Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every reincarnation of Jacks style looks wrong to me, like she’s dressing up as a character.
Has she ever looked comfortable and like...herself?

The hat is not a good look, it makes her head look like a pea. And I know that BOY is a brand but we all know it’s another prop to attract attention and comments from those white men who deserve a good kicking in the shins. Much like she makes a point of rolling up her sleeves on her signature denim shirts to show off her tattoos to all those people who like to make nasty comments about her “white trash”. She doesn’t dress for herself, she dresses to make a point and have a story to tell.
It’s very Terry Richardson / trucker hat era. Vile.

Reactions: 4
I work for a (mainly) online retailer that sells brands at every price point from mid range streetwear to high end designer goods.

Stussy is a top seller, it has its captive audience and people who will always immediately be drawn to the brand. I can confirm we have never, and most likely never will sell this BOY brand. It doesn’t fit in with streetwear aesthetic at all at the moment! In that £40 price point for caps you have Nike, Adidas, Carhartt, Stussy, Dickies, Lacoste, Fresh Ego Kid, Rewired. All much more well known brands that are nowhere near as in your face as that cap is!

Reactions: 15
And he had a club raided and we were all arrested for "licentious dancing" a law that hadn't been used for 200 years. This was in 1984!!! The solicitor at the police station assigned to us had to look the law up, he told us that we had been arrested for dancing in a sexually provocative manner. The Police ended up paying out compensation for wrongful arrests.

R Jackie thinks that she is discriminated against because she is trans non binary. She should have lived back then, she would know what discrimination is.
I am surprised he didn't go patrolling up and down Canal Street himself looking for 'offenders'. For all you know, he might have secretly wanted to visit the Rembrandt pub - he sounded closeted.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"Plaid" trousers!!!?? No one whose 2nd home was bonny Scotland would ever say plaid. So American

• Haha
Reactions: 18
"Plaid" trousers!!!?? No one whose 2nd home was bonny Scotland would ever say plaid. So American
Taylor Swift uses the word in a few of her songs, so Jackie most likely steals her personality and vocabulary - and she won’t have another word said about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This gives us a great excuse to keep her out of Scotland in future. She has caused us offence with her Americanisation of Scottish culture :LOL:
Yes!!!!! Although.....i do love seeing tourists in See You Jimmy hats. I think they're really sweet and it's nice to see people just enjoying themselves..!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
(facepalm) NOT broadcasting to the entire globe via twitter as to when you're not at home has to be Internet Safety 101. She's 32, a fully grown adult, with stalkers, so she MUST know this. (I also recommend not mentioning/photographing the fact that you live by anything locally noteworthy.

(insert 'You are really dumb, for real' Antoine Dodson gif plz!)
I know burglary is a bad thing, but I would laugh up a lung if she came home and found her sideboards missing.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I work for a (mainly) online retailer that sells brands at every price point from mid range streetwear to high end designer goods.

Stussy is a top seller, it has its captive audience and people who will always immediately be drawn to the brand. I can confirm we have never, and most likely never will sell this BOY brand. It doesn’t fit in with streetwear aesthetic at all at the moment! In that £40 price point for caps you have Nike, Adidas, Carhartt, Stussy, Dickies, Lacoste, Fresh Ego Kid, Rewired. All much more well known brands that are nowhere near as in your face as that cap is!
As BOY was founded in 1976 and had a shop on the Kings Road through the punk era & Billy Idol & Philip Salon worked there I’d say it had quite a lot of cred back in the day. Could be an age thing?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She might not think it but I am actually a nice person but she is irritating and spouts such bollocks and I am sorry but her clothes tonight were not dinner party wear. The jeans yes, the shirt sure, the Hat never and it all combined no way. She looks like she fell out of the 80s and not in the good sense. I don't mean to that horribly I would say that to any of my mates to their actual faces.
Dear heart! And the necklaces, truly unfortunate

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As BOY was founded in 1976 and had a shop on the Kings Road through the punk era & Billy Idol & Philip Salon worked there I’d say it had quite a lot of cred back in the day. Could be an age thing?
I think so. Some brands just have a shelf life. Jack is around the same age as me but I wouldn’t wear that cap - and Jack first started wearing it when she decided she was transgender I’m sure of it. So it’s nothing to do with the brand for Jack, it’ll be to do with the word on the front in order to gain some interaction.

Some brands, no matter how long they’ve been around are just sometimes not right for us to partner with as they don’t fit the culture we are looking for. There’s quite a few you’d expect us to sell and we don’t because it’s not our target market. I expect BOY to be quite outdated and very similar. I’ve never seen anyone other than Jack and the people posted on this thread wearing that hat.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.