Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a tradie and I cannot abide dirty fingernails. Mine get properly skanky doing my job, but I wash and scrub them and keep them short. Hate that feeling of grit underneath them, but when you’re working with food, it’s...pretty rank. Or maybe nailbanje adds to the flavour and texture of Slop?

Also killing myself here at the mention of ‘sodding cooking’. What a stalwart, to Educate the Nation by doing something she clearly resents. Why do it, if she doesn’t like it? She could always turn that (tiny) huge back garden of the (crappy) beautiful house/bungalow/whatever into a campsite, after all, no?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
A thought on the 'crappy bungalow':
It's been pointed out how easy it is to find it. For someone who has been stalked in the past, she has certainly given a lot of clues. We had the garden, the tennis players, photos of various rooms inside that make it clear, as well as her appearance on DKL in shots showing the layout and entirety of the kitchen? It would be the work of 10 minutes to find it with all that information and the multitude of posts makes it easy to remember what her home looks like, right?

So it would be a good way out of the 'crappy bungalow' if someone found where she lived (or if she said they did. People on here have proved it's easy enough). She could no longer live there. Where could she go? Also good story for the tabloids so ££££.

Just a thought.

Reactions: 9
A thought on the 'crappy bungalow':
It's been pointed out how easy it is to find it. For someone who has been stalked in the past, she has certainly given a lot of clues. We had the garden, the tennis players, photos of various rooms inside that make it clear, as well as her appearance on DKL in shots showing the layout and entirety of the kitchen? It would be the work of 10 minutes to find it with all that information and the multitude of posts makes it easy to remember what her home looks like, right?

So it would be a good way out of the 'crappy bungalow' if someone found where she lived (or if she said they did. People on here have proved it's easy enough). She could no longer live there. Where could she go? Also good story for the tabloids so ££££.

Just a thought.
I think she would welcome any and all drama that could possibly come her way, it all makes for a day and night's tweeting. She's not worried about security or her safety, that's pretty obvious (ie, there's noone after her). Same way she gives no shits about repeatedly writing triggery stuff online for hundreds/thousands of people to read. It's all about Jack. Don't think the tabloids are much interested in what she does, thankfully. They were interested in KH and really only wrote about her in connection.

Reactions: 12
Hammock
Hanging chairs (2)
Dyson fan
Dyson hair dryer
Smeg (2?)
Viv westward dress
Spendy trainers
Freezers (3)
Cotswold catalogue
Sweaty Betty leggings
Lumie alarm clock
R&P bra
The sleeper to Edinburgh

edt - the Emin! How could I forget?
I’m not a fan of talking about the C word (25th Dec) until December but this got me thinking about rewriting a special cabal version of 12 days of Christmas 🙈😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Do you think she was like Phoebe in Friends when she was an extra! That tray would’ve been shaking like a shitting dog 😂
Thanks Lenny 😘 I can’t get the thought of JM running round her garden like Phoebe from Friends when she goes for a run with Rachel, then jumping onto the water rower with the determination of an Olympic athlete.

JM and her stalker stories remind me of something.

There’s a group of very butch lesbians on TikTok who constantly make videos with a backing song and with captions like ‘when men say they can turn me straight’.

Everyone watching knows men don’t say that to them, and they’re just using it for some weird man hating flex. Just like we know JM (probably) wasn’t ever stalked and just used it for content. The only problem is you can’t prove it at all so you just have to nod along and silently agree, even though it’s utter bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Those were fancy hanging chairs, two of them. Perhaps we need to add “fancy items” to the spreadsheet collection?

Hammock
Hanging chairs (2)
Dyson fan
Dyson hair dryer
Smeg (2?)
Viv westward dress
Spendy trainers
Freezers (3)
Cotswold catalogue
Sweaty Betty leggings
Lumie alarm clock
R&P bra
The sleeper to Edinburgh

edt - the Emin! How could I forget?
Apple Watch she wore in the rowing post with grey top

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I'm surprised to see her with MSG - surely that would exacerbate one of her many, severe ailments?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Thanks Lenny 😘 I can’t get the thought of JM running round her garden like Phoebe from Friends when she goes for a run with Rachel, then jumping onto the water rower with the determination of an Olympic athlete.

JM and her stalker stories remind me of something.

There’s a group of very butch lesbians on TikTok who constantly make videos with a backing song and with captions like ‘when men say they can turn me straight’.

Everyone watching knows men don’t say that to them, and they’re just using it for some weird man hating flex. Just like we know JM (probably) wasn’t ever stalked and just used it for content. The only problem is you can’t prove it at all so you just have to nod along and silently agree, even though it’s utter bullshit.
I have never, ever, ever, even conceived of saying that to a lesbian. None of my mates would either, and we’re the kind of workers who get stereotyped as saying this kind of tit. I hate the thought of men saying crap like this, but I have to say, hand on heart, I don’t know a single one who would. Maybe 20-30 years ago, but not in this day and age. There’ll always be exceptions, but I don’t like being stereotyped as a wolf whistling meathead. Boils my piss quite frankly. I work bloody hard for our family in a job I fell into, but progressed quickly through, and now love. Myself and my colleagues are respectful and polite, always have been, always will be. And frankly, anyone who has the time to belt out homophobic insults on shift would be getting their marching orders.

Sorry mods, that was probably verging on OT...feel free to report 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Just been doing some Jack maths, in which I think I've been extremely conservative, and I've come to the conclusion that she's a profligate spender:

Hammock - £399
Hanging chairs (2) - £300 (£150 each)
Dyson fan - £339
Dyson hair dryer - gift from Louisa
Smeg - £2500 (conservative estimate)
Viv westwood dress - £150 (assume sale)
Nike VaporMax (x 2 minimum) - £360
Cotswold catalogue - £3000 (conservative estimate)
Sweaty Betty leggings - £75
Lumie alarm clock - £170
R&P bras (x 2 minimum) - c. £200
Airpods - £199
Airpods pro - £249
Apple Watch (assume series 3) - £199
Sleeper to Edinburgh - min. £250 last min on a Friday
3 nights at Eden Locke, Edinburgh - £309
Last minute train home on a Monday morning - £170 minimum
Vets bills - £700

TOTAL - £9569

Let's be generous and assume that, despite living in Essex, Jack pays herself the London Living Wage, which is £19,890 per year. She's spunked nearly half of it on absolutely pointless luxuries. Except that doesn't matter, because she's evidently making bank and just lying to her audience's faces.

The thing is, none of us would give a tit about this if she was honest, but shaking the tip jar and crying that she had a gig cancelled due to Covid and making her followers think that she's in dire straits is just unforgivable, isn't it.

She makes me siiiiiiiiiiick.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
I think Jack’s looking perky and cheerful in her latest IG and with a free bag to plug too, lucky Jack 😉.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
New insta post advertising bags. She's defo going down the influenzer route. Grabby handed greedy goblin.

Yikes, had a quick look on the site, upwards of 75 quid for a small bag. Not really aimed at her usual clientele, is it?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.