Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She couldn’t have been in Miami in 2015 she hasn’t had a holiday in seven years
No, no no. I think you will find what she actually said was she hadn't had a week's holiday in whatever years. A week is seven days. A holiday of any other duration is clearly not a week.. Do try to keep up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
This was just a threat, she is a bully. There is no way her lawyer is reading these threads - it would cost A FORTUNE. Even if her lawyer was reading, there is nothing actionable here, and she knows it. In fact, we are able to contradict Jack on many of her statements, because these threads retain screenshots of many of her deleted posts.
Let’s not forget the Hopkins v Monroe case. Jack had claimed that she received a “torrent of abuse” online as a result of Katie’s tweets. However, she was only able to provide evidence of ONE offensive tweet. The judge criticised both Jack AND her lawyer for this in his summing up. (It didn’t go to the heart of the case, or the result, but no judge is going to accept unsubstantiated claims as part of the pleadings without question as it undermines the whole system).
So, in summary, she’s a liar and a bully. She threatened legal action in an attempt to shut us up, but there is no way she would take us to court because (1) we’ve done nothing actionable; and (2) we have the receipts - there is no way in hell she would want the evidence we hold here to come out in court. This is why she’s never mentioned us by name - the last thing she wants is her army of sycophants to come over here and have the wool lifted from their eyes.
Apart from the very good points which you raise, lawyers are obliged by their firms to keep a record of the amount of time they spend on a client's case for the sake of the fees to be charged. Given that JM has not instructed a legal firm in an action with Tattle Life, why would a lawyer be spending hours of their firm's time on something which they will probably never be able to charge for. Also, how devoted would a lawyer be to JM to spend hours of their own leisure time reading this site for her? She is not important in the scheme of things. When she took legal action against KH, it was on a no win, no fee basis. If KH had just settled a relatively small amount on a designated charity, it would never have gone to court. If someone on Tattle Life said that JM's cooking always looks like a load of pigswill, the evidence could be provided in court courtesy of numerous photos on the internet. Litigation is expensive - she is not Elton Bloody John and her legal firm is not a charity for the delusional.

JM thinks that because she had a solitary victory against a widely disliked KH, that all she has to do is issue veiled threats, and others will back off. Keep in mind that television companies and product manufacturers would not like their product to be associated with someone who is a troublemaker.

She was still with Allegra then.
A sugar mummy?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I cannot for the life of me find one image of Jack where she seems comfortable with her style. So I did a google image search and every era (there’s a lot of them) looks like she’s trying way too hard.

Anyway, this shot Is the best I’ve seen her look....then it bought up more images from the same shoot....yep she’s ruined it, back to trying hard again! She bloody loves that hat! 🤦🏼‍♀️

4E281B90-5430-4BE6-8E6F-35E9F23C86BD.jpeg
B7794D10-21B0-4844-B89A-719EB51D0E59.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
So, that going out pic.......
Why on earth show what locks you have internally on your doors??

Oh, and that hallway! So it's long enough that she has the big Smeg, a sofa, and a Cotswold cupboard along one side? Fancy!
It's a Bloody Big Hallway, almost as big as the sitting room.

omfg what is she playing at - has she actually posted a picture of her single glazed external door, with both locks in view? 😂😭 How ridiculously stupid, I honestly worry for her
She's got a presumably locked front porch; you can see the outer door in the picture.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I cannot for the life of me find one image of Jack where she seems comfortable with her style. So I did a google image search and every era (there’s a lot of them) looks like she’s trying way too hard.

Anyway, this shot Is the best I’ve seen her look....then it bought up more images from the same shoot....yep she’s ruined it, back to trying hard again! She bloody loves that hat! 🤦🏼‍♀️

View attachment 223294View attachment 223295
Like the Eddie Izzard sketch cool is a spectrum, it goes cool cool cool uh uh looking like a head

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Like the Eddie Izzard sketch cool is a spectrum, it goes cool cool cool uh uh looking like a head
My own personal gripe but I hate those hats they look ridiculous. They make me think of young American teenagers hanging out on the streets in the 80s with a boom box slung over their shoulder shouting out "my man, what's happening? " To every passerby.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

View attachment 223294View attachment 223295
A lot of JM's photos look like they are posed with the express intention of trying to attract someone. I get it that people in the public eye will try to keep up to date photos for press/pr purposes, but JM's always seem to have an ulterior motive.

Reactions: 10
I really hope her date went well and they were put off my her assemble.

Your first date outfit is so important though as it's the first real thing a person sees about you, you have maybe had a few cheeky messages or a phone call beforehand but this when they see you and make a informed decision of whether they think your worth dating!

Reactions: 4
Thread title suggestion.

Jack Monroe #64 - self-taught pianist playing a ballad. Twitter, what’s your fav Harvester salad?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Authentic.

Screenshot_20200826-012832_Fenix.jpg

Legos.

Screenshot_20200826-013132_Fenix.jpg

Screenshot_20200826-015744_Fenix.jpg

TW Assault
Screenshot_20200826-015756_Fenix.jpg

Screenshot_20200826-015821_Fenix.jpg
[/spolier]

TW Assault
Screenshot_20200826-020710_Fenix.jpg

(ChickenP's reaction was before the spoilers were added)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Authentic.

View attachment 223322

Legos.

View attachment 223323

View attachment 223333

TW Assault

TW Assault

(ChickenP's reaction was before the spoilers were added)
She’ll be targeted with luxury ads because she frequents John Lewis and other premium retailers, not because the internet thinks she really really loves her cat 😂 She needs lessons in how the internet works in 2020, we are past Wordpress blogs now sweetie x

• Haha
Reactions: 23
To be honest I don't really agree with people using crowd funding for any other reason that helping someone who's ill or died or had some sort of traumatic thing happen to them( house burning down etc) these artsy people who use it to find them selves I don't agree with, many people from years ago had to apply for proper business loans and had to graft to get themselves in a position to make money off their art. Some famous artist where not even recognised in their own time ( see the likes of van Gough. ) I might be being really old hat here but I just think it's unfair to ask well meaning most likely poor people to fund your lifestyle whilst you find yourself. My parents worked some crappy jobs in their lives because they needed money to live and feed their kids, they had nobody just going around and handing it to them.
My lovely and thoughtful husband did a go fund me page when I was manically making making face cover for carers and scrubs for NHS nurses. That was useful as it meant I just donated my time and materials were paid for.

My mum has dementia and if she doesn't ring to say she enjoyed something I have cooked for her I picture this in my mind. She mostly rings 😀

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I've made this lovely collage for Jack, I drew inspiration from her outfit tonight. It's all from the 80s.View attachment 223197
There was a puffball dress in Primark the other week. I asked my 18 yo if she liked it and she just laughed..

& Allegra is near enough my age & grew up in West London so maybe the hats from those days - BOY was ultra cool way back when we were teens.
But I’d never have worn a cap. I think they did leggings & skinny tops.
Madonna had a phase of wearing BOY. The leggings, crop top and cap.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
This is one of the most disgusting things that I have ever seen. HOW DARE SHE shade her family like this?

This music video nonsense kinda sums up the essence of JM : she’s an absolute fame seeking desperado. The needless OITNB hashtags. The Ruby Rose stand in comment (give me strength)...I’m not doubting that at some point in her life things were hard financially - for whatever reason and so she wrote her blog.
When it garnered some attention she realised that she absolutely loved the taste of ‘fame’ it brought her ...What I think she struggles with is the fact that her media moments ever since have been based on that early blog character - want a talking head on austerity/single mothers/ benefits/ feeding your child for less? Book that tattooed one with the hair...
The Katie Hopkins case helped this massively - it opened up a new (albeit temporary) opportunity as the voice of the left; the anti KH. What none of it actually did was make her a media personality - someone who was able to move on from theIr breakthrough character and turn it into a career. Bad example but Rylan was the jokey XFactor contestant of his year and now he’s absolutely everywhere and I don’t remember when I last heard him sing...
The thing is, she has actually had the chance to grow her career - DKL being the perfect example - but sadly her talents don’t quite match her ambition on the TV front. And this should be fine - there’s so much more she could do (I’m sure...) if she let go of this desire to be famous for famous sake and just found something she enjoys. But she fell into this - she didn’t have to work for it, she didn’t spend years plotting a path that would take her from blogging to begging. It just happened and the sense of expectation and entitlement that this has bestowed upon her is now the big problem.
Morning Fraus! No idea where that early morning rant came from 😂

ETA I can only apologise for my JM inspired lack of proper paragraphs...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
This is one of the most disgusting things that I have ever seen. HOW DARE SHE shade her family like this?
Sorry but where does she mention her family?

I sadly watched the whole thing, it’s pathetic put on a shakey upset humble voice and a new “poverty” anecdote of drinking a baby’s formula milk given by the food bank? It doesn’t make sense to me that you’d consume something that is probably the highest ticket price item in the shop, nor something that your baby actually requires? But hey ho.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.