Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every time she adds 'xoxo' onto the end of a comment, I think she thinks she's addressing a Frau, and therefore is being entirely facetious. Her poor, poor followers.
I always read it as sounding as Zozo and think that she's summoning the demon that that twit on Ghost Adventures is always banging on about.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The word is naive. They may be nice people but they’re naive as they come.
Funding someone’s luxury lifestyle in exchange for some photos of celery? Madness.

Reactions: 23
The
What's the pettiest thing that irritates you about JM? I'll go first.

"Send doggos"

Absolute crock of attention seeking tit. Doesn't care about your pet, doesn't care about you, only cares about telling you about her. Knows people love showing off their dog so will get many hits. Isn't even a dog person, is a cat person.
The fact that she has to be in everyone's thing. She can't just stick to her own stuff she has to try and be part of everyone's else's whether they ask her to be there or not. I find it rude and very intrusive.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Funding someone’s luxury lifestyle in exchange for some photos of celery? Madness.
Not just any celery, dear heart.....
Celery, Edinburgh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
when i gave up smoking someone said a good tip was to put a load of dog ends in a jar of water and every time you got a craving you had to take a big sniff of the contents. I'm gipping at the memory.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THAT JAR LOOKED LIKE
I made one of those for work, and it looks exactly like that

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Ouchy mouthy back. Also says back to work and was only told to take easy cos got a big book coming up. So not having nervous breakdown then

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The Marcus Rashford comments / her trying to latch onto his work is really grinding my gears. A black man who experienced real prolonged poverty is doing great work to help communities, making a huge impact and people are paying attention. What use could he possibly have for her? He's doing fine on his own and doesn't need a white saviour. Especially not a white saviour who isn't even interested in helping him but using him for a leg up in her flailing career. Not that further proof is needed but it shows how much empty bullshit her BLM video was.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I’m a bit confused fellow Fraus and have a query with regard to her timeline of events.

So she worked as a fire fighter call handler whilst she was with child. But she met SB’s dad whilst working at Starbucks and then fell pregnant and lost her job because she couldn’t get childcare etc etc.

This would suggest she was working 2 jobs whilst at the fire service? My friend is a call handler for the police and she works relentless hours. Why would she take a second job when the call handler job would be so intense?

Sorry if I’ve got this wrong! It’s been bugging me all day!
Jack’s timelines are an endless mystery. Don’t forget she was also in a physically, mentally and sexually abusive relationship during her pregnancy.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
The one thing I have trouble with about the benefits thing is, benefits are only supposed to cover your bills and or food and perhaps a few clothes for you and your kid (s) that's it. It's not there to fund a lifestyle it's to provide someone with the very basics to keep them housed and alive.

I sometimes get the impression people ( not all but some ) expect it to cover household and social expenses, but that's not what it's about. It's a short term measure until you can go back to work. She left the her job in whatever way she did and decided not to get another job for whatever reason. If living in poverty was really the horrendous for her she would have done anything to get out of it.

I know this probably sounds heartless as some people do not have choices but I get the impression sometimes people expect more from their life on benefits.
My SIL is a professional claimer, her husband is about to 'retire' having worked 6 weeks in his entire life. It's a massive embarrassment for my husband as his and her parents were extremely hard working and he can't understand how she has ended up like this. Most of the time they have been better off than us and we both work full time as well as keeping the pigs. We really do have pigs 😀

OMFG! Has she actually sent out Celery Edinburgh postcards? What an absolute bleeping tool!

• Sad
  • Haha
What's the pettiest thing that irritates you about JM? I'll go first.

"Send doggos"

Absolute crock of attention seeking tit. Doesn't care about your pet, doesn't care about you, only cares about telling you about her. Knows people love showing off their dog so will get many hits. Isn't even a dog person, is a cat person.
For me it's the fact that she's written six books and still doesn't seem to know that the phrase "thank you" is two separate words.

I always read it as sounding as Zozo and think that she's summoning the demon that that twit on Ghost Adventures is always banging on about.
I'm putting a tenner on demonology being the next random passion she acquires for an afternoon (never to be mentioned again thereafter). Do you think she'd sell her soul for a new Smeg?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Jack’s timelines are an endless mystery. Don’t forget she was also in a physically, mentally and sexually abusive relationship during her pregnancy.

None of it makes sense! It’s so annoying!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
OMFG! Has she actually sent out Celery Edinburgh postcards? What an absolute bleeping tool!
[/QUOTE]
Ha, I’m guessing to be honest. Wouldn’t be surprised though

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mmmm a delicious recipe of tinned mandarins, tinned steak, and ketchup.
I used to like tinned mandarins as a kid, in orange jelly or with carnation milk, but duck me if I going to eat them with a rinsed beef chuck stew. She’s got form with the tinned mandarins too, adding them to a cheesy, creamy pasta dish and calling it “Roman”🙄🙄🙄

what’s wrong with using the tinned fruit as pudding FFS!!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Let me get this straight... her doctor prescribed a "chemical rollercoaster" and insisted that she take some time off work else there would be a disaster less than 4 weeks ago (I checked... it was 03 Aug) but now she's back writing not one but two books, one of which is deeply triggering because she's having to remember all the lies she made up about being poor?

Totally consistent with burnout, you guys. Many ill, much sympathy.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.