Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have reached the current live thread! Only 35 pages to go! *stretches* Already got a few notes of things I want to say, I expect more will be added...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I have reached the current live thread! Only 35 pages to go! *stretches* Already got a few notes of things I want to say, I expect more will be added...

That gif reminds me of the super (Mr Treeger) in Friends, mainly the episode where Joey teaches him to dance 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Wasn't it sung by Lynne Anderson? It was written in 1968, Patsy died in 63. I'm not sure it's a song Patsy would have sung anyway.
Could she have written it from beyond the grave, in much the same way Viv Westwood (god bless 'er) has carried on working?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Wasn't it sung by Lynne Anderson? It was written in 1968, Patsy died in 63. I'm not sure it's a song Patsy would have sung anyway.
No, no, no, no! You've got it all wrong! Jock didn't mean THAT SONG about a rose garden.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Could she have written it from beyond the grave, in much the same way Viv Westwood (god bless 'er) has carried on working?
I was trying to think of a way of shoehorning Viv, God rest her, into the post...you did it far better than anything I came up with 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Your right!! I googled( sorry I didn't ask other people to do it for me) it was Lynne Anderson.

Reactions: 12
Time traveller from page 18 so sorry if this has been said. I notice the number of times she was interviewed from 2012 onwards has been decreasing as people are less defined by their gender, as austerity was no longer the darling subject of left leaning press and as people generally found her situation less interesting. She reminds me of a child star who’s grown up to be rather ordinary actually and is addicted to the attention and frankly easy money that came with it and is desperately trying to find that unique factor to turn the spotlight back onto herself. I mean there was very little that seemed off limits in those interviews. She must have loved all that talking about herself.

Reactions: 39
There was someone on twitter who made and were very proud of a dish of pink (beetroot) spaghetti, claiming it was one of hers. It looked absolutely foul. No idea what the recipe was called but to this day it has put me off any of her food. A big bowl of overcooked pink mushy slop.. 😁 Wish I had a pic of it as it would definitely be a contender for her worst recipe.
This beetroot pasta dish is supposed to be based on one of Jack’s recipes. Just look at it. 🤢 It looks like someone has literally laughed up a lung. 🤢🤢

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Your right!! I googled( sorry I didn't ask other people to do it for me) it was Lynne Anderson.
My dad loved her....think it was the mass of blond hair (extensions) that did it.
He eventually moved on to Suzie Quatro, then Jeniffer Rush, or at least in his head he did.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm always surprised that nobody from JM's past has never appeared. You know, the whole... I went to school with JM etc, she seems to be forever spouting pish and surely someone would want to challenge it after a while.
Maybe it's easier just to stay quiet with someone like her. I'm not sure I would want to be associated with her

Reactions: 13
Time traveller from page 18 so sorry if this has been said. I notice the number of times she was interviewed from 2012 onwards has been decreasing as people are less defined by their gender, as austerity was no longer the darling subject of left leaning press and as people generally found her situation less interesting. She reminds me of a child star who’s grown up to be rather ordinary actually and is addicted to the attention and frankly easy money that came with it and is desperately trying to find that unique factor to turn the spotlight back onto herself. I mean there was very little that seemed off limits in those interviews. She must have loved all that talking about herself.
Good point. I came across this article below and a lot of what she discusses in it re: gender is all very pedestrian these days. Did she actually start a transition or what?

And did she have a breast reduction? Because in this article she says she had 38E I mean that's a big chest size for someone of her build. 38E is pretty big... I don't look at her and think "woah there, knockers ahoy!"

I also want to know if anyone could see the supposed shrimp vomit in her hair at the talk she gave... Or if its another case of Walter Mitty...?

Reactions: 8
She reminds me of a child star who’s grown up to be rather ordinary actually and is addicted to the attention and frankly easy money that came with it and is desperately trying to find that unique factor to turn the spotlight back onto herself.
Whatever happened to baby Jack?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Good point. I came across this article below and a lot of what she discusses in it re: gender is all very pedestrian these days. Did she actually start a transition or what?
“I want to be treated as a person, not as a woman or man.“

FFS, the implication being the “normies” just love being objectified and paid less.

As for her transition, she took testosterone for a short while (another private prescription) but soon got bored and launched herself headfirst back into femininity and make up.

Reactions: 18
Her account appears to have been deleted 😯

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 16.42.09.png

Update: It's back! Panic over. It was definitely deactived/deleted for a good few mins there though. Weird.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Account is still active to me but there are no 'liked' tweets anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Refresh, it's still there for me
Yep, it's back now. I refreshed heaps to make sure, and tried loading on both my phone and computer — wouldn't show on either. Was deactived for a few mins for sure. Also, when I searched Twitter for Jack Monroe, the top account in her absence was some fella called John Monroe 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.