Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to do a grunka so I don’t know if someone has mentioned this but some well
meaning person has asked her on insta what potatoes to use for ‘her’ parmentier potatoes and she has replied ‘any, a potato is a potato’ WHICH IS ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS. I don’t mind if she says ‘use whatever you have and it’ll taste ok’ but follow up with ‘but you need a floury one or it won’t get crispy, try a Desiree or Maris Piper’ ANSWER THE QUESTIONS..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I cook a lot and watch/read a lot of foodie shows and books. I've never come across a recipe that asks you to boil mushrooms. There's a reason for that... 🤔

Only time I've ever seen boiled mushrooms actually is at those crappy canteens that serve fry ups, where you go along with your tray and they scoop you ladles of things from the hot tray.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
“Oooft” is another Scottish thing. It’s a polite way of saying “ohshacunt” or “fuckin hell” or some other awesome expletive where most non Scots folk would say “wow”.

e.g oooft, JM’s nails are fuckin manky!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I need to do a grunka so I don’t know if someone has mentioned this but some well
meaning person has asked her on insta what potatoes to use for ‘her’ parmentier potatoes and she has replied ‘any, a potato is a potato’ WHICH IS ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS. I don’t mind if she says ‘use whatever you have and it’ll taste ok’ but follow up with ‘but you need a floury one or it won’t get crispy, try a Desiree or Maris Piper’ ANSWER THE QUESTIONS..
Exactly!

Jack - if you're reading... potatoes for dummies:

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 07.23.29.png

Imagine trying to make parmentier potatoes with waxy potatoes 🤦‍♀️

In all seriousness, her terrible advice could very well waste people's time and money, people who may already be struggling and looking to her for help.

Reactions: 33
From her 'mushroom rogan josh' recipe from last November...

View attachment 227309
View attachment 227308

Mentioning her 'drafty flat' (how she can even call it a flat I do not know), hating food (she 'glowered' at the veg in her fridge), and taking to Twitter with a poll.... some thing never change eh?

Also... the thought of taking a whole pan of curry to eat in bed :sick: And she goes on to say it was 'so delicious that I had it cold for breakfast this morning, smeared on toast' :sick:
Do people actually eat in bed? I get the ocassional breakfast in bed or meal if you're very unwell but just in general.

Learn something new everyday.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Gotta admit; I follow Sunday Brunch on Insta and would cook and eat EVERYTHING that Simon Rimmer and guests make.... but then Jackie's God-awful slop popping up afterwards sends my appetite running for the hills. Most effective diet ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
From her 'mushroom rogan josh' recipe from last November...

View attachment 227309
View attachment 227308

Mentioning her 'drafty flat' (how she can even call it a flat I do not know), hating food (she 'glowered' at the veg in her fridge), and taking to Twitter with a poll.... some thing never change eh?

Also... the thought of taking a whole pan of curry to eat in bed :sick: And she goes on to say it was 'so delicious that I had it cold for breakfast this morning, smeared on toast' :sick:
Covered in coriander too, I see 🧐 (as someone who actually suffers from the devil herb gene, I can spot it a mile off). Poor Jack, her genetic makeup must have simply SWITCHED overnight, as now she professes to hate coriander - or, of course...*insert Novak Nail*

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Someone's in the comments telling her she's talking pish about the potatoes.
So, according to Jack, ‘potatoes are potatoes are potatoes’.

By that rationale, a self-indulgent blog post full of inconsistencies is a self-indulgent blog post full of inconsistencies is a self-indulgent blog post full of inconsistencies.

Right, Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
So, according to Jack, ‘potatoes are potatoes are potatoes’.

By that rationale, a self-indulgent blog post full of inconsistencies is a self-indulgent blog post full of inconsistencies is a self-indulgent blog post full of inconsistencies.

Right, Jack?
Maybe she's doing more poetry - Gertrude Stein's 'A rose is a rose is a rose...'? Honestly, you fraus are just UNCULTURED.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve just read about someone pickling mushrooms then frying them but her food looks really tasty.

Those images last night are so unappealing, different colours & shapes for each dish please!

Reactions: 6
Jack’s timelines are an endless mystery. Don’t forget she was also in a physically, mentally and sexually abusive relationship during her pregnancy.

She was living with another couple throughout her pregnancy and was single. As someone who has been in an abusive same-sex relationship, this is so bleeping infuriating.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I would honestly love her food to be judged by a panel of real chefs, too see if her food passes their tests. I don't mean that nastily but out of curiosity. Any chefs I have ever watched all are very compassionate about textures and flavours. They make out food is an experience not to be missed.

Perhaps if they gave her some sage advice she would maybe calm down her cooking and make it more basic. For me it sounds likes she is trying to hard to create cheap "fancy meals" but I don't always think they work as some of the combinations she uses are like chalk and cheese which would create a dish but without the flavour explosion that is expected.

I honestly believe if she trained in a college( not an elite one, just a standard one) she could go places.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Panda sex? We've had two pandas at Edinburgh Zoo for years now, and not once have those furry friends done the horizontal mambo. Nope, not even when offered extra bamboo and candle lighting as a bribe.
I hate pandas. Frigid monochrome bastards, taking up all the conservation money and attention.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
She gave that same answer during the Hellmanns thing too didn't she? Must have been during the potato salad segment. Someone asked what potatoes to use and she said it didn't matter, any potatoes 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Exactly!

Jack - if you're reading... potatoes for dummies:

View attachment 227326

Imagine trying to make parmentier potatoes with waxy potatoes 🤦‍♀️

In all seriousness, her terrible advice could very well waste people's time and money, people who may already be struggling and looking to her for help.
Didn’t she tell people to roast tinned potatoes at one point? 🤔

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I would honestly love her food to be judged by a panel of real chefs, too see if her food passes their tests. I don't mean that nastily but out of curiosity. Any chefs I have ever watched all are very compassionate about textures and flavours. They make out food is an experience not to be missed.

Perhaps if they gave her some sage advice she would maybe calm down her cooking and make it more basic. For me it sounds likes she is trying to hard to create cheap "fancy meals" but I don't always think they work as some of the combinations she uses are like chalk and cheese which would create a dish but without the flavour explosion that is expected.

I honestly believe if she trained in a college( not an elite one, just a standard one) she could go places.
It's clear looking at her posts that she hasn't really got much of a clue about food at all! She got lucky getting 'discovered' a few years ago and managed to cobble together some crap books but she's absolutely no idea about food really. Allegra must have cringed. Jack reminds me of when Adrian Mole works in that restaurant that sells liver and onion slop for mega money to people who were so pretentious they believed it tasted good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
She'd never take instruction from anyone though, can you imagine trying to teach her anything. But particularly trying to teach her on her "niche" and "life's work" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.