Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to put weight stuff under a spoiler as I don’t want to upset anyone

This is not an attack on anyone but I don’t think we can judge whether she has an ED or not based on her weight. She does seem to naturally be slim, but that doesn’t mean she is physically or mentally healthy. I never got far into the underweight BMI even though I starved myself to the point of developing potassium deficiency, which is life threatening and afaik only really happens in otherwise healthy people if they don’t eat. I’m petite and have always been slim so everyone thought I looked fine, which just made me want to lose even more weight. Weight often isn’t a great indicator of health

I do think her thinspo photos could indicate an ED as she might be body checking and wants others to tell her she’s thin for validation. However, while she may be ill she does need to take responsibility and stop doing this, if not for her followers sake then for her brand

If she’s fine and taking thinspo photos, then she’s just a massive head. But we already knew that

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Sorry folks, I'm having to skip all the weight talk posts, so apologies if I'm coming in and being all flippant.

But is her insta still private? I follow so can't tell...

Her roast potatoes from yesterday have been uploaded and they look boooooring. No seasoning evident. Not even a wee sprinkle of rosemary. They look a bit greasy and uncrispy. 3/10. Only 3 for the colour, which is half decent. 🙃
She only puts rosemary on her spuds when it comes in the Waitrose packet.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Love that she did a big "good night" tweet at 23:17 saying she had to be up early, then was still tweeting at 01:05. 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Sending hugs to all the fraus who are struggling now, or have been in the past. The strength of character of the cabal is amazing 🥰

Someone put up a gif of Jimmy Nail saying “she’s lying” and I thought it was Novak Djokovic

That was auspicious timing! Pocahontas...are you Vlad? He could be the only person keeping tabs on me so keenly 😱
That’s one of my funniest moments on these threads - I was HOOTING at the confusion! I still can’t see either Jimmy Djokovic or Novak Nail without laughing 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I wouldn't say Jack is too thin, in fact she looks perfectly proportioned for her height Actually am not sure what her height is but she seems tiny in build as opposed to too thin.

I would agree though that thin people can get comments about their size but those comments are dwarfed to the negative tit you deal with as an overweight person.

Below is not Jack related but more weight related.

Virtually all the research out there now shows diets don't work long term for 95% of people. Long term in this case means looking at five year outcomes and the results are appalling. ...95% will regain to within 1-2lbs of their original weight and around 45% regain every single pound they lose and add more on top. I'm a serial dieter and in that 45% who regains everything and more on top. I first went on a diet 35 years ago and thought I was fat....let me tell you I wasn't but I am now.

Movement is the key for weight loss and rather than dieting we need to focus on fuelling our bodies. By doing this I have lost around 12lbs in the last 18mths all without dieting or trying to diet. I move more and I fuel my body, if I want chocolate I have it and move on.
Also we must not forget her obsession with the slimming tool, for editing everything, but sometimes she over does things and you end up with wobbly furniture/walls

Reactions: 25
I notice that comments are ON for her roast potatoes, but no one has commented, which just makes the post look even more pathetic 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Mood cycles are exhausting!

Agreed! I'd add that more needs to be done to address the cause of obesity. Its not as simple as greed or laziness. Theres often an emotional connection, an unhappiness. Opposite ends of the scale, but overeating & obesity is as much a concern and disorded eating as undereating & thinness imo. Diets are pushed out there, and long term dont work, people will still have the disordered eating and feelings around food.
Does anyone find a connection with obesity and money issues? I have no stop button for food/wine/spending money.
I know what to do to lose weight, i have a good job, i am good at my job, i can exercise, but I just can't stick to my calorie limits. Also, have spent my whole life overspending. It is a bit embarassing tbh. I am over a certain age now and should know better :unsure:
I wanted to explore this to sort out my relationship with food/money/self --- contacted a counsellor but it wasn't the right one all she did was talk me through CBT. It didn't really help.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Someone really needs to give her some Instagram training. She's hashtagged #kingedward... which brings up hundreds of pictures of British Kings 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Someone really needs to give her some Instagram training. She's hashtagged #kingedward... which brings up hundreds of pictures of British Kings 😂
Even just using capital letters to distinguish words would be good - I did a susanalbumparty and nowthatcherisdead there and thought the hashtag meant 'in the direction of Kinged.'

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Does anyone find a connection with obesity and money issues? I have no stop button for food/wine/spending money.
I know what to do to lose weight, i have a good job, i am good at my job, i can exercise, but I just can't stick to my calorie limits. Also, have spent my whole life overspending. It is a bit embarassing tbh. I am over a certain age now and should know better :unsure:
I wanted to explore this to sort out my relationship with food/money/self --- contacted a counsellor but it wasn't the right one all she did was talk me through CBT. It didn't really help.
Definitely. In bad times, id blow what little money I had on food and drink. Impulsive spending is a nightmare. Im clearing lots of debt steadily now, thank god! (Another vote for stepchange from me 🙌)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m very new here and whilst I have read. Lot of threads I don’t get this reference. Could someone explain? Thank you 😊
I just meant that Jack is trying to solve the mess she’s currently made with the lie about healthy start vouchers and black eyes by deleting her tweets and going private, so Novak Djokovic could try the same 😂

Haha, I think I’ll add this into the Intro post (Jack for Dummies). Basically, way back when someone (Possibly @PennyLoafer ?) used a Jimmy Nail pic to illustrate that Jack was telling untruths (She’s Lying). Then someone else (I think might have been @AlphaBeta ? - correct me if I’m wrong) said they thought Jimmy Nail looked like Novak Djokovic. Hilarity ensured and hence Novak Nail was born X
Oh yeah I forgot about Novak Nail not being obvious lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Jack blocked me on Twitter ages ago because I pointed something out to her she didn’t like. Her fan girls all piled on but I ignored them and they gave up. If she’s going around blocking people she suspects are tattlers she’ll have no followers left, the daft twit - apart from her beloved blue tickers of course. She’s rattled as duck. Locking her accounts is only going to harm her ‘brand’ 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Definitely. In bad times, id blow what little money I had on food and drink. Impulsive spending is a nightmare. Im clearing lots of debt steadily now, thank god! (Another vote for stepchange from me 🙌)
yes few weeks ago i went through the online stepchange form, I think it is an amazing thing stepchange. They basically told me to keep paying my loans... which is fine, i can afford them, they are the sort of money people pay to lease a car every month... i was hoping they'd contact my bank and sort it all out for me .:LOL:...... but ultimately that would have meant me just spending more I reckon. I am just an idiot and gotta suck it up for the next few years and then it will get easier. Makes it worse that my husband and his family are amazing with their money, and I feel really embarassed about my spending. At least we don't have a shared account. ha ha

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Her insta comments are only available if she follows back. What a clown 😄

We await a blue ticker comment. Aaaaanytime now would be good.

(I know we're jokingly discussing her tatties, but I promise no discussions from me about anything actually personal to her. MH, SB stuff etc).

Reactions: 15
Also why is she posting about the potatoes on Monday morning. Who thinks... yeah I'm going to roast a load of potatoes for my lunch on the first day of the working week? Don't get me wrong I love proper roasties but I'll take a sandwich or soup for lunch, thank(space)you.

There are websites that show when your followers are most active/engaged. Use that and some common sense. Then just maybe you'll get better engagement. Also properly crisp and season your roasties. Now duck off x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Also why is she posting about the potatoes on Monday morning. Who thinks... yeah I'm going to roast a load of potatoes for my lunch on the first day of the working week? Don't get me wrong I love proper roasties but I'll take a sandwich or soup for lunch, thank(space)you.
It's not just that, for me, it's who has a nice big Sunday roast and doesn't take a pic of everything together, on a table which is heaving with nice stuff, or even of a plate groaning with food? That's the whole point of a big family meal - the kind of excess of it. Who posts every single thing separately (and no pic of the main bit, the chicken), and who posts the dessert before the main course? Like, none of it makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
My great uncle was a chicken sexer. He travelled the world sexing chickens until he lost his sexing finger in an axe accident. And this is absolutely true. Surely if they had dicks he would t have been needed...
I think she may mean cockerel dicks. 🙄🙄😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's always time to post about potatoes, Annunziata 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.