Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In 1972 in the UK, a band called Lieutenant Pigeon got a number one hit with a song called 'Mouldy Old Dough'. 'Mouldy Old Dough' were the only three words in the song. Whenever JM mentions her next cookery book, those three words seem like an apt title.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
In 1972 in the UK, a band called Lieutenant Pigeon got a number one hit with a song called 'Mouldy Old Dough'. 'Mouldy Old Dough' were the only three words in the song. Whenever JM mentions her next cookery book, those three words seem like an apt title.
Crikey, I remember that song. Thanks for the ear worm 😒 x

• Haha
Reactions: 9
None of it looks like restaurant quality food. Now, I know she is NOT A CHEF, but I would expect more from a self appointed 'food expert'. I could whack up pics of my bog standard weekday dinners and they'd look better. Can't stand the "don't judge me" for saying that she might have an ice-cream after eating a dinner that consists mainly of vegetables. Oh you bold little greedy goblin, Jack! Tee hee!
Not only a food expert, oh no! According to the latest insta tags, she is now also a food STYLIST no less!!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
These are the lyrics for the Rolling Stones 'Jumpin Jack Flash'. I haven't changed them because it looks like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards wrote it about her - decades before she was even born. They even had the foresight to write about 'a crust of bread'. I think Mick and Keef were a couple of psychics.

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at the morning driving rain
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,
I was schooled with a strap right across my back
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead
I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled , yeah yeah
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I was crowned with a spike right through my head
But it's all right…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm putting a tenner on demonology being the next random passion she acquires for an afternoon (never to be mentioned again thereafter). Do you think she'd sell her soul for a new Smeg?
Absolutely for a non-"crappy bungalow" that she owns.

Actually, it's a really nice two-storey house in a good area which could maybe do with some upgrading re windows and doors, and possibly heating, but I wouldn't sneeze at it.

Two new Insta posts.

View attachment 227160

View attachment 227162

Plenty of pepper.
Those potatoes look exactly like the ones that are in Tesco's £10 meal deal at the moment. A trip to Tesco Express this afternoon?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I pity her with all that washing up she has to Do. It's all very well cooking for the 5000 when your on your own or perhaps with a. Friend😉😉,but your the one left with all the dishes and that amount of chaos looks like it would have used up quite a bit. In the words of Simon " it's a NO from me."

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you think JM is a bad omen? Everything she touches turns to sh*t? She's like King Midas in reverse. No sooner has JM thrilled us with her courgette recipe, than the Daily Mail reports about crops of killer courgettes. Now, I always thought that consumption of one of JM's meals could necessitate your close proximity to a lavatory, but killer courgettes? Which innocent item of food will she put the hex on next?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Those potatoes look exactly like the ones that are in Tesco's £10 meal deal at the moment. A trip to Tesco Express this afternoon?
Exactly. It's only a couple of weeks back when I recognised some hors d'oeuvre type of thing she photographed which was just stuff bought from a supermarket deli. Small stuffed red peppers - that type of thing. She didn't make them. Quelle surprise.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Darl? Good grief, all Ozzy now.

Her table might be 2 metres long, but the dining room is so cold she doesn't even put the heating on (well that wouldn't help) so they had better wear thermals and bring a hot water bottle. And wasn't her table an old cracked formica one just the other day when she was going to eat greengage and ham?
Alright? Tender, innit. Strewth, those hand-prodded beans had a quick transit time! 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Two new Insta posts.

View attachment 227160

View attachment 227162

Plenty of pepper.
What is “ooft” meant to convey, do we think. To me, it is something like when someone bangs into you with a trolley at the supermarket. It’s not a pleasurable thing. 🤨

Yerwhat?? Mushrooms are full of water, boiling them will just add yet more water. If you then fry them, you will get a pan awash with mushroom water. None of this is very enticing.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
What is “ooft” meant to convey, do we think. To me, it is something like when someone bangs into you with a trolley at the supermarket. It’s not a pleasurable thing. 🤨

Yerwhat?? Mushrooms are full of water, boiling them will just add yet more water. If you then fry them, you will get a pan awash with mushroom water. None of this is very enticing.
I know . Weird. That’s why mushrooms should be wiped clean, if need be before cooking as opposed to washing them otherwise they go soggy

• Haha
Reactions: 10
From her 'mushroom rogan josh' recipe from last November...

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 05.21.20.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 05.26.13.png

Mentioning her 'drafty flat' (how she can even call it a flat I do not know), hating food (she 'glowered' at the veg in her fridge), and taking to Twitter with a poll.... some thing never change eh?

Also... the thought of taking a whole pan of curry to eat in bed :sick: And she goes on to say it was 'so delicious that I had it cold for breakfast this morning, smeared on toast' :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
From her 'mushroom rogan josh' recipe from last November...

View attachment 227309
View attachment 227308

Mentioning her 'drafty flat' (how she can even call it a flat I do not know), hating food (she 'glowered' at the veg in her fridge), and taking to Twitter with a poll.... some thing never change eh?

Also... the thought of taking a whole pan of curry to eat in bed :sick: And she goes on to say it was 'so delicious that I had it cold for breakfast this morning, smeared on toast' :sick:
I hope she has a decent toothbrush tbh, reading about that breakfast makes me want to nip out of bed and brush mine 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 10
These are the lyrics for the Rolling Stones 'Jumpin Jack Flash'. I haven't changed them because it looks like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards wrote it about her - decades before she was even born. They even had the foresight to write about 'a crust of bread'. I think Mick and Keef were a couple of psychics.

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at the morning driving rain
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,
I was schooled with a strap right across my back
But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
It's a gas, gas, gas
I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead
I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled , yeah yeah
I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread
Yeah, yeah, yeah
I was crowned with a spike right through my head
But it's all right…
I can never hear this song without thinking of a frustrated Whoopi Goldberg shouting ‘Mick, Mick, Mick! Speak ENGLISH!’ 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.