Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know the Zoella calendar thing was a duck up but why did that woman feel she had to stick her nose in?

She’s like a few women I know, got to get involved with any drama and involve themselves even though it's duck all to do with them .
She loves to jump on people who are already getting stick or people who are easy targets because they already split opinion eg. Jamie, DW. She loves a bandwagon to jump on. If someone is unpopular in the media at the time, you can be sure JM has something to say about it. Doesn’t work the other way round though. Everyone has to be kind to Jack. Perfect example of someone who gives it but can’t take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She loves to jump on people who are already getting stick or people who are easy targets because they already split opinion eg. Jamie, DW. She loves a bandwagon to jump on. If someone is unpopular in the media at the time, you can be sure JM has something to say about it. Doesn’t work the other way round though. Everyone has to be kind to Jack. Perfect example of someone who gives it but can’t take it.
Exactly. Also, there was most likely only elements of truth in the claims about herself that she was so desperate for people to read.

Reactions: 6
Sorry, I'm posting another link from the New York Times which I think is interesting. I've got a SEVERE ;) case of a bulging disc.Some would say I'm on a chemical rollercoaster with the meds I'm on🤣 and it's giving me a chance to have a read up as I can't do very m much else.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/...-has-become-britains-austerity-celebrity.html
She’s been the same since the beginning. Also, note, she tries to save the same amount. This is a few years ago. But I think she still does the same. She probably has savings while rinsing her supporters for money.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Only from famous people. Not the folks who give her money or loyally defend her every day. It's awful.
I keep seeing poor little fans in Edinburgh begging her to come back/offering her places to stay because they think she cares about it. I even saw one tell her she was the "talk of the town" at her last visit. LOL, what?! Oh yes because she spent her time shouting out small businesses and taking in all the local sights sounds and smells. Did she feck! She left a Nutribullet at her arse fancy hotel reception because she didn't wanna haul it home and that was the height of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I think she's never quite fitted in with the cooking lark. She tries what she thinks are interesting, money saving recipies but cannot quite pull them off. She sees the likes of nigella, Heston and J,O writing books, getting shows, just being relevent.

She only has her poverty story that is years old. She hasn't really done anything or experienced anything anything similar since then.

She could do weekly meals plans on how to survive on a fiver a week, how to cleverly buy foods when you have money, so that during the last week of the month you have stuff you can throw together either from leftovers or storage cupboard staples.

She just writes the same old tired blogs about how she had no fridge or lightbulbs for a little while. Even that can be a tool she could use, she could explain to people how she kept milk cold or other perishables whilst her fridge was out of action,( that's if she knows and you can do it my neighbour explained to me as she didn't have a proper fridge as a kid.

There's only so long she can flog the same dead horse.

Reactions: 32
She’s like a few women I know, got to get involved with any drama and involve themselves even though it's duck all to do with them .
I know exactly the type you mean. My favourite thing is to say to them "you are not involved in this" and they just about go up in spontaneous combustion. According to them, everything concerns them, no matter how tenuous their link (if any) to the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think she's never quite fitted in with the cooking lark. She tries what she thinks are interesting, money saving recipies but cannot quite pull them off. She sees the likes of nigella, Heston and J,O writing books, getting shows, just being relevent.

She only has her poverty story that is years old. She hasn't really done anything or experienced anything anything similar since then.

She could do weekly meals plans on how to survive on a fiver a week, how to cleverly buy foods when you have money, so that during the last week of the month you have stuff you can throw together either from leftovers or storage cupboard staples.

She just writes the same old tired blogs about how she had no fridge or lightbulbs for a little while. Even that can be a tool she could use, she could explain to people how she kept milk cold or other perishables whilst her fridge was out of action,( that's if she knows and you can do it my neighbour explained to me as she didn't have a proper fridge as a kid.

There's only so long she can flog the same dead horse.
Perhaps she fully expected to be properly rich by now? So didn’t really foresee any need to add more strings to her bow. Could explain why she has resorted to shouting the same story louder and louder, and with evermore extreme and debilitating challenges, just in the desperate hope that she still might be relevant.

Reactions: 26
Afternoon frauen, it's been one of "those days". If I was Mack Jonroe (I'm not, too fat) then I may have been tempted to lie, howling, shrieking and wracked with hideous emotional pain, much worse than anything ever experienced by anyone else at any time.

What I mean is, my broadband provider arsed up the installation of my new hub and I'm somewhat annoyed. So, not really a big deal.

@TheDragonWithAFlagon sending you very best wishes, that sounds like a tough day.

@Alansbigplate slight amendment to your excellent suggestion for a thread title "A crappy bungalow of ones own"

As for the "chemical rollercoaster" tosh, totally irresponsible as per. The idea behind these types of medication is to level you out so you can start functioning again, not to give you crashing highs and lows.

This is exactly what she does. I wonder who the next target will be?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Perhaps she fully expected to be properly rich by now? So didn’t really foresee any need to add more strings to her bow. Could explain why she has resorted to shouting the same story louder and louder, and with evermore extreme and debilitating challenges, just in the desperate hope that she still might be relevant.
Social media has been her blessing and her curse. As she has said again recently, she just keeps talking and the more she says the more she finds more people who are going through the same thing or agree with her (and praise her). She's addicted to the attention and the validation. It's gotten very messy, she can't keep up. She can't keep track of what she's said before so the contradictions just keep coming. She's trying to grow more fingers for more pies while the ones she already had have gone rancid

Reactions: 17
I keep seeing poor little fans in Edinburgh begging her to come back/offering her places to stay because they think she cares about it. I even saw one tell her she was the "talk of the town" at her last visit. LOL, what?! Oh yes because she spent her time shouting out small businesses and taking in all the local sights sounds and smells. Did she feck! She left a Nutribullet at her arse fancy hotel reception because she didn't wanna haul it home and that was the height of it.
There are quite a few of us on here who live in Edinburgh and, I can assure you, we don't want to see her back. If it hadn't been for Tattle Life, we wouldn't have known she was here. From the places she chose to go to, it is patently obvious that she doesn't know Edinburgh very well. The eating places in St Andrew Square are chains. To get to them from her aparthotel, she walked straight past Contini restaurant which is an independent. The side streets near where she stayed have independent restaurants. She wouldn't know decent food if it were shovelled down her throat. Also, why take the overnight sleeper as it is very expensive and the airlines were back operating from London to Edinburgh and are pretty cheap. People on company expenses take the overnight sleeper. She basically travelled four hundred miles to sit in a hotel.

What was also sickening was when she put the Nutribullet up for grabs, and all these small charities are begging it for it - 'can you give it to us, please'. It must have made her feel like Eva Peron standing on a balcony addressing the little people. Also, you don't get clusters of four or five homeless guys hanging around near George Street who then become the lucky beneficiaries of some of Jack's sloppy seconds.

She is a fantasist who is trying to get a media career by climbing on the poverty bandwagon. Anything other than get herself a conventional job.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Wait so if you sign up to patron you get a discount on her shop, that currently has 6 postcards in stock and 1 book.

I will admit, when i bought the kickstarter book (towards the end may i add!) that i also bought some postcards. I remember having the garlic one so that is what years old?? and the beans one i think was free. Why are they still being peddled?

I would love to hear what the patreons have been getting all this time.....
...an enormous sense of well-being?

As opposed to the “good feels” that new ones get.

Priceless.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
She's just so disingenuous. I went through a very dark time back in 2009 -- partner with severe MH issues, our child had a birth defect that needed a NICU stay and monthly surgeries for over a year (they're fine now!) and we were on benefits. We didn't rinse beans, couldn't afford to waste the sauce. Occasionally drained part of the sauce to eat over rice another day. We didn't have a fridge for a while (no friends handing out smegs round these parts) and I spent a lot of time on the phone to our housing association because our housing benefit was delayed and we were getting eviction notices.

And it was tit. And we learned a lot. But.. Time has passed. We're not Mack J levels of "better" (no crappy bungalow or designer frocks for us! No vitamix to give away, either -- my 9 year old £8 stick blender gets the job done) but my partner is stable and working. We pay the rent on our social housing tower block flat in full, on time. We have a fridge and a washing machine and the electricity to run both. Our child has thrived in ways we never thought they'd be able to. We are so, so lucky.

Things need to improve for people who aren't so lucky. But I'm not going to pretend my family still fits into that category. It's insulting to people who genuinely do need more help and support.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
There are quite a few of us on here who live in Edinburgh and, I can assure you, we don't want to see her back. If it hadn't been for Tattle Life, we wouldn't have known she was here. From the places she chose to go to, it is patently obvious that she doesn't know Edinburgh very well. The eating places in St Andrew Square are chains. To get to them from her aparthotel, she walked straight past Contini restaurant which is an independent. The side streets near where she stayed have independent restaurants. She wouldn't know decent food if it were shovelled down her throat. Also, why take the overnight sleeper as it is very expensive and the airlines were back operating from London to Edinburgh and are pretty cheap. People on company expenses take the overnight sleeper. She basically travelled four hundred miles to sit in a hotel.

What was also sickening was when she put the Nutribullet up for grabs, and all these small charities are begging it for it - 'can you give it to us, please'. It must have made her feel like Eva Peron standing on a balcony addressing the little people. Also, you don't get clusters of four or five homeless guys hanging around near George Street who then become the lucky beneficiaries of some of Jack's sloppy seconds.

She is a fantasist who is trying to get a media career by climbing on the poverty bandwagon. Anything other than get herself a conventional job.
She walked past Iris/Dusit/The Bon Viv etc to go and eat in Dishoom? Muppet.

I supposed she couldn’t go to Chez Jules and have a whopping cheap steak because she’s a veeeeeeegaaaaannnn.

Reactions: 19
Does anybody think that Tattle might have an impact on Jack's future career? It's becoming more known, and it's read by media types - so perhaps people will think twice before hiring Jack when they realise what she really is?

I know at United Agents she's got Rosemary Scoular and her assistant Natalia, and there's also Carole Tonkinson from Bluebird, but if the books sell less and less and Jack becomes more erratic, and her TV work is so bad, surely her career will just dry up.
I think the TV side of things must be stone dead, after she showed herself up so badly on DKL. She’s had more than enough chances.
As regards the blogging and books, she needs to decide what she wants to focus on, rather than changing her mind every 5 minutes - and she needs to move on, show she’s developed. She’s looking very old hat, as the world’s moved on since she first did her blog, and she doesn’t seem to have noticed. Many other people are doing more for those in poverty than she is, and by that I mean real practical things that can be measured and quantified - not Jack’s vague unprovable statements. Most of all, she needs to stop centreing herself in every damn thing. (The BLM was a prime example). It makes her look incredibly self-centred and tone deaf.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The thing is if R Jackie had half an ounce of common sense she would have learnt to cook. She must have seen she was on to a good thing when she burst onto the Guardinista scene. You don’t need money to learn - yes, it’s nice to go to a cooking school but it’s not necessary. All she had to do was buy some really good recipe books and put them into practice; watch some cookery programmes and you tube videos.
She’s wasted such an amazing opportunity. She still can’t cook and churns out her poverty story from years ago.
She’s dicked about on twitter and thought if she had the right contacts it would be enough but you either need to be highly skilled (she isnt) or insanely charismatic (she’s wooden) to
land a big tv gig. It’s over but she doesn’t realise.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The thing is if R Jackie had half an ounce of common sense she would have learnt to cook. She must have seen she was on to a good thing when she burst onto the Guardinista scene. You don’t need money to learn - yes, it’s nice to go to a cooking school but it’s not necessary. All she had to do was buy some really good recipe books and put them into practice; watch some cookery programmes and you tube videos.
She’s wasted such an amazing opportunity. She still can’t cook and churns out her poverty story from years ago.
She’s dicked about on twitter and thought if she had the right contacts it would be enough but you either need to be highly skilled (she isnt) or insanely charismatic (she’s wooden) to
land a big tv gig. It’s over but she doesn’t realise.
If she’d had the slightest clue, she would have paid for some media training to help her with TV appearances, there are loads of providers out there.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.