Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those were fancy hanging chairs, two of them. Perhaps we need to add “fancy items” to the spreadsheet collection?

Hammock
Hanging chairs (2)
Dyson fan
Dyson hair dryer
Smeg (2?)
Viv westward dress
Spendy trainers
Freezers (3)
Cotswold catalogue
Sweaty Betty leggings
Lumie alarm clock
R&P bra
The sleeper to Edinburgh

edt - the Emin! How could I forget?
The very expensive water rower

I treated myself to a hammock last week, I bought mine off argos, it wasn't anywhere near as expensive as Jack's, and I agonised over whether to buy it or not. But then again I earn my own money, and I don't have people spunking me cash for doing nowt

Reactions: 24
And the WaterRower! About £1200 for that.
For someone who is constantly on the beg, she doesn’t half have a lot of luxury stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Ruby Rose's body double having a scrap.
"Fight, fight, fight"

We had all assumed that the BAFTA was left behind by, Louisa. Maybe we were all wrong and it was awarded for 'Best Shin-kicking in a Drama' 2016.

Genius. It's beyond me, but could you bring your facial photoshopping skills to other occasions when Jack stood in for Hollywood star, Ruby Rose?

Sorry if this has already been posted but just seen this and thought of JM :LOL:

Bless him, but someone really needs to introduce that guy to the concept of utilising an extra pair of socks if he is going for that kind of profile picture.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She’s deleted something but her twitter is such a mess with all the questionnaires on so many different topics that I cba to investigate.

Reactions: 9
She’s deleted something but her twitter is such a mess with all the questionnaires on so many different topics that I cba to investigate.
Looks like this one has gone but not sure when:

Screenshot_20200823-144846_Fenix.jpg

We had all assumed that the BAFTA was left behind by, Louisa. Maybe we were all wrong and it was awarded for 'Best Shin-kicking in a Drama' 2016.

Genius. It's beyond me, but could you bring your facial photoshopping skills to other occasions when Jack stood in for Hollywood star, Ruby Rose?

Bless him, but someone really needs to introduce that guy to the concept of utilising an extra pair of socks if he is going for that kind of profile picture.
My skills are basic 😂

Reactions: 13
Bloody hell....pleading poverty while spending £399 on a hammock. She's despicable.

Reactions: 17
Those were fancy hanging chairs, two of them. Perhaps we need to add “fancy items” to the spreadsheet collection?

Hammock
Hanging chairs (2)
Dyson fan
Dyson hair dryer
Smeg (2?)
Viv westward dress
Spendy trainers
Freezers (3)
Cotswold catalogue
Sweaty Betty leggings
Lumie alarm clock
R&P bra
The sleeper to Edinburgh

edt - the Emin! How could I forget?
Jack has expensive taste and money to burn it would seem. How she has the sheer bloody nerve to beg and shake the tip jar whilst sitting on thousands of pounds worth of goods is bleeping astounding.

• Angry
Reactions: 27
Delighted not to be sodding cooking. I know right, how horrific to be doing the thing you're supposed to love a few times a week (you cannot convince me she's currently cooking any more frequently than this, and by 'cooking', I mean bunging some sad old veg and pulses into a slow cooker...).

• Haha
Reactions: 37
TBF @crystaleyesd, I love cooking but am also bloody sick of it — it’s been constant during lockdown 🙄 (it’s not my job though, granted, butI am also sodding sick of the Zoom malarkey of my actual job 🤣🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Delighted not to be sodding cooking. I know right, how horrific to be doing the thing you're supposed to love a few times a week (you cannot convince me she's currently cooking any more frequently than this, and by 'cooking', I mean bunging some sad old veg and pulses into a slow cooker...).
Imagine hearing nigella lawson or Nigel slater say that! Oh sorry I forgot she’s NOT A CHEF so she’s allowed to hate cooking even though it’s her job.

723A9134-BDAA-4122-BD1E-E185E84DA86B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Oooh someone has commented that he hopes her grandad doesn't read her tweet.... He is asking for fury of a thousand suns to be fired at him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Where's the Chinese food she made with the five spice and MSG? Sigh. I think the "burnout" era might be coming to an end. She's surely ridden it as long as she can now and suddenly feels stronger after 2 yanks of the (fancy) water rower. I expect a pile on in the coming week to get her name back out there. Very interested to hear the excuse for not being involved in the canned food festival since plans would've been underway long before she was "on a break!".
Surely they would've just had Ruby Rose stand in for Jack if she couldn't make it? Confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
TBF @crystaleyesd, I love cooking but am also bloody sick of it — it’s been constant during lockdown 🙄 (it’s not my job though, granted, butI am also sodding sick of the Zoom malarkey of my actual job 🤣🤣)
I totally agree, but it's so unprofessional to be complaining about 'the sodding cooking' as if it doesn't keep her in hammocks and smegs and FANCY trips to Edinburgh. I reckon this is just grasping for more likes because she knows how tired many other women are of cooking (unpaid and unpatreoned) for their families every day - whereas all she seems to have done lately is some veggies she breathed on to warm up and a couple of salads. The rest of the time she's been eating endless biscuits; surely that couldn't be...a lie???

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yeah he’s really pinning you down there, no way at all you’d get free 🙄

Jack, come on. You can’t kid a cabal of kidders. We know you read here. We know you think you’re one up by saying “he thinks I need a wash”. You have to get up early to catch us mucker!

If I had put a picture on my small-scale social media with my fingernails dirty, I would expect at least one of my closest friends to say to me “hey min, have you been pickin tatties or somethin?” (Translation: holy smoke Lenny, your fingernails look so dirty it looks like you’ve had your hands in soil!) And that’s with them knowing what my struggles are. Be grateful Tattlers are pointing it out because I would imagine as a (not chef) cook, hand hygiene is paramount. Add in the pandemic and I think people will hold you to a higher standard.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.