Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is not the first time I have been in a cesspit. Back in '86 Manchester Chief Constable James Anderton said that the gay community was "swirling around in a cesspit of their own making" in response to a question about HIV and AIDS.

I was OK with being part of a cesspit back then, I am more than happy with my current cesspit.
He was a nasty piece of work wasn't he? Do you remember when he bought all those water canons that he didn't have the authority to buy and they had to be sent back? He was also a rabid methodist who wouldn't let pubs open for longer on bank Holidays etc. And tried to make them shut.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
He was a nasty piece of work wasn't he? Do you remember when he bought all those water canons that he didn't have the authority to buy and they had to be sent back? He was also a rabid methodist who wouldn't let pubs open for longer on bank Holidays etc. And tried to make them shut.

Horrible geezer. Sean ryder wrote 'gods cop' about him

Reactions: 4
This would only be believable if the bookings were made at the same time though?

If she’s spaced out the bookings by two hours she may as well have cancelled. Restaurants are really busy with EOTHO

If I meet with a friend we agree a time and then if we were going for dinner it would be for around that time, not a two hour time span??
Yes, this! Reminds me of the Vicar of Dibley Xmas special where Geraldine ate several dinners...mildly Grunka-ing through the last few pages, as a friend who hasn’t been well is declining. Think I may be absent for a few days (though I am aware this is not an airport 😉) Send Eamonn my best!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I've made this lovely collage for Jack, I drew inspiration from her outfit tonight. It's all from the 80s.
96A60544-00AC-4E9E-9F09-181D8655D148.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh and @crystaleyesd looks like Vonny has already deleted her Covid encore news, wonder if she was questioned on it

*insert Jimmy here*
SHE'S WAITING FOR HER TEST GEEZ.

Also I thought you were saying I looked like Vonny at first and was like 🔺🔻🔺:eek: (plus I really don't!)

@GothPrincess - Vonny (moyes/bravo/leclerc/delete as appropriate) is Scottish Jack and a few of us fraus keep an eye on her quite staggering life full of stalkers, endless broken engagements and now apparent double coronavirus.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
When the Moors Murder case was reopened in 1986, Anderton was at GMP's headquarters and 12 year old murder victim Keith Bennet's brother, Alan, was visiting on the floor below. Mr Bennett asked to have a word with Mr Anderton about the case, and Anderton refused to come downstairs to speak to him, even although it was the biggest murder inquiry Manchester had ever had. Apparently, the headquarters were in Chester Street, Manchester and it was know as 'Chester Zoo' because it was so badly run - Anderton was in charge!

apologies for being off topic

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
And he had a club raided and we were all arrested for "licentious dancing" a law that hadn't been used for 200 years. This was in 1984!!! The solicitor at the police station assigned to us had to look the law up, he told us that we had been arrested for dancing in a sexually provocative manner. The Police ended up paying out compensation for wrongful arrests.

R Jackie thinks that she is discriminated against because she is trans non binary. She should have lived back then, she would know what discrimination is.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
And "Looks" magazine!!! I used to love that! In fact, in the late 80s I won a competition in Looks to go to London for a makeover at Trevor Sorbie and a photoshoot for the mag. I had long blonde hair, and they cut it short and dyed it red. I looked like Cilla Black....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.