would severely damage her engagement rate (a significant stat for those #MamaBear influencer accounts) 'cos we're banned from interacting with her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think people are inclined to comment on how Mackie looks because she's gone through so many physical changes in a fairly short period. From her original look of mumsy blouses and frumpy hair, which made her seem decades older, the masculine, muscular trans stage, the ultra femme, dainty girly phase, and the poorly, angry little manic pixie era we seem to currently be in.

I won't comment on weight, everyone is different and I don't believe BMI is at all a suitable means of measurement for many reasons, but I do feel her language and her photo editing could be very triggering to some.
Not to mention the 'I want to speak to a manager' hairstyle and those awful Rose West glasses (sorry it had to be said).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I definitely get this. I've always been bigger, but I've definitely noticed that there is a clink link in my mental status (good or bad days, high or low energy days, generally feeling sorry and depressed for myself days) that I seek comfort in food when I feel bad. Of course, sometimes I feel bad because I big, despite losing 20kg a year ago, it's all come back now... So I want to eat more?

It makes no bleeping sense, and coupled that with my complete lack of spending control with food (it takes me ages to make a normal purchasing decision, but I can easily drop £40+ on a takeaway feast for myself without thinking about it.

I wonder if that's because I grew up poor, with a parent who barely functioned and couldn't cook well at the best of times. So often dinner was really crap/cheap foods I hated, or shove in the oven foods. So food has become a luxury I luxuriate in and I run away from anything that resembles the poor food I grew up on?

Also, I have endured comments about my body and its size since I was a child. I can tell you now that as someone who had very slim/tiny friends, I never once heard them be abused for their existence. I however, cannot count how many times I have suffered public humiliations by people who insist on screaming at me I'm a fat bleep, bleeping fat, bleeping disgusting or whatever. Never once have I heard a similar thing be screamed from a car at a slim/average person.

Yes! All of this 🙌❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Lots of love and hugs to you ❤ I also grew up eating very poor food with parents who couldn't cook so I see nice food or takeaways as a massive luxurious treat too. It probably is connected!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.