Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a fact that in our current society describing someone as “slim” is nothing like using the word “fat”. You get slim fit on clothing, for example, you don’t get “fat fit”. Fat is always used as a negative slur. Fat bleep, etc. Fat lazy bastard...fat cow. Now try those phrases with slim. Nobody ever says “slim” like that unless they use it towards an overweight person as a jibe.
*I* used the word slim. I purposefully used it because it’s neutral and not offensive. Everyone else used the word “thin” which is more loaded. Thin is never used as a compliment, and always for faux concern/health shaming. In the context of insults thin and skinny are the equivalent of fat.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Who hates slim women? You have repeatedly got stuck on this issue. It is clearly a sore point for you and thats fine.

Jack was never attacked for her weight. She has been playing up to the ED stuff and someone was concerned for her (concern, not mockery like fat people face 🙃). I dont know what planet your live on that slim women face any hatred about their weight 🤣
I would like to go to this planet where slim women are reviled and fatties like me venerated, tbh. Not cos I hate slim women, or anything, just because it is so alien to everything I've ever experienced.

I've been everything from a size 12 to a 22 and I can confidently say that slim women (in comparison to fat women, not in comparison to men, because obviously we all eat tit compared to men) are taken seriously when necessary, offered help more willingly, are recipients of more ready politeness and generosity, considered more professional and generally not a punchline in some silent joke that everyone seems to be in on.

As a fat women, the best I ever get is neutrality, the worst outright abuse. But I stopped reading certain poster's thoughts on people's size ages ago as some people are just doggedly determined to not get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Skinny can be used negatively. Definitely. Ive never heard thin used in the same way. Regardless, as a society, smaller bodies are preferred. Literally no way to deny it. Comments about slim/thin/skinny are usually from a place of concern or worry. Comments about fatness will always be negative.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Does anyone else think the weight discussion should have a line drawn and we agree to disagree? 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 102
I wonder if Jack is accepting any new followers at the moment? I won’t try obviously because🔺 but I can’t imagine her being happy not having any new followers?!

I‘ve skipped the weight talk but sending ❤ to any fraus that need it

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hmmm, it's a tough one because I *do* like Jamie, but I'm inclined to agree - I too would rather see Jack on the show. I'm sure it would be hilarious.
A live TV phone in with Jamie or Jack? Tough decision indeed 🤔😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can you just add “ninnies” like @Breakdance Badass suggested and I will shamelessly call all my family and ask them to vote for you...plus I’ll get @Pocahontas to buy you some more reactions so you win...but in all honesty I think you got the win anyways 😜
More than happy to have ninnies instead, I've been BUSY so not caught up fully yet

Always happy for a collab with dear heart @Breakdance Badass ....now duck off! Thankyou

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sorry I just can't get over her going LAWYER UP LADIES because she made the terrible discovery that someone had ... been nice to her mum on twitter.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Hmmm, it's a tough one because I *do* like Jamie, but I'm inclined to agree - I too would rather see Jack on the show. I'm sure it would be hilarious.
People really don't have a clue, do they? Or do they like her because she appears to be as inept as they are in the kitchen?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'd love to see her attempt another TM segment. It's the least we deserve for following her shitshow for months.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.