Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back to the "zero waste" banana peel ketchup recipe, I thought bananas were one of the most sprayed crops so unless they're organic bananas is it wise to be eating the peel that may contain a high concentration of pesticides?

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Cabal, i’m torn. As this aft will be the last daily briefing i’m not sure whether my ❤ will survive watching that and Jack emptying a jar of mayo into a cake. I don’t know which to prioritise!
I looove Annie Murphy/Alexis. Also relevant because of our threadstarter!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Back to the "zero waste" banana peel ketchup recipe, I thought bananas were one of the most sprayed crops so unless they're organic bananas is it wise to be eating the peel that may contain pesticides?
That’s a good point! Now Jack’s hiding from comments though there’s no way of pointing that out. People are still responding to her goodbye tweets, everyone knows she’s coming back!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Cabal, i’m torn. As this aft will be the last daily briefing i’m not sure whether my ❤ will survive watching that and Jack emptying a jar of mayo into a cake. I don’t know which to prioritise!
Have only just seen this news! I think I'll have Jack on my phone, the press briefing on my computer, and work — well, work can take a backseat this evening.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's the last one? It's going to be one worth watching too.

I'm on a juice diet this week and watching Jack use a whole jar of mayo for a chocolate cake is going to really help subside the food cravings :D

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Have only just seen this news! I think I'll have Jack on my phone, the press briefing on my computer, and work — well, work can take a backseat this evening.
Me too. We will be BUSY.

I'm on a juice diet this week and watching Jack use a whole jar of mayo for a chocolate cake is going to really help subside the food cravings :D
Yep. Not sure who we’re getting for it today though from the wheel of ministers. That may sway me.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thank you @LittleBitAlexis for starting the thread!

Does WHSmith not really stock Jack? I was browsing my local today, it had all the usual suspects in the cookery section and then some. The only JM book I found was Vegan(ish) in the extensive vegan selection. The budget section was also sizeable but full of That Man Miguel Barclay and student cookbooks, no sign of Monroe :( might be worth Tweeting @ them, Jack?

• Wow
if im correct you have become vip during lockdown? seems like work might have wHs been taking a backseat😂🤣 no shade, totally worth it imo

jesus well done for a juice fast during this time! i guess just read her blog every tjme you crave food 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Back to the "zero waste" banana peel ketchup recipe, I thought bananas were one of the most sprayed crops so unless they're organic bananas is it wise to be eating the peel that may contain a high concentration of pesticides?
Ffs don’t start bringing logic and “doing things properly” into this! I do wonder if there’s someone living on a Jack’s depressipes only diet, and what would happen to that person? A bit like when that guy did the documentary about living off of McDonald’s. A Jack heavy diet might see your taste buds whither away to nothing, your jaw weaken, and your guts turn toxic from pesticides, cheap meat and botulism 😫

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Agreed. Plus I hate this whole trend for zero waste that involves eating carrot tops, banana peels and kumquat ears. Vegetable food waste is really not the issue. You can compost yourself and I would think most councils now have compost collections. I also question the savings. A large bottle of own brand ketchup is usually between 40p and 60p and you don't run the risk of ruining it by adding bananas. And I say that as someone who loves bananas.

Reactions: 33

I should get my juicer out. I've done juice diets a few times, longest I lasted was 20 days. It did make me feel fantastic, but it takes some determination to get through the first few days. Kudos to you.

Ffs don’t start bringing logic and “doing things properly” into this! I do wonder if there’s someone living on a Jack’s depressipes only diet, and what would happen to that person? A bit like when that guy did the documentary about living off of McDonald’s. A Jack heavy diet might see your taste buds whither away to nothing, your jaw weaken, and your guts turn toxic from pesticides, cheap meat and botulism 😫
Oh god, that documentary was so good and stopped me from eating junk food for a very long time. I still rarely have it now, though a portion of chips on a summer's eve with a cold pint is a beautiful thing.

I should get my juicer out. I've done juice diets a few times, longest I lasted was 20 days. It did make me feel fantastic, but it takes some determination to get through the first few days. Kudos to you.
20 days on juice alone?! That is some serious self-control you must have exercised.

Reactions: 12
Agreed. Plus I hate this whole trend for zero waste that involves eating carrot tops, banana peels and kumquat ears. Vegetable food waste is really not the issue. You can compost yourself and I would think most councils now have compost collections. I also question the savings. A large bottle of own brand ketchup is usually between 40p and 60p and you don't run the risk of ruining it by adding bananas. And I say that as someone who loves bananas.
Yep. I like to imagine some no nonsense 40’s housewife who fed x amount of kids during rationing transplanting into the future and saying ‘What the duck are you eating that for?’

PS, it’s Johnson. I’ll be FIZZING. I’m surprised that Jack isn’t interested, but then politics was last week.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Poor Jack, she must have expected that staying off Twitter would slow us down, but it doesn't seem to be happening in the slightest 🤣 Thread 31! Excellent title once again as well, fabulous.

Unfortunately I have to pick my son up at exactly the time when the insta live is on, very inconsiderate, so I will be looking forward to reading all about it when I get back.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh wow, I've not done it for quite a long time but last time I did start to feel really good on it. Then got too skinny and then was a bit of a struggle to go back to eating.

I'm only planning for 3 or 5 days, so either tomorrow might be the last day. I've cheated and had a punnet of strawberries after my lunch juice, but meh they're low cal and mostly water 🤷‍♀️

Somewhat liberating using the slow juicer first thing in the morning to make two litres of juice and then have no cooking to do for the rest of the day :D I just wish I hadn't stocked up on lindt chocolate last week when it was half price..
jesus well done for a juice fast during this time! i guess just read her blog every tjme you crave food 😂
Everytime I think of some delicious fresh basil pesto I change that internal image to old salad bag pesto, it really works :D

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.