Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beyond that, what tit tips...half boil down to "can't afford X? Buy a cheaper brand of X instead." No tit, Sherlock. Also what happened to her origin story of not knowing how to cook until she became poor, then learning by reading the ingredient lists on the back of Lloyd Grossman sauce bottles? That was one thing I could believe, I doubt Lloyd Grossman bottles have details like: "onions (fried)".

There was also an incidence where she said she taught herself to cook when she was in her, and I quote, ‘hardcore seduction phase’ 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Agree. If you can be kind to yourself xx
You have to be kind to yourself @eltrabajodeldiablo. My finances were in a terrible mess and it was only when I stopped drinking I got it sorted. I did an IVA (if that’s what they have in Scotland), told the company what I could pay and they sorted it all out. Best thing ever. I didn’t have credit for a few years but I managed better than ever. And now that I have credit and I’m still sober, I’m pretty good with money. The freedom of not worrying about letters and phone calls and guilt etc was amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I’m very new here and whilst I have read. Lot of threads I don’t get this reference. Could someone explain? Thank you 😊
Haha, I think I’ll add this into the Intro post (Jack for Dummies). Basically, way back when someone (Possibly @PennyLoafer ?) used a Jimmy Nail pic to illustrate that Jack was telling untruths (She’s Lying). Then someone else (I think might have been @AlphaBeta ? - correct me if I’m wrong) said they thought Jimmy Nail looked like Novak Djokovic. Hilarity ensured and hence Novak Nail was born X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Sending hugs to all the fraus who are struggling now, or have been in the past. The strength of character of the cabal is amazing 🥰

I’m very new here and whilst I have read. Lot of threads I don’t get this reference. Could someone explain? Thank you 😊
Someone put up a gif of Jimmy Nail saying “she’s lying” and I thought it was Novak Djokovic

Haha, I think I’ll add this into the Intro post (Jack for Dummies). Basically, way back when someone (Possibly @PennyLoafer ?) used a Jimmy Nail pic to illustrate that Jack was telling untruths (She’s Lying). Then someone else (I think might have been @AlphaBeta ? - correct me if I’m wrong) said they thought Jimmy Nail looked like Novak Djokovic. Hilarity ensured and hence Novak Nail was born X
That was auspicious timing! Pocahontas...are you Vlad? He could be the only person keeping tabs on me so keenly 😱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I wouldn't say Jack is too thin, in fact she looks perfectly proportioned for her height Actually am not sure what her height is but she seems tiny in build as opposed to too thin.

I would agree though that thin people can get comments about their size but those comments are dwarfed to the negative tit you deal with as an overweight person.

Below is not Jack related but more weight related.

Virtually all the research out there now shows diets don't work long term for 95% of people. Long term in this case means looking at five year outcomes and the results are appalling. ...95% will regain to within 1-2lbs of their original weight and around 45% regain every single pound they lose and add more on top. I'm a serial dieter and in that 45% who regains everything and more on top. I first went on a diet 35 years ago and thought I was fat....let me tell you I wasn't but I am now.

Movement is the key for weight loss and rather than dieting we need to focus on fuelling our bodies. By doing this I have lost around 12lbs in the last 18mths all without dieting or trying to diet. I move more and I fuel my body, if I want chocolate I have it and move on.

Reactions: 19
That was auspicious timing! Pocahontas...are you Vlad? He could be the only person keeping tabs on me so keenly 😱
I just have a mind like a steel trap. A steel trap, I tell you!

ETA: Plus Vlad pays me extra to keep tabs on the cabal. Nothing hostile, just a little light surveillance.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Sending hugs to all the fraus who are struggling now, or have been in the past. The strength of character of the cabal is amazing 🥰

Amen to that and I extend that to Jack as well because I do think she IS struggling emotionally and mentally.

One of my friends has bipolar disorder (not saying that this is what Jack has) and she has lots of mood swings so that she's very up or very down. Mood stablilizers help her but she still has a lot of problems.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Amen to that and I extend that to Jack as well because I do think she IS struggling emotionally and mentally.

One of my friends has bipolar disorder (not saying that this is what Jack has) and she has lots of mood swings so that she's very up or very down. Mood stablilizers help her but she still has a lot of problems.
Mood cycles are exhausting!

I wouldn't say Jack is too thin, in fact she looks perfectly proportioned for her height Actually am not sure what her height is but she seems tiny in build as opposed to too thin.

I would agree though that thin people can get comments about their size but those comments are dwarfed to the negative tit you deal with as an overweight person.

Below is not Jack related but more weight related.

Virtually all the research out there now shows diets don't work long term for 95% of people. Long term in this case means looking at five year outcomes and the results are appalling. ...95% will regain to within 1-2lbs of their original weight and around 45% regain every single pound they lose and add more on top. I'm a serial dieter and in that 45% who regains everything and more on top. I first went on a diet 35 years ago and thought I was fat....let me tell you I wasn't but I am now.

Movement is the key for weight loss and rather than dieting we need to focus on fuelling our bodies. By doing this I have lost around 12lbs in the last 18mths all without dieting or trying to diet. I move more and I fuel my body, if I want chocolate I have it and move on.
Agreed! I'd add that more needs to be done to address the cause of obesity. Its not as simple as greed or laziness. Theres often an emotional connection, an unhappiness. Opposite ends of the scale, but overeating & obesity is as much a concern and disorded eating as undereating & thinness imo. Diets are pushed out there, and long term dont work, people will still have the disordered eating and feelings around food.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Mood cycles are exhausting!

Agreed! I'd add that more needs to be done to address the cause of obesity. Its not as simple as greed or laziness. Theres often an emotional connection, an unhappiness. Opposite ends of the scale, but overeating & obesity is as much a concern and disorded eating as undereating & thinness imo. Diets are pushed out there, and long term dont work, people will still have the disordered eating and feelings around food.
Absolutely agree but also want to add some medications (anti depressants) and health conditions (Pcos) can also cause additional weight gain. Emotional eating is something that is not taken seriously enough, CBT might help with the root issues behind it but I doubt it would ever happen in an underfunded NHS.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
All the weight discussion going on - I don't think she looks really thin but the language she uses is triggering and sometimes the pictures she takes are at angles presumably designed to make her look thinner.

There is no way that slim people are as vilified in day to day life as much as larger people for their size.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I think people are inclined to comment on how Mackie looks because she's gone through so many physical changes in a fairly short period. From her original look of mumsy blouses and frumpy hair, which made her seem decades older, the masculine, muscular trans stage, the ultra femme, dainty girly phase, and the poorly, angry little manic pixie era we seem to currently be in.

I won't comment on weight, everyone is different and I don't believe BMI is at all a suitable means of measurement for many reasons, but I do feel her language and her photo editing could be very triggering to some.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
There is no way that slim people are as vilified in day to day life as much as larger people for their size.
Having been both very very thin, and fat, due to medical interventions I can definitely agree with this.

Comments when you are thin normally come from concern, people often consider that there is a medical reason for the person being so thin. Comments are usually very sympathetic and are in no way meant to be abusive though they are often tactless. When people tell you to eat more, it is from a position of kindness, wanting you to be healthier.

By comparison, when you are fat the abuse is blatant, judgemental in your face and often nasty. It is a very different. Medical reasons are often disregarded and fat people are judged as lazy, greedy, selfish and unhygienic. You are the butt of jokes, because, hey, fat people are funny. You have to laugh along, because fat people are jolly. The abuse is relentless and you are expected to just take it. Eating out is a nightmare as you are conscious of everyone judging every mouthful you eat, food choices you are making and woe betide you choosing to have a pudding.

I wasn't even that fat before I got the "God you've put weight on" and "fat bastard" comments. "Fat bleep" was shouted at me across a busy street and people openly laughed.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Sorry folks, I'm having to skip all the weight talk posts, so apologies if I'm coming in and being all flippant.

But is her insta still private? I follow so can't tell...

Her roast potatoes from yesterday have been uploaded and they look boooooring. No seasoning evident. Not even a wee sprinkle of rosemary. They look a bit greasy and uncrispy. 3/10. Only 3 for the colour, which is half decent. 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Having been both very very thin, and fat, due to medical interventions I can definitely agree with this.

Comments when you are thin normally come from concern, people often consider that there is a medical reason for the person being so thin. Comments are usually very sympathetic and are in no way meant to be abusive though they are often tactless. When people tell you to eat more, it is from a position of kindness, wanting you to be healthier.

By comparison, when you are fat the abuse is blatant, judgemental in your face and often nasty. It is a very different. Medical reasons are often disregarded and fat people are judged as lazy, greedy, selfish and unhygienic. You are the butt of jokes, because, hey, fat people are funny. You have to laugh along, because fat people are jolly. The abuse is relentless and you are expected to just take it.

I wasn't even that fat before I got the "God you've put weight on" and "fat bastard" comments. "Fat bleep" was shouted at me across a busy street and people openly laughed.
I've done a sad face response because people are complete bellends. Sorry you've been through that 😟

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry folks, I'm having to skip all the weight talk posts, so apologies if I'm coming in and being all flippant.

But is her insta still private? I follow so can't tell...

Her roast potatoes from yesterday have been uploaded and they look boooooring. No seasoning evident. Not even a wee sprinkle of rosemary. They look a bit greasy and uncrispy. 3/10. Only 3 for the colour, which is half decent. 🙃
How are they so uncrispy looking when she even posted a video of her parboiling and shaking them? She has a very special talent in bleeping absolutely everything up .

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Can you see them too? Honestly, she should've gone with a Maris Piper. No need for colanders either. Drain the pot, leave the lid off until majority of steam gone, add rosemary, salt, pepper. Lid back on and give it a good shoogle (shake). Then into hot oil in the roasting pan. Turn and "baste" every 15ish mins until done. Free recipe for you Jack.

I'll add my patreon later huns.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
How are they so uncrispy looking when she even posted a video of her parboiling and shaking them? She has a very special talent in bleeping absolutely everything up .
Only half of each one is a nice colour as well, mind! I've had nicer potatoes reheated from frozen in a Toby Carvery.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
They're so smooth, aren't they? They need little bits of rough areas which crisp up. And seasoning or at least some garlic or something in the roasting tin.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.