Jack Monroe #58 Schrödinger’s Jack: simultaneously working and sleeping all hours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
#59 Return of the Jack: oysters in her mac

An update whilst it's all quiet on the social media front 👀

Before SB:-
Bar worker
Body Shop rep.
Busker
Call Handler - Essex Fire & Rescue Service
Chip shop worker
Craft business owner
Pharmacy assistant
Sex worker
Starbucks (barista?)
Sunday school teacher
Supermarket worker

Post SB:-
Accountant
Author
Book reviewer
Chef
Creative director
Diarist
Food blogger
Food consultant
Food stylist
Journalist
Media manager
Patron of 9 charities
Photographer
Poet
Political activist
Publicist
Radio show personality
Recipe developer
Reporter
Sales manager
Singer
TV presenter

.....and mum
Ah you’ve forgotten Ruby Rose’s body double!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
An update whilst it's all quiet on the social media front 👀

Before SB:-
Bar worker
Body Shop rep.
Busker
Call Handler - Essex Fire & Rescue Service
Chip shop worker
Craft business owner
Pharmacy assistant
Sex worker
Starbucks (barista?)
Sunday school teacher
Supermarket worker

Post SB:-
Accountant
Author
Book reviewer
Chef
Creative director
Diarist
Food blogger
Food consultant
Food stylist
Journalist
Media manager
Patron of 9 charities
Photographer
Poet
Political activist
Publicist
Radio show personality
Recipe developer
Reporter
Sales manager
Singer
TV presenter

.....and mum
Regarding the political activist... I was just reading about why she lost her gig with Sainsburys. I actually don't remember reading about it at the time but Holy Horse Spunk Macaroni! You think if you'd dropped such a stink bomb on twitter, which had damaged your reputation and career so much you'd learn something from it... And maybe just DELETE your twitter account wouldn't you 😲😲😲

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Does this quiet mean she's actually asleep?

Comedown's a witch (used to be the Sunday teatime 'Nobody loves me and I'm going to DIE ALONE' terror), but when you actually manage to go to sleep, nothing will wake you because you are so exhausted. Sixteen to eighteen hours wouldn't fix it all, but it certainly helped.
Don't wake the kraken and please don't say her name 3 times she's like Freddy she'll haunt your dreams.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can well imagine she applied for jobs but later specified that she couldn’t work daytimes or nights or Mon-Fri, because she had a toddler. In fact I’m sure she has said her main barriers to work was childcare, but maybe I’m misremembering.

I’ve never heard her mention sending her son to nursery or preschool when he was younger. As a recipient of certain benefits she would surely have qualified for free childcare from the age of two?

The 2-year-old funding was introduced 01/09/2013 so, as I believe SB is 10, he will have been too old for her to obtain this, but she will have been able to send him as a 3-year-old and get 15 hrs free.

So she could have sent him to pre-school, worked those hrs, and maybe still be entitled to any benefits she was claiming Sorted.

Reactions: 5
You’re here! ❤
Yay! I finally have time to eat a sandwich and go for a piss.

But also, having spent nearly three days catching up on all the threads I'd missed on here, I've come to the conclusion that Jackie must arrange these social media breaks to give her ample Grunking time. It's surely the only way she can tweet that much and stay on top of her Tattle-printing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Maybe she deleted them after it was pointed out up-thread that it's a bit of a stretch to have loved Patsy Cline "for decades" at the ripe old age of 32
It’s what Patsy would have wanted (at least she’s actually passed, RIP)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The original tweet is protected but Imagine believing this to be true.View attachment 202342
And as if Jack is the gatekeeper for budget recipes anyway. It’s been done many many times before she came on the scene (and has been done better), including by Delia Smith and even Allegra!
There are also lots of newer people with books out on budget and tin can cookery (Miguel for one), and they all look considerably more appetising than Jack’s grim and grotty little books.

Reactions: 14
Wonder if the latest paypal scthick was for printer ink. It must be getting super costly. Also I know it was a while now but do you think she complained to the bosses about the gifs because they used up so much ink😅

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She probably has Google alerts set up for all sorts of things that she thinks she's associated with, e.g.
  • Jack Monroe
  • Pearly Queen of Poverty, innit
  • Best rescuer of kittens, ever
  • Future Mayor of Edinburgh
  • Number 1 Crime Writer
  • Beans
  • Potatoes
  • Impending marriage of Doctor Jack Monroe and Nigella Lawson
etc., etc.
Going back a page or two... this whole list made me laugh out loud, but 'beans' and 'potatoes' are especially spot on. Just imagining her waking up to hundreds of alerts every morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Wonder if the latest paypal scthick was for printer ink. It must be getting super costly. Also I know it was a while now but do you think she complained to the bosses about the gifs because they used up so much ink😅
You've cracked it, I reckon. Definitely R Jackie who asked for an end to the gifs!

[Insert gif of Jack in disguise, complete with stick-on beard and glasses, angrily complaining to the mods]

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Definitely a good reason to keep giphy-ing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
And as if Jack is the gatekeeper for budget recipes anyway. It’s been done many many times before she came on the scene (and has been done better), including by Delia Smith and even Allegra!
There are also lots of newer people with books out on budget and tin can cookery (Miguel for one), and they all look considerably more appetising than Jack’s grim and grotty little books.
Even centuries before this! My great great (great? my grandfather's grandfather) grandfather (how many times can I get the word grandfather in) was a chef in the 1800s, and he had a famous cookery book which was aimed at the working classes, providing cheap, nourishing recipes for everyday and fancy (FANCY!) occasions. 🔺 ALERT!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Even centuries before this! My great great (great? my grandfather's grandfather) was a chef in the 1800s, and he had a famous cookery book which was aimed at the working classes, providing cheap, nourishing recipes for everyday and fancy (FANCY!) occasions. 🔺 ALERT!!!
Ah, but the difference there is your great-great-grandfather was a chef. And Jack, of course, is NOT A CHEF.

(How fab though — what a lovely bit of family history!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm always surprised that nobody from JM's past has never appeared. You know, the whole... I went to school with JM etc, she seems to be forever spouting pish and surely someone would want to challenge it after a while.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.