Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps she fully expected to be properly rich by now? So didn’t really foresee any need to add more strings to her bow. Could explain why she has resorted to shouting the same story louder and louder, and with evermore extreme and debilitating challenges, just in the desperate hope that she still might be relevant.
In all the celeb biographies I have read there one thing that always stuck out fame waits for no one, one day you could riding higher then anyone else and the next your picking yourself out if the dirt. In order to keep up you have stay relevant.

In my opinion she hasn't put enough work in even know she claims to be working 20 hour days, 7 days a week. She doesn't seem to research the area in which her work lies too see what people are faced with at the current time( I often challenge myself with things like going into marks and making up a meal with a minimal set budget and feeling pretty good when I succeed) as mentioned before she could be looking up benefits and give people advice on what they could be eligible for? Petition the government ( since she got bezzie mates there. Looking at the rees-mogg siblings)to bring back some food voucher schemes that used to do the rounds.

I honestly love to know what she does in her work day, as me as someone who doesn't follow her sm or blog only has seen what's in here and the dkl shambles.

Reactions: 25
I think in the archive, there is mention of media training
apparently I don’t have permission to search, but maybe somebody who does can. I am sure it was mentioned fairly recently

Reactions: 9
She's just so disingenuous. I went through a very dark time back in 2009 -- partner with severe MH issues, our child had a birth defect that needed a NICU stay and monthly surgeries for over a year (they're fine now!) and we were on benefits. We didn't rinse beans, couldn't afford to waste the sauce. Occasionally drained part of the sauce to eat over rice another day. We didn't have a fridge for a while (no friends handing out smegs round these parts) and I spent a lot of time on the phone to our housing association because our housing benefit was delayed and we were getting eviction notices.

And it was tit. And we learned a lot. But.. Time has passed. We're not Mack J levels of "better" (no crappy bungalow or designer frocks for us! No vitamix to give away, either -- my 9 year old £8 stick blender gets the job done) but my partner is stable and working. We pay the rent on our social housing tower block flat in full, on time. We have a fridge and a washing machine and the electricity to run both. Our child has thrived in ways we never thought they'd be able to. We are so, so lucky.

Things need to improve for people who aren't so lucky. But I'm not going to pretend my family still fits into that category. It's insulting to people who genuinely do need more help and support.
So pleased that things are better for you these days. Well done to you both for your effort and honesty. Like you, I have a stick blender, and I get on fine with it for all sorts of things. I actually had to look up what a Nutribullet is - all about marketing. A small blender in other words.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wait so if you sign up to patron you get a discount on her shop, that currently has 6 postcards in stock and 1 book.

I will admit, when i bought the kickstarter book (towards the end may i add!) that i also bought some postcards. I remember having the garlic one so that is what years old?? and the beans one i think was free. Why are they still being peddled?

I would love to hear what the patreons have been getting all this time.....
And a “discount” is only actually worth anything if you buy YET MORE STUFF! So she’s trying to squeeze more out of them.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Even here (1) it was already old news - JackMaate’s (YouTuber) video on the calendar had already gone viral; and (2) Jack makes it ALL ABOUT HER. 🙄
She see's the mistakes of others as a way of promoting herself and highlighting what she does differently that's so amazing. Nobody likes a smart arse and yet she still gets these outlets giving her airtime to share her opinion on something that has absolutely nothng to do with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
If she’d had the slightest clue, she would have paid for some media training to help her with TV appearances, there are loads of providers out there.
Judging by this current meltdown, it seems to be slowly dawning on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
apparently I don’t have permission to search, but maybe somebody who does can. I am sure it was mentioned fairly recently
Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m fairly certain she crowdfunded for this too!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
How is it that she's liked these but they aren't showing any likes on the posts?
FD1FB7BE-C57D-4329-96A0-9F616ED36F89.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Yes, she's paid money out and has had media training, Although if it was me, I'd ask for my money back

Judging by this current meltdown, it seems to be slowly dawning on her.
She's had media training

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Found this post from may, maybe someone one can elaborate?

Dont know how to link across threads but following on from @noseyparkours comment, how long can she continue to still ride on the excuse of being a newbie? Is it a class based issue?

That poor person on insta said they expected more from a cooking show and recieved a pile on based on the theme that 'Jack is new at this'

Shes been on This Morning
She's been on DKL for 2 weeks
She's had presenter training
She's done adverts for Sainsburys and Samsung
She's been on Question Time
She's on book 7 (?)
She's had 10 years!

Is she being excused by her lovey MC fans because she's been poor and therefore it's okay that she's tit? Is she the recipient of some kind of positive discrimination?

Reactions: 40

Dont know how to link across threads but following on from @noseyparkours comment, how long can she continue to still ride on the excuse of being a newbie? Is it a class based issue?

That poor person on insta said they expected more from a cooking show and recieved a pile on based on the theme that 'Jack is new at this'

She's on book 7 (?)
She's had 10 years!

Is she being excused by her lovey MC fans because she's been poor and therefore it's okay that she's tit? Is she the recipient of some kind of positive discrimination?
I think it's because she's the acceptable face of poverty. Middle class, fell on (brief) hard times, reasonably photogenic.

Also, they are absolutely clueless about the reality of what being poor means having never experienced it. They can support her and feel good about it because they are doing something nice for the poors.

Of course, there are also folk who identify with her get drawn in because of that.

Reactions: 23
In all the celeb biographies I have read there one thing that always stuck out fame waits for no one, one day you could riding higher then anyone else and the next your picking yourself out if the dirt. In order to keep up you have stay relevant.

In my opinion she hasn't put enough work in even know she claims to be working 20 hour days, 7 days a week. She doesn't seem to research the area in which her work lies too see what people are faced with at the current time( I often challenge myself with things like going into marks and making up a meal with a minimal set budget and feeling pretty good when I succeed) as mentioned before she could be looking up benefits and give people advice on what they could be eligible for? Petition the government ( since she got bezzie mates there. Looking at the rees-mogg siblings)to bring back some food voucher schemes that used to do the rounds.

I honestly love to know what she does in her work day, as me as someone who doesn't follow her sm or blog only has seen what's in here and the dkl shambles.
The thing is, you only have to stay relevant if you are interested in fame. I'm sure JO would be cooking and campaigning even if no one knew him. If he had never been discovered for TV, he'd probably be running his own restaurant by now and perhaps do some teaching and be support campaigns close to his heart. It's clear Jackie is mainly interested in fame and therein lies the problem. She could do lots of stuff without being in the public eye, but I guess our Schroedinger's Jackie's deeds do not exist if they are not in Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Yes, she's paid money out and has had media training, Although if it was me, I'd ask for my money back

She's had media training
So, she's just utterly talentless then? Given that the media seize on anyone with an interesting story who can hold it together on telly - and you see the same talking heads again and again, it figures.

Reactions: 11
Maybe she was worse pre-training. I shudder to think how bad. She must have been a nightmare to train (‘no the audience will love my maverick self-deprecation’).

1596561242657.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My own belief is that she has been taking her prescribed medication incorrectly, maybe even abusing it. Remember the boxes filled to the bruin with pills?

We know it's a private prescription for the ADHD and I'm wondering if she has the right diagnosis/medication. If not it could be wreaking havoc

I definitely think there is something odd going on right now re her claim to have certain conditions.

Reactions: 14
She’s got nothing to fall back on

people like JO can still cook. If he lost his fame and fortune he would still be able to earn money another way. What can Jack do? Start pile ons on twitter? It’s all a bit pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

She's on book 7 (?)
She's had 10 years!

More they can't believe somebody could be that bad at it without being completely new to the whole thing.

Reactions: 10
She walked past Iris/Dusit/The Bon Viv etc to go and eat in Dishoom? Muppet.

I supposed she couldn’t go to Chez Jules and have a whopping cheap steak because she’s a veeeeeeegaaaaannnn.
She could even have put explorer on her list of careers and ventured further afield to Cockburn Street and Gurkha Cafe, their food is fabulous and tastier than a Burger from a chain

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.