Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both of these things happen.

Fareshare is a way for supermarkets to distribute food to charities - I collected the leftover food 4 times a week from Tesco & Waitrose & delivered it to a local charity supporting the homeless. Different volunteers on different days for different supermarkets & charities.
City Harvest collects leftover food from restaurants and in house catering (pre-Covid) and distributes it.
Would JM volunteer for one of these schemes? Probably not. It would only happen if there was a documentary team in tow. She couldn't care less about others in dire need - it is just a means of building a media career and getting famous friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m in the same area as Jack. It’s not that bloody cold. She’s gonna be fucked come winter. She always has to exaggerate everything. She’s not in the Arctic.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She wouldn't last long in winter in her beloved Edinburgh if she's cold wearing all that in Southend in August!
It's very cold here in Edinburgh today. Had to have the heating on last night. We don't get the nice summer weather the south of England occasionally gets. When I visit London, I can't believe how much warmer it is down there.

Why doesn't she connect both of her brain cells and buy some draught excluders. They come in all price ranges. What on earth is her problem with that bungalow? So many people would love the chance to live in a property like that.

Reactions: 28
Someone suggested she put a jumper on...
Oh, bollocks. Are we supposed to believe she's wearing all that?

Fully expect a photo soon to prove it 🙄

She should move from the crappy bungalow if it's so draughty. Didn't her cold seafront rental set off her arthritis?

Edit: Sorry for repeating everything others have already said. I'm on a Grunka so I'll just shush 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She has to put in that she is an ex waitress. Everything has to be referred to herself. She is an 'ex' everything. There is not a job this woman hasn't done. There is not an illness she hasn't had. She should be put in the Victoria and Albert Museum for future historians to study because she is so unique compared to the rest of the population.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
It’s 14 where I am just now, north of the border and the sun is shining.

No way would I put my heating on when the temperature is in double figures but some people feel the cold more than others.

Not everyone needs to announce the temperature of their bungalow on Twitter either or make a huge song and dance about how they are sitting wrapped up like the Michelin man.

She could use some of the dosh she rakes in from her Patreon subscribers to pay her bills without making a huge fuss over it.

She’s lucky she has that option, few people do.

When was the last time she had a side dish and tap water at a restaurant? Give me peace.

Reactions: 16
duck. Off.
AE3DF5BD-74B4-4EA4-939B-7FA74252C767.jpeg
frugal people don’t buy £85 leggings when they’re £3 in Primark. You horrible, horrible hypocrite.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96
View attachment 226684
It’s like a Michael McIntyre show. Yes these are all relatable things. 😴😴😴
What I suggest she (or anyone else does) is look on the internet for suggestions as to deal with bill splitting fairly. I think Martin Lewis' website has suggestions. The thing Jack should understand is that she can now afford to eat the whole menu by herself, but the way she writes these comments makes her followers think that she is still in dire straits. The way her tip jar and Patreon is going, she will be able to afford to buy the restaurant premises.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
10DC636A-6B91-4806-8119-BC3BC5EA8F99.jpeg

Oh mate, silly you! She can play but you’re not allowed.

What I suggest she (or anyone else does) is look on the internet for suggestions as to deal with bill splitting fairly. I think Martin Lewis' website has suggestions. The thing Jack should understand is that she can now afford to eat the whole menu by herself, but the way she writes these comments makes her followers think that she is still in dire straits. The way her tip jar and Patreon is going, she will be able to afford to buy the restaurant premises.
Novak Nail on her beanie hatted head!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It is indeed chillier in Edinburgh today....but....still lovely. Just passed the hallowed flatshare serviced apartments... and felt a misty eyed whimsical sadness for the glory days of "Celery"

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It is indeed chillier in Edinburgh today....but....still lovely. Just passed the hallowed flatshare serviced apartments... and felt a misty eyed whimsical sadness for the glory days of "Celery"
Have they not put up a blue plaque in memory of JM's visit. I mean, you are in the right part of Edinburgh - there are plaques to other great writers in that area like Robert Louis Stevenson, JM Barrie and Sir Walter Scott, so why not Jack?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Any time I’ve been out for a meal before lockdown if it was with a group of people we all paid for our own meals. We just asked for the bill, paid our own share and left a tip.

It’s easy enough done. Does anyone believe that Jack sat in a restaurant with pals who were eating the finest steak and she sat there with a salad and tap water and then paid an equal share of the entire bill?

20 quid plus for a salad and a glass of water? I certainly wouldn’t. Particularly if I were skint. Which I was for a long time.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.