Jack Monroe #68 Take a day off mate, seriously

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just off to A&E, I’ve rolled my eyes so hard they’re now stuck in the top of my head. Wonder if I’ll get a CT scan too?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
First FOD, now Jack. Where am I going to get my lying/grifing on social media based lols now?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Wiped out the Twitter.
Nothing further than 13 Apr
No tweets and replies.

If I had doubts, they've been wiped also.

I've been following since around Edinburgh... I think it was a Mumsnet comment that lead me here. I've followed JM since I joined Twitter in (I think) 2014 but I rarely look at Twitter anyway, and haven't much over the years.

Someone bought me Girl called Jack back in the day. I've never cooked from it, because while appreciating her efforts, I am a much better cook.

I've been ambivalent following this tattle thread and willing to give her the benefit of doubt but it really is extraordinary.
I'm finding it hard to understand... she could be such a force for good... and I'm sure she thinks she is. I'm also sure that she'll be increasingly seen as a charlatan and more pityingly as a fantasist.

My story is possibly useful to the 'what is poverty like and how does it happen' narrative but I found the invitation to 'pitch' it to her, really uncomfortable. I don't need to 'pitch' because I'm not trying to win a contract. I just know what it's like to be helpless but doing my utmost.

Anyway!

It's taken such an age to type this on my phone that I'm sure the story will have galloped on!

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I've got a glass of Bulleit Bourbon and several pages to catch up on. Perfect end to a lovely work day.

Here we go then *adjusts Nigella face mask*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Well, I hope the ‘Conference’ organisers withhold her fee as there’s now no reference to it in her Twitter timeline 💅🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There does appear to be a higher number of detractors commenting on Jack’s posts lately - and specifically calling her out on her lies. That’s quite an interesting development IMO. I think it stems from the black eye/makeup selfie because it was so obviously fake. Maybe it’s made her nervous that people are wising up to her bullshit and that’s why she’s been deleting stuff again.

Reactions: 49
The healthy start vouchers claim and the 'black eye' were a step too far in the gullibility Olympics. JM has been caught out bigtime. And she knows it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Many years in poverty....yeah course she did.

I grew up in the 70s in social housing with no central heating. We had ice crystals growing on the inside of the windows....I used to be fascinated by the patterns but it was damp and bloody freezing.

We had free school meals and had to sit on a separate table to other kids (thankfully we seem to have moved on from that).

I had shoes which were cheap and wore out.

My Mum and Dad went without to feed us,

THAT is poverty Jack....not ballet lessons, a five bed home, a range rover to take you to school and parents in a well paid job.

Getting into debt as an adult certainly counts as it's miserable but it's not the same as being a child and waking up cold in the night so that you're tired the next day in school. It's not sitting on a separate table at lunch time from the children who pay for their dinners, it's not dealing with the bullying that this seperatism causes which I still have flashbacks today about.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
this is why tweets need to be screenshotted and not linked back to twitter (y), annoying when reading through here and the messages saying no longer available

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Some twitter apps cache tweets. I'm looking on a laptop and there's no tweets there.
Ohhh ok, I'm using the app. Well Jack has done this before and come back after 5 minutes so I'm not surprised. She has thrown her toys out the pram because she can't force feed everyone on Twitter slop and lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I still have a .csv of approx 3k of her old tweets hanging about on my server somewhere so we have receipts as well as our wonderful thread receipts queens ❤. I know I kept saying I’ll re scrape them to see what her engagement is like, looks like old Jackie’s deprived the cabal of a bit of social analysis 😫 I would create a database to store her tweets to but it has limited use versus a print screen?

Also just been for an eye test and have 6 pages to catch up on, she is getting worse isn’t she 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Jack Monroe #69 I’m sorry, tweets aren’t available.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.