Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jackolytes never quit
In the voice of the M&S ad 'this is not just poverty, this is Extreme poverty' as only mackie experienced ever!

IF she’s smacked her face on the sink and tap, I would imagine the possibility of concussion or facial Fractures is real, and would require a once over, but as she hasn’t experienced a nose bleed etc I am not convinced.

Also that she's only got a magnum to put on her eye, there must be something in those three freezers that would be better than a sodding magnum.
frozen mash? 3 kgs goes a long way

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Her "research" is just taking stories from the Guardian website. If she wasn't so lazy and did some "research" of her own she might realise the facts paint a much more nuanced picture than an article from a paper with a political agenda. Christ, she's thick.

Reactions: 17
I don't think she's writing anything other than pish tweets.

It's all just timeline filler. What's your favourite lunch. What's your favourite song. What's your favourite poem. What's your favourite suicide caused by poverty. What's your favourite JACK MONROE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
So she's admitting that her 'case studies' are simply googled newspaper articles which she just plans to regurgitate in blind faith, then. Great stuff, such research.
Literally... what is the point of your book then, Dear Heart?

I'd trust a Guardian article a hell of a lot more than her book. There are papers out there with considerably worse political agendas too...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
“Doctor, how are you verifying this life threatening illness”?

“Well the patients have been checked over thoroughly by other doctors before they came to me, so I’d imagine they done their due diligence..”

or

“Chef, how do you know that steak is cooked?”

“well it’s likely been checked thoroughly by the cooks further up the line, so I’d imagine they done their due diligence...”

The Monroe attitude to life and work all there in one Tweet, “well, someone else should have done it. Can I get paid yet?..”

Shocking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
If the stories have already been covered extensively in the press, what does she expect to achieve by covering them again?

Oh yes. Self aggrandisement.
Right, let’s see. Ooh, I could have ‘plagiarism’ on a triple word score there.....oh, sorry Fraus, just playing scrabble and didn’t see you there. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Literally... what is the point of your book then, Dear Heart?

I'd trust a Guardian article a hell of a lot more than her book. There are papers out there with considerably worse political agendas too...
Hopefully Frances Ryan will be getting paid.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't know why she doesn't just cook a big batch of something like a stew or pasta and take it to the local food bank and sit down and chat to the people using it, perhaps ask one of her friends " if they could drive her to one a bit further away so she could get a narrative from different places.
That would be my plan if I had to research this book.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If the stories have already been covered extensively in the press, what does she expect to achieve by covering them again?

Oh yes. Self aggrandisement.
I'm actually really pissed off, because (and I've said this before) whichever cause she chooses to glom herself onto she ends up harming, to a greater or lesser degree. So for example, yesterday she tweeted that quite a lot of her book would be about UBI - something that people have done years of research into and which now, finally, has the possibility of becoming a reality. I can't begin to imagine how damaging her ill-formed and poorly-researched claims will be - manna from heaven from those who oppose it, she could realistically set back the fight for it quite considerably.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.