Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in my late 40s, I've been a single mum (I say been because I'm not one anymore because they are grown up themselves now!)

I have been homeless, gone without food gas and electric had to make questionable choices, she needs to really be quiet and let people like Mark Rushford do the talking, I actually can't quite believe how much she has got under my skin ITS NOT OK I am a grown woman this really shouldn't be making me this mad!!

I do wonder, however, if the reason she's getting to me so much is because had social media existed when I was a lot younger, I'm pretty sure I'd have had my moments and maybe I'm sort of third party embarrassed, if that makes any sense?

I think with JM, it's rather like when you do a painting when you're younger in art, you know you should leave it alone, but you keep going back to it, then look at it and think tit I'VE REALLY FUCKED IT UP NOW and instead of leaving it, just keep adding and adding until you're covered in paint... AND THEN TRY AND SELL IT ON PATREON.
I should probably stop reading about it because it boils my blood, I just can't.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
When she came on the thread she should have shared add links for all our court outfits, she’d have made a few quid 😂

I deleted the quote accidentally soz but:

gifted = a product has been sent to the influencer / celeb / person for free, in the hope they feature it on their socials.

paid promotion / sponcon = an influencer is approached by a business to exchange their audience for x money and obviously the gifted product

This is where it’s confusing because most influencers would call it gifted, but this far into it all they’ll be getting a few grand for a grid or story post on it too. But obvs no one wants to say actually you know what, it took £5k for me to make this sincere recommendation!

Now aff links are sales on commission. They can exist in parallel to the above, so you can flaunt your gifted wares and then direct your audience on where to buy them. Aff links have two main uses - brands can track the return on their investment with the influencer & test campaign effectiveness if it’s part of a longer term relationship, but most importantly is the influencer gets a slice of the pie too so is incentivised to keep pushing product. They are part of the sales process so should make that very clear, they’re not your mate telling you to read a book they’re standing to earn money off you buying & reading that book. At least in Waterstones you know what the booksellers look like (not that they make commission) 👀 There isn’t a standard rate, but for mainstream retailers it’ll be between 3-15% of the sales price and as someone else has rightly pointed out, anything else in your basket / if you convert a few days or weeks down the line. For budget ones like flat tummy teas and those tooth whitening kits it can be as high as 50%. So yes it is oftentimes pennies, but if you consider the reach it’ll soon add up so it’s disingenuous to say that and it’s certainly no excuse for failing to declare it.
I read this thread when I'm in bed and curiosity got the better of me and I Google d 'Jack Monroe Court Case Outfits' . I don't know if that's her but omg! Looked like the love child of presenter Chris Evans and Linda La Hughes 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It does look suspiciously shimmery. But whether it's truth or fake, it's so bleeping embarrassing to be posting this kind of content. Like I am getting severe cringe right now. I know she's overshared for years but I think it's just hit me this morning how pathetic it is. You're 32 hun. You're meant to be a professional. Just stop.
Shame she lost her in with the guardian, she’d be pitching her next article “fell off the wagon and gave myself the worst most severe black eye!”
honestly if it is real I’m surprised she didn’t knock herself out!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Completely unrelated I’m sure but all of a sudden I’m remembering the lipstick colour ‘heather shimmer’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
duck sake Jackie, have a word with yourself...

As a person who bruises easily because of medication I take and as a person who has had a black eye..THAT IS MAKE UP.

The 'swelling' is identical to your other eye, you've just accentuated it with shiny eye shadow. Also, you've attempted to squint to make it look swollen, however you are also doing it with your other eye, you look like you are staring at the sun.
Bruises don't go that yellow just after the injury. You've got to go through the purple/green stage. Maybe a bit of yellowish at the edge but not all over. Something to do with the bilirubin in your blood (my doc tried to explain it to me once, wish I'd paid more attention!)

And yes, she looks hungover.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
PEOPLE ARE TELLING HER TO GO TO A&E WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE WORLD?!!!! EVERYONE HAS GONE TOTALLY AND UTTERLY MAD

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
That is the fakest bruise I've ever seen.

She's nutty as squirrel tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
So if I just copy and paste a few articles from random newspapers I’ll have written a book? Brilliant! I always thought being an author would be difficult but this seems so easy. Thanks for the tips Jack, cor blimey I’ll soon be a millionaire!

Seriously what is the point?
She's not going to add any specific policy expertise; her 'original research' (if there is any) comes from some late in the day tweet call outs and she's no training in journalism or research methods and ethics; her own experience is limited and old and her understanding seems to be extremely dated (e.g. focus on sanctions not the roll-out of UC).

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.