Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just put “food photography” into Pinterest and there are so many incredible photos.
Jacks photos are all very flat, there’s very little depth and interest. You can see is very much a case of chuck it all on the surface and that will do. The edit is also quite dull or overly worked on, a bit amateur and dated like you said above. They’re not the kind of photos I would personally want to hang in my home.
All of this, it all looks like 2013 Instagram tbh with you. I can’t imagine having a house dark and dreary enough that it’d fit in. In fact the only dreary house it would work in was her horrid kitchen with the rusty knives pointed the dangerous way on the wall & the utensils hanging off some metal contraption with her shoes right next to them, all looking like some god awful Victorian butchers ☹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes! that's the one. There's no real skill in using a Prisma filter ffs.
If you're sleeping 22 hours a day, and washing beans for the other hour and 55 minutes... it's about all she will have time for. MEOW.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I apologise for offending you, I should have chosen my words more carefully. What I meant by her getting a grip of her condition is more in relation to knowing her limitations and not taking on too much/consistently letting people down.

I don't think ADHD is an embarrassing condition, I think it's the way she uses it as a way of excusing most things that she does wrong. I find it exhausting keeping on top of it myself, but it's not my ADHD that lets people down, it's me! I have to take responsibility for that and find ways to minimise the effect on other people. It's her just brushing it away with excuses that is so infuriating.
I have no idea about ADHD- Despite this I am sure there are different sort of levels. I admire you for coping. Some people can't cope. Sorry for butting in with zero knowledge or experience.

Reactions: 9
I decided to flick though her books I own before putting them In a charity bag (is this acceptable or should I just recycle them?) I never realised how gross most of the recipes are. Peanut butter, chickpeas 6(?!?) cloves of garlic and frozen spinach 🤢 the recipes have turned my stomach.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Is it just me or has the number of new members absolutely snowballed in the past couple of weeks?! I BLOODY LOVE IT

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Family members?! Jack’s family members have been here?!

Obviously we know Louisa had been on/seen Tattle because Jack told us that herself. But family members?
I hope not. If family members are on here they should be wary of bringing their personal dynamics into their posts. This thread is for commenting on what Jack puts out into the public eye

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I decided to flick though her books I own before putting them In a charity bag (is this acceptable or should I just recycle them?) I never realised how gross most of the recipes are. Peanut butter, chickpeas 6(?!?) cloves of garlic and frozen spinach 🤢 the recipes have turned my stomach.
I just put mine in the recycling bin. Seemed better than inflicting them on a charity shop (remember the 50 shades debacle?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Is it just me or has the number of new members absolutely snowballed in the past couple of weeks?! I BLOODY LOVE IT
I'm a new member and knew of a few people who were conned with the kickstarter project, then seeing her yo yo personality on twitter and suspect kitten illness financing made me google JM fraud and I found you all....and AM so pleased I did! Her patreon begging bowl is beyond belief, I can fully understand her ex running for the hills. I wonder how quickly JM will find a new partner and become dependent on them.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Jack is the definition of ‘Jack of all trades master of none’. True writers, artists, cooks, actors, presenters etc really take their time to master their work and are improving all the time. They usually start off with just one of these things and discover they have abilities elsewhere that they can use to shape their career. Jackie unfortunately seems to think she can just do them because she’s special.
Funnily enough, according to the Xanthe Clay article about her, that is precisely the reason she changed her name to Jack.

ETA receipt
4F1784F6-FDB3-4645-A8F1-2AFA6A7B2F9E.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
😂 I would pay to see her present the crappy bungalow with an explanation of what makes it crappy .

She could present the Smeg, the stairs, the big bed , the dressers and the art plus the Viv(RIP)

Damn, it isn’t the right Giph but you get the jist!
Exactly. I can't see what it is about the property that makes it crappy. Many people during the lockdown would have been delighted to have had a garden for their kids.

Reactions: 12
Does anybody think that Tattle might have an impact on Jack's future career? It's becoming more known, and it's read by media types - so perhaps people will think twice before hiring Jack when they realise what she really is?

I know at United Agents she's got Rosemary Scoular and her assistant Natalia, and there's also Carole Tonkinson from Bluebird, but if the books sell less and less and Jack becomes more erratic, and her TV work is so bad, surely her career will just dry up.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
One thread down, 1.5 to go (gosh she talks a lotta shite doesn’t she 🙄

I had to jump time for the second time to mention her memoir. Seriously? Don’t we just call books full of made up stories fables? What’s it gonna be called Billie Bullshitter and the Cabal of Fraus who called her out?

Jack Monroe and the lies she tells.
Jack Monroe and the bollocks she talks.
You get my point I’m sure.

Also, don’t you have to have done some stuff that’s interesting to write a memoir? And I mean actual stuff not tit you made up for the t’internet to beg for money

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I wonder if its just lip service, Maybe she saw what happened with JO and wants to avoid the same. She's already stuck in J's web though,
I remember reading in an article a while back that Nigella used to send Jack little presents quite regularly. I expect in her Allegra days, Jack moved in some of the same circles. Nigella does seem lovely, if a bit naive, and I do think she tends to humour and indulge Jack. I also recall that Nigella made a comment just after Jack landed the DKL gig that suggested she may have made one or two phone calls to people she knew in TV. I also think it’s pretty obvious to everyone concerned that Jack is extremely volatile and can be vicious when she wants to be (the complete opposite of how Nigella comes across), and no one wants to be on the receiving end of that. But it seems an odd sort of friendship they have.

Spinning in his grave.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I remember reading in an article a while back that Nigella used to send Jack little presents quite regularly
Well that certainly explains Monroe’s regular high praise of and apparent high regard for Lawson, material gain in the form of gifts. It would be funny if not so tragic..

Reactions: 16
I get that, but its all so public that shes declaring herself "fucked", so it would be easy to report any safeguarding issues? Even then, if proven there were none, the fact she still deceives people like that means shes.. not ok? She is a big old manipulator regardless!
I suspect lying on SM wouldn’t look that bad to a casual viewer ? Also it will all be deleted before anyone got to look at it ?

Reactions: 7
I remember reading in an article a while back that Nigella used to send Jack little presents quite regularly. I expect in her Allegra days, Jack moved in some of the same circles. Nigella does seem lovely, if a bit naive, and I do think she tends to humour and indulge Jack. I also recall that Nigella made a comment just after Jack landed the DKL gig that suggested she may have made one or two phone calls to people she knew in TV. I also think it’s pretty obvious to everyone concerned that Jack is extremely volatile and can be vicious when she wants to be (the complete opposite of how Nigella comes across), and no one wants to be on the receiving end of that. But it seems an odd sort of friendship they have.

Spinning in his grave.
Maybe Nigella is trying to look after her/save her in a mothering like way. That's the impression I get when she tweets her. It's like she knows Jack has multiple issues and is clearly 100% in love with her, so because she's a lovely person Nigella feels a bit responsible for her.

Jack plays up to it because she gets the high every time Nigella tweets something to her, so the more broken she appears the more Nigella will respond.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Does anybody think that Tattle might have an impact on Jack's future career? It's becoming more known, and it's read by media types - so perhaps people will think twice before hiring Jack when they realise what she really is?

I know at United Agents she's got Rosemary Scoular and her assistant Natalia, and there's also Carole Tonkinson from Bluebird, but if the books sell less and less and Jack becomes more erratic, and her TV work is so bad, surely her career will just dry up.
It would be disappointing if the MSM didn’t, at some point, follow up on some of the themes discussed here and least seek some sort of response from Monroe. That’d be cool. As for impact, imagining that there will one day be a reckoning in the press, it will likely come down to how she plays it - some media types are so savvy that they can turn bad press into career success.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.