Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved my blackberry so much & would happily have one now if it wasn’t for Apple Home, the keyboards were 🤤

The storage on early feature phones was SO limited there’s no way she managed it as one cohesive file. Also their limited processing power would have made one large file super bleeping laggy & it would have just kept crashing? My BB used to crash when I was typing too quickly into large email threads, especially with pictures, and that was 2014/5?

I don’t even think it was viable on the early iPhones tbh, very possibly iPhone 4 onwards? The only viable way I can imagine she did it was email herself each individual recipe with photos attached....? There weren’t really text editors or notes apps in early smart phones either.

Dunno why I’m bothering to think about it, yet another lie. She probably wrote it on a laptop her parents bought her after she told them she got a book deal 😂
If you really want to do something I suppose you try and find a way, there are other options than writing a book on a Nokia though. Surprisingly I've seen people giving laptops and personal computers away for free on Freecycle.

Reactions: 14
Depends what you mean by "art," food not really, what she does on those cotwolds defo not

Reactions: 10
Sorry if this has already been done but pip is extremely hard to apply for and get. Mr ogre is blind and had to jump through many hoops, he's now getting left alone for quite a while but for someone who fears the post so much, the dwp sends out a lot of mail (which is left up to me to read as they don't make any exceptions for visually impaired). I would dread the seemingly countless requests for reviews and appointments. So it would be hard for her to prove she has these conditions if she's only ever seen a gp. We have realms of hospital reports as evidence and they demand more and face to face assessments.
Sorry for the long rant if you've got this far!
I can't believe they send letters to visually impaired claimants! That's beyond ridiculous. (well, sadly, I can believe it, but it's still preposterous.)

I hope you and Mr Ogre are well. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sorry if this has already been done but pip is extremely hard to apply for and get. Mr ogre is blind and had to jump through many hoops, he's now getting left alone for quite a while but for someone who fears the post so much, the dwp sends out a lot of mail (which is left up to me to read as they don't make any exceptions for visually impaired). I would dread the seemingly countless requests for reviews and appointments. So it would be hard for her to prove she has these conditions if she's only ever seen a gp. We have realms of hospital reports as evidence and they demand more and face to face assessments.
Sorry for the long rant if you've got this far!
Oooft, lots of sympathy over here! I get PIP as well and can confirm. It's not easy to get at all, they really make you jump through hoops and it's a very stressful process. You certainly aren't just given it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She would have written about it if she’d tried (and failed) to get PIP. If she was genuine, and not full of tit, it would make for an interesting read and could add to her activism.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The book on phone thing...this isn’t like Harry Potter where JK needed to write it somehow to get a publishing deal. She already had the publisher off the back of her blog. What was she blogging on if she didn’t have a computer? And if she truly didn’t, why wouldn’t the publisher loan her a cheap laptop to get the book written?! It makes NO sense!!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just as a warning, she‘s posting kitten photos again if anyone else wants to avoid them.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Massive explosion in Lebanon. Hundreds killed. Thousands injured. But Jack has a sad. duck off.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.