Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The one thing I have trouble with about the benefits thing is, benefits are only supposed to cover your bills and or food and perhaps a few clothes for you and your kid (s) that's it. It's not there to fund a lifestyle it's to provide someone with the very basics to keep them housed and alive.

I sometimes get the impression people ( not all but some ) expect it to cover household and social expenses, but that's not what it's about. It's a short term measure until you can go back to work. She left the her job in whatever way she did and decided not to get another job for whatever reason. If living in poverty was really the horrendous for her she would have done anything to get out of it.

I know this probably sounds heartless as some people do not have choices but I get the impression sometimes people expect more from their life on benefits.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

apologies for gif but MR must be pissing himself laughing...

Newsflash Jack....HE DOESN'T WANT TO WORK WITH YOU
get the hint you stupid bint
Slight OT but Simon Cowell looks like the baby from Ice Age all grown up 🙃

And going for a Jack trick....
Jack Monroe #66 The Time Traveller’s Strife.

Her carbonara looks and sounds effing gross too. My son’s first carbonara attempt a few weeks ago was miles more appetising. Bloody Halloumi. Get in the bin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
All of her stupid disciples that are suggesting she ‘team up’ with Marcus Rashford are stupid, ignorant bastards. How dare they?! He has done amazing work - why on earth would he need or want to be dragged down by this aggressive poverty imposter in her detached house with the heating on August?

And for her to be all simpering, and ‘fingers crossed we can can make something work’ is soooooooo dizgusting. I wish she’d have the dignity and humility to say, ‘He doesn’t need me, he’s doing amazingly on his own without me.’
Yes-exactly this. Anyone with even an OUNCE of humility or dignity would do exactly that. Not ole grifter though, instead she likes any tweets linking her to him & behaves like an irritating jack russell that just won’t stop humping your leg.
Seriously jack, if you truly give a tit-back off. He doesn’t need you bleeping this up

• Heart
Reactions: 29
All of her stupid disciples that are suggesting she ‘team up’ with Marcus Rashford are stupid, ignorant bastards. How dare they?! He has done amazing work - why on earth would he need or want to be dragged down by this aggressive poverty imposter in her detached house with the heating on August?

And for her to be all simpering, and ‘fingers crossed we can can make something work’ is soooooooo dizgusting. I wish she’d have the dignity and humility to say, ‘He doesn’t need me, he’s doing amazingly on his own without me.’
She's such a tool. 🙄
With all what he has achieved, the contacts he must have, fab services he's working alongside - why on Earth would he want to team up with a woman who just spends her days showing herself right up on Twitter, being rude, spiteful and telling people to duck off?
That and spouting off about writing her poverty "memoir"?
Fucks sake mate 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 38
We all know her politics are awful but this is astoundingly blinkered and privileged. I suspect the implication that she was denied benefits for 2 years is a lie, for a start. And then there's not having a clue about the reality of being no recourse to public funds. It's a level of poverty you'll never know, Jack, and you should not appropriate that experience as similar to your own.
Agreed. Seeing her flippant response to that reply made me feel incredibly angry.

She has absolutely no idea what it's like to be in that kind of situation. No safety net, not even the possibility of benefits or a comfortable family you can turn to when tit hits the fan. As I've mentioned here before, I know from a mutual (ex) friend of hers that her situation was one she actively chose. No-one has possibly had it worse in history, compared to Wor Jackie.

I can fully imagine her being on one of those Sky News boats, 'reporting' on desperate refugees trying to cross the Chanel. Maybe she starts out well, asking one of them about their circumstances. But then it quickly becomes JM's Oppression Olympics. 'Enforced conscription, endemic violence and civil war? Well my cavernous bungalow is too draughty, now duck off x'

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Someone needs to share THIS on her fecking timeline
there is so much research going on in this sphere, particularly the early post-COVID effects; the big issue will be turning this proper analysis into some kind of effective policy change. Again, JM’s repurposing of her out of date inaccuracies, and absolute lack of understanding of real current stories (no recourse to public funds, the tragedy of Mercy Baguma, etc.) will bring no influence to the matter, cf The Ballad of Potatoes - misguided twitter likes bring no societal change

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It wasn’t me but I genuinely wondered the same thing because I just can’t see how halloumi would melt otherwise? Might not have been a tattle Frau, bc how on earth *would* you get halloumi to melt...? We can’t be the only ones wondering...
She must have nipped to John Lewis for a new kitchen gadget for this recipe

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She needs to leave that young man alone really. She just sounds like a desperate teen trying to get a date with the school heartthrob who has no interest.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Next thread title should perhaps have marcus rashford in the title (in case anyone Googles). The first hit currently is tattle!
Be good for anyone connected to him to know what a liability she would be to him. He should steer welllllll clear.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What's the pettiest thing that irritates you about JM? I'll go first.

"Send doggos"

Absolute crock of attention seeking tit. Doesn't care about your pet, doesn't care about you, only cares about telling you about her. Knows people love showing off their dog so will get many hits. Isn't even a dog person, is a cat person.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Agreed. Seeing her flippant response to that reply made me feel incredibly angry.

She has absolutely no idea what it's like to be in that kind of situation. No safety net, not even the possibility of benefits or a comfortable family you can turn to when tit hits the fan. As I've mentioned here before, I know from a mutual (ex) friend of hers that her situation was one she actively chose. No-one has possibly had it worse in history, compared to Wor Jackie.

I can fully imagine her being on one of those Sky News boats, 'reporting' on desperate refugees trying to cross the Chanel. Maybe she starts out well, asking one of them about their circumstances. But then it quickly becomes JM's Oppression Olympics. 'Enforced conscription, endemic violence and civil war? Well my cavernous bungalow is too draughty, now duck off x'
Like when she compared her life in south end to a woman living in Tanzania?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
everything about it is terrible! The courgette ribbons are lazily cut into big inelegant chunks. The way her food looks I imagine her grunting and hacking at everything boorishly , like a big angry caveman
I can't even tell what is courgette and what is pasta. Do you think she could get it out of the pan as it seems fairly welded to the sides?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I thought it was super noodles in the pot. I’m quite partial to a super noodle sandwich with cheese.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
It’s not a bleeping carbonara. I have italian family. Why was it ok for her to go on about the Joloff rice when it came to ‘that man’, yet she can culturally appropriate whatever she wants? (Not that I give a tit, no italian is going to accept that’s a carbonara, they’d just pass on it)
It would be a supersonic speed blocking if anyone dared to suggest that she was doing a Jollof rice with it. Mind you, THAT MAN's recipe was probably at least edible.

• Haha
What's the pettiest thing that irritates you about JM? I'll go first.

"Send doggos"

Absolute crock of attention seeking tit. Doesn't care about your pet, doesn't care about you, only cares about telling you about her. Knows people love showing off their dog so will get many hits. Isn't even a dog person, is a cat person.
Send doggie FFS .why are you wanting to test recipes out on them.My dogs a greedy mooching bugger but even she had standards .About only maverick idea she's not had out yet poverty pooch slop

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It would be a supersonic speed blocking if anyone dared to suggest that she was doing a Jollof rice with it. Mind you, THAT MAN's recipe was probably at least edible.
Also for the court transcripts would like to point out her beef with JO’s “appropriation” wasn’t allyship at all, she was equating the injustice of him getting a TV slot on lockdown cooking as on par to a white rich man profiteering off another culture’s cuisine. Her politics are traaaash!

Reactions: 32
I bet she feels lucky. They are always there when the tip jar is being jangled.

Reactions: 11
Has she gone back to her GP for a follow up? Surely they wouldn’t advice jumping into all this without assessing her meds/mental health again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.