Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good luck to marcus, I hope the government work alongside him to bring his polices to life. I think it's good she's giving him shout outs, let's more people see what he's doing, he needs all the support he can get.
Sorry to burst your bubble. He does not need her....quite the contrary.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I am glad somebody has said this. No matter where I have worked, if there is an employee with a doctorate, they ensure that their title is on their door and signature on company headed notepaper. Many jobs filled by someone with a doctorate do not in fact require that level of tertiary education. If you've never met anyone with what is termed a 'Higher Doctorate', think yourself lucky. For some reason, companies feel obligated to pay these people substantially more due to that qualification when in fact it is not needed. With the number of students ending up in five figure debt for a pointless degree (events management, anyone), it would be better for properly thought out work place apprenticeships.
Lol soz but know your audience: there are quite a few people on this thread with PhDs. I fully agree that there are a portion (no doubt in proportion to the general population) who are useless and developed no tangible skills throughout their studies, but this is no different to the many non-PhD-holding useless people you encounter over the course of your working life. If you go through three to six years of intensive intellectual and practical research challenges I think you're certainly entitled to put your hard-earned title on your email signature. And of course there will be PhDs in the non-academic world - I think only 1 in 10 end up in academia? But if you can let me know who these companies who'll pay more if you have a PhD are, I'll be ever-grateful as I could do with a holiday tbh (*Jack voice* it's been 84 years).

Now Jack, OTOH, with her two honorary doctorates, can get the duck out. Those unis were definitely reaching.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

She is insufferable. The sheer arrogance and gall of putting herself on a par with Henry Dimbleby and Marcus Rashford. They are genuinely working to fight poverty and hunger, no doubt. She on the other hand is tweeting all the livelong day, resting in a hammock, and demanding her followers research and write a book for her.

A book which will do nothing to fight poverty and hunger, only promote the one and only Mackie as she wrings yet another round of TV appearances and newspaper columns out of its publication.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
That lady Di poem gave me a much-needed belly laugh 😂 I mean, for primary age - yes normal. To keep it for nearly 20 years as some kind of benchmark of creativity.... erm

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh my god this reminds me of a guy I work with who has a PhD. He has it in his Slack name, on any software we use that requires you to input a name, on all his personal and professional socials.

ETA: not to shade anyone with a PhD! Just realised how dismissive that could sound. My partner has one and I am very aware of how much hard work and sacrifice went into getting it. The guy at my work's PhD skillset is totally different to what is required... plus he is an arrogant toerag 😂
I work in sort of academia most technical / research staff have at least a first degree, PhDs are common as are Professorships no one puts their academic quals on anything unless it is external and it is all first name terms Your guy would get the P taken :)

Reactions: 11
Why are her followers so cringe also? Shoehorning her name into everything. They have fully bought in to her victim narrative, and they all seem suspiciously non impoverished??

Reactions: 18
Sorry to burst your bubble. He does not need her....quite the contrary.
I know this. I am just saying her shout outs are giving him more attention and even though she is most likely doing it for herself it's all giving him the attention he needs.

Reactions: 4
Sooooo, bearing in mind lockdown, and all the uncertainty, and all the non open venues and limited numbers etc etc, could she not get her Wedding deposit back? And just how big was it 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sooooo, bearing in mind lockdown, and all the uncertainty, and all the non open venues and limited numbers etc etc, could she not get her Wedding deposit back? And just how big was it 🤔
It depends on the venue, my daughter and her lovely partner are now on date number 3 (postponed until October next year), until lockdown actually happened their venue was insisting that if they didn't go ahead they would forfeit the money (it was so close most of the money had been paid), they then said they could move it, but it had to be within so many months so they booked for October.

They have now said they could move it again (I think it was the fact that due to numbers being reduced they would have to refund them) hence a full year on.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Oh my word, she's changed her bio to include "Anti-poverty campaigner", "Activist" and "Single parent".
She is not a single parent (or any of the other things tbh) because single parents don't have the childs other parent around, let alone taking the child away. I would be livid if I were the boys father, I am livid on his behalf.

Jack’s year group at Westcliff High were a really bright and high achieving bunch of girls. My daughter is friends with a group of them still and they are doing well, decent careers, house owners, most of them married. Nathalie Emmanuel was in their year (the actres, and she was and is still lovely.

I wonder if Jack feels sour about her peers. I don’t know anyone who has stayed in touch with her.
Ageed, I know a few from her year.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Does she self publish? Does she have an editor? Why do her books contain so many mistakes?
Militating

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Listening to the radio this morning, the co - owner of Leon (not JM's ex, the bloke) was talking about Marcus Radford. Also item on Woman's hour about low income families and poverty. Neither featured or mentioned Jack.

Jack can catfish is all she likes, and she can pretend she couldn't go on the radio because she was sick. But we know the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Why are her followers so cringe also? Shoehorning her name into everything. They have fully bought in to her victim narrative, and they all seem suspiciously non impoverished??
This is why her "research" for a book is so flawed. These are the people who think that poverty is defined by not being able to have the latest designer handbag or a big duck off SMEG.

Listening to the radio this morning, the co - owner of Leon (not JM's ex, the bloke) was talking about Marcus Radford. Also item on Woman's hour about low income families and poverty. Neither featured or mentioned Jack.

Jack can catfish is all she likes, and she can pretend she couldn't go on the radio because she was sick. But we know the truth.
Most people seem to work with her once and then never mention her again. Wonder why that is.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Marcus Rashford has achieved more this year in terms of tackling poverty than Jack has during during her almost decade long career sat on her whinging sponging arse. I also suspect Marcus will appeal more to younger people because he is young, cool and can identify with BAME members due to having experienced real poverty unfortunately, probably racism and intersectional inequalities. Also he comes across as a really nice sincere and positive person who really believes in what he is doing. Compare that to little Ms complains and argues about everything including thin air, and I know who I would support in their crusade to end poverty (and more power to him too).

Also for those of you who don't know Jack recieved an honorary doctorate and had the brass neck to insist she be addressed as Dr Monroe. What a prick!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Can’t find the post about her 'days dry' 536 or something, but did find this

thanks passive agressive lemon 🍋
Ah, it makes sense that she can leave behind her "I'm an alcoholic" schtick now and start drinking "carefully" as it's no longer a mechanism through which to control her partner.

Woman is a sociopath, really.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.