Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Ed Miliband clip --- It's the usual story she's told hundreds of times, and continues to tell to this day. There is no deviation. Same dead eyes, monotone voice. Nobody ever questions her - because the MC journalists and audience see it as a class issue, with Jack masquerading as a poor, working-class person. So she's gotten away with her lies and embellishments for nearly 10 years now.
I find it hard to believe she applied for over 300 jobs like she said to Ed and didn't get one interview to be honest. But maybe I'm wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The Ed Miliband clip --- It's the usual story she's told hundreds of times, and continues to tell to this day. There is no deviation. Same dead eyes, monotone voice. Nobody ever questions her - because the MC journalists and audience see it as a class issue, with Jack masquerading as a poor, working-class person. So she's gotten away with her lies and embellishments for nearly 10 years now.
Can’t help thinking that the look that @Lemonsweets91 is alluding to is Milligan thinking “hang on, uh, wait... but, but aren’t you...Uh... isn’t she one of us? .....”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has anyone posted this yet? Sorry if they have...

the guys excitement at her claimed feat is palpable, which makes it all the more a pity that it’s completely fabricated. And surprise surprise, she has thus far failed to remember to post a picture of the phone. (In that particular thread at least..)

and again, apologies if this has already been discussed!
I'm sorry this has made me laugh, why couldn't she go to a library FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I made it! I’m back in real time. Took me all day because she exhausted me so much with her departures and returns (let’s call it a Twitter round trip) that I needed a nap!

Hate to make this about me Fraus but I have noticed that her chaos’ happen when I’m BUSY working. So, my guess for the next one is Friday night!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Every time I hear ‘Potatoes’ this song pops into my head. Sorry in advice it will get stuck in your head.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I find it hard to believe she applied for over 300 jobs like she said to Ed and didn't get one interview to be honest. But maybe I'm wrong.
It says to me that her CV is tit and she never took any advice to improve it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Exactly. Before I got my own laptop, I used to use the library computers. I used to see people typing up doctoral theses in the public library. Every aspect of her life story has to be extreme, tragic and worse than everyone else.

Reactions: 29
She could even have put explorer on her list of careers and ventured further afield to Cockburn Street and Gurkha Cafe, their food is fabulous and tastier than a Burger from a chain
Cutting Chaii in Leith knocks Dishoom into a cocked hat. AND they do the Dal Makhani Jack turned into slop.

Reactions: 13
Iain Duncan Smith closed all Jacks local libraries, community centres, internet cafes AND stole all the brand spanking new computers out the skips of Southend. He tried to round up all the Nokias but Jack managed to hold on to one and the rest is history.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Iain Duncan Smith closed all Jacks local libraries, community centres, internet cafes AND stole all the brand spanking new computers out the skips of Southend. He tried to round up all the Nokias but Jack managed to hold on to one and the rest is history.
And then she decked him. Now duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
And then she decked him. Now duck off.
Then she kicked him in the shins, and a crowd of jobless urchins burst into spontaneous applause.

As he crawled back in defeated shame to his evil lair, Clement Attlee, Winston Churchill and George Orwell came back from the dead to award her the prize for bestest person in the world ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
why couldn't she go to a library FFS.
Maybe going to a public library would be slumming it. She said she went to the British Library once, and she prefers to hang out in niche bookshops or 'salons' with leather chairs!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Then she kicked him in the shins, and a crowd of jobless urchins burst into spontaneous applause.

As he crawled back in defeated shame to his evil lair, Clement Attlee, Winston Churchill and George Orwell came back from the dead to award her the prize for bestest person in the world ever.
Lmfao that’s got me bleeping hooting up a lung

Maybe going to a public library would be slumming it. She said she went to the British Library once, and she prefers to hang out in niche bookshops or 'salons' with leather chairs!
Snobby middle class bint

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Every time I hear ‘Potatoes’ this song pops into my head. Sorry in advice it will get stuck in your head.
I just watched all of that and I feel it's a minute of my life well spent. I particularly enjoyed the potato that floats past with the bikini carved into it 🥔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
She had a set of trial shifts in a pub March 2012. If you look at the wayback machine of her blog it talks of jt. I imagine she needed specific hours etc for childcare which made it so difficult in her mind.

Reactions: 8
Anyone else notice this little nugget? On the self harm bandwagon now 😴

She's riddled with scars!

ETA: sorry to just put it out there ☹ This poor woman on Instagram has revealed something really serious and I just feel that Jack is pretending to have also self harmed...
I honestly feel that if she has SH's in the past, it wasnt recent. And was done...carefully. If that makes any sense... I don'twant to get too triggery about implements etc. I'm about her age (triangulation!) And my scars must now be about 15 years old, and have luckily faded to almost invisible. I was not a SHer to the extent I know some people unfortunately are. I doubt JM was either, but it suits her MO to be *severe* and left with lifelong reminders.
Bullshit if there was scarring under her tattoos they would be slightly raised and the scarring would faintly be visible.
Mine aren't raised or indented. I'm what's called a "delicate cutter". You can see them because some of them are white lines over my forearms and others are different skin pigmentation. I really don'tknow how tattoos would look over them.

I do have a raised smallpox vaccination scar on my right upper arm. The tattooist incorporated it into a tattoo by shading around it so as to make it look like an inset red jewel in a Celtic knot band.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.