Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good luck to marcus, I hope the government work alongside him to bring his polices to life. I think it's good she's giving him shout outs, let's more people see what he's doing, he needs all the support he can get.

Reactions: 18
Probably those Waitrose Parmienter potatoes, and she won't even be able to start a Twitter pile on on them because she'd have to admit she didn't cook them, as she so cunningly made it seem 😃

ETA looks like she's deleted the 'sick' tweet already but she's going on to somebody about what I assume is testosterone

So THAT'S what ruined the beautiful Celine-esque voice. Yee Gods *shakes fist at the heavens*

Also runnnnnn Allegra!View attachment 229377View attachment 229381View attachment 229378

Does she rent? She never mentions it
View attachment 229379

Sassy! Go the duck to sleep Jack, ya magnified borlotti bean
View attachment 229380
I'm translating this as she came off testosterone because of MH medication? I know very little about transitioning, nut I do work with a guy who is Trans (F to M) He is also very open about his MH history and still kept on his medication throughout. I know everyone is different but this is another thing I think she's invented

Reactions: 11
I'm translating this as she came off testosterone because of MH medication? I know very little about transitioning, nut I do work with a guy who is Trans (F to M) He is also very open about his MH history and still kept on his medication throughout. I know everyone is different but this is another thing I think she's invented
I swear when she spoke about going on T before, if you read between the lines, she had a private prescription. On the NHS, there are lots of hoops you have to jump through - and IMHO, with good reason. It's not a decision that should be made lightly. If she was prescribed T without a proper evaluation that would be typical of the NHS then it may have been that she felt she needed to have come off of it. She would never have got onto to T so quickly through the NHS - I know people for whom it took years. It's so tricky talking about Jack Monroe and gender identity, because non binary people can have a changing gender identity over the years. However, she has a proven track record of going through phases and bandwagon jumping.

Oh my word, she's changed her bio to include "Anti-poverty campaigner", "Activist" and "Single parent".
She's a proper armchair activist so I'll give her that middle one. The rest she can duck off with.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

This should take you straight to where Jack arrived on page 17.
Thank you!!! X

Yes, absolutely x

Thank you! X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ohhh I think I have found what JM might be working on...

Erm ... is she leading up to vagina-podded beans? Disgusting, Pocahontas!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
She clearly doesn't actually want to be a food writer any more. That new bio heavily suggests that - food is only mentioned in foodbank!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Hi Fraus.
Ant n Dec are on TM and briefly mentioned I'm a Celebrity.
Apparently rumours that Carol Baskin going in.
Please please please please please let Jackie be going in with her. I know its a longshot but I'm begging. Please Vlad, I don't ask for much....
Maybe this is why she's got to hurry up with the book deadline?
I know this is one of my weaker tinfoil hat theories, but i can dream 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I
She clearly doesn't actually want to be a food writer any more. That new bio heavily suggests that - food is only mentioned in foodbank!
If you want to get technical perhaps she not a food writer right now. She's writing about politics and poverty. She might change it again in time for the next food book. I am sure she was taking about doing a Greek one... Or did I misread somewhere?

Reactions: 10
Meanwhile, someone who Jack has been trying to align herself with is managing to do some powerful lobbying and contributing to the real issues about food in the UK. She must be seething!

Good, I am delighted if she’s seething, and just to reiterate mackie you are a HYPOCRITE an uncaring, lying, scamming , HYPOCRITE.
😇

Reactions: 10
If you want to get technical perhaps she not a food writer right now. She's writing about politics and poverty. She might change it again in time for the next food book. I am sure she was taking about doing a Greek one... Or did I misread somewhere?
She claims there is a huge/massive/BIG/whatever cookbook on the way. Book 8, I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Jack this is your to do list for today:

1. Leave Marcus Rashford alone. Actions speak louder than words, he is the activist you will never be (but jealously want to be).
2. Stop talking about your son's issues online and delete those tweets. You are just giving potential bullies yet another stick to beat him with.
3. Take Cooper to the vet FFS.
4. Clean your bleeping nails and trim them too, it makes it harder for dirt to stay trapped.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Good luck to marcus, I hope the government work alongside him to bring his polices to life. I think it's good she's giving him shout outs, let's more people see what he's doing, he needs all the support he can get.
Shout outs, yes, ingratiating herself, no 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Also would she honestly let the cat scratch the door to shreds in her own property? I don't think so a door she has shelled out for and paid money to stain or paint? I can't see it.

Reactions: 5
I'm sure Marcus has the best people advising and helping push this forward. He's doing something amazing.

Jack has been "on the scene" for 7 or 8 years or whatever, what tangible changes has she achieved? I only really knew of her for the regular retelling of her "story" every time she made a speech that and her books. Yes, she does some work with food banks, though that's not as obvious/promoted as it used to be, from what I see. And for all the "I do stuff behind the scenes" she says she does, it's surely worthwhile to regularly post links to fundraisers, resources etc for people to use or donate to.

Marcus is effecting the change that people need. He's a well known, successful young man who has overcome adversity. WTF would he need to bring JM on board? People are mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.