Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another thought about that bag, my cath kidson one was bought to lug stuff about in, I'm pretty sure it's the same size as that one, and fraus it simply wasn't big enough for all my crap. I have a mia tui one that's much better.
I love my kipling bags but I keep looking at Mia tui. I'm not an impulsive person, it's taken months to finally buy a vax carpet cleaner and not sure how many threads ago when I asked heretoreaditall for recommendations. So might invest in one next year. Anyway in amongst my rambling, that bag sounds just like a kipling and nothing exciting.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So, after all the many and varied questions about what people do to stay healthy and care for their mental health, and leading the dialogue on her current state, shes got a gig on lifestyle, food, diet and mental health. Twitter has done a huge chunk of research for her.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The big question is though.......
How many shifts at a Harvester do you have to do before you can afford a £399 extreme hammock from John Lewis??
That's the kind of Sunday night debate I'm after!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
First of all, she’s supposedly a food person, so she should be aware of the general views about open salad bars. (Although she does have a recipe for ecoli salad bag pesto, so maybe she really doesn’t have a clue.)
Second - she has the bleeping nerve to have a go at people “scrambling into soapboxes”. When she is herself CONSTANTLY scrambling onto soapboxes. Let someone else have their turn, you thundering hypocrite.
Third - she worked at Harvester. Well OF COURSE she did.🙄

Re: Tiggy + Bo. Oh my, this is too hilarious.
“Amy frequently works alongside the great and good of showbiz and top talent including Holly Willoughby and Jamie Oliver.” But Jack doesn’t get a mention? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Presumably she is without her son as he has returned home so is now looking for validation on Twitter

Reactions: 12
My god, the amount of stuff this woman accidentally finds just by rummaging through drawers and boxes - how does she find the time in her 54 hour days to do it?? Remember how she just happened across old, definitely candid photographs of her (so old, colour photography hadn't been invented yet) at a cabaret party? What a treasure trove of wonders that crappy bungalow must be!
Can we add serial hoarder to her job list please?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lads I don’t know about you but that bloody handbag is not big enough. Looking at my kettlebell of a handbag, it has...

- wallet
- phone
- power banks and cables
- umbrella
-hairbrush
- 100ml of perfume because mama didn’t raise no fool
- little zipper bag of the essentials - pain, spare tampons, lip balm, compact mirror, nail tile, hand cream, chewing gum, plasters
- surgical masks

Also, her IF YOU ARE TIRED OF LOSING THINGS, TRY A BAG tip from the Pippa Middleton book o’hints reminded me of her her previous hint when giving up her smartphone - if you want to tell the time without your phone, wear a watch!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
‘All off the top of her head’ 🙄
She’s, literally, a Harvester savant. Praise be.
We all know she was sitting at her nice little Harvester table, feverishly scribbling all the options at the salad bar in service of her next master plan, the culmination of all her years of hard work and the one that finally secured her route into the big time. Her seminal and groundbreaking work, a twitter questionnaire.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Screenshot_20200823-194949~2.png

I despair for humanity sometimes, I really bloody do 😂

ETA: happy to report that some of this appears to be a rollicking discussion on the merits of combine harvesters!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
She's so bleeping boring!
OMG, I’m so glad she doesn’t drive, so we’re not treated to a session of “what’s your favourite A road”

(I once worked with an IT bod literally obsessed with routes and roads — made Monday morning “did you go anywhere at the weekend?” small talk excruciating ....😖 .

I feel that the Harvester Salad Bar list is in that kind of territory...)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
OMG, I’m so glad she doesn’t drive, so we’re not treated to a session of “what’s your favourite A road”

(I once worked with an IT bod literally obsessed with routes and roads — made Monday morning “did you go anywhere at the weekend?” small talk excruciating ....😖 .

It's VERY Alan Partridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Ugh my friend’s ex was like that. Couldn’t tell him where you’d been without him wanting to know what route you took and he always lectured you on the way you should have gone. He was so bloody boring and I’m so glad they broke up :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.