Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know - the things she makes you shout support for . . . I'll be cheering for Boris Johnson next.

I am ashamed . . .
That odious hell froze over quite a bit back
IMG_9499.jpeg

IMG_9496.jpeg

IMG_9501.jpeg
IMG_9500.jpeg
IMG_9502.jpeg

See also from same article:
IMG_9499.jpeg
IMG_9498.jpeg

And here we are, over a decade later…
IMG_9478.jpeg
IMG_9487.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Maybe something to do with the Coronation Food Project?
The Royals and their staff aren't always the best judges of public personalities to involve in their charitable work. You'd think the King's staff would be vetting people more carefully after the revelations about a certain trackie-wearing cigar-smoking TV presenter who was heavily involved with the Prince's charities.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
I can't believe Monroe hasn't been fully investigated yet. But the way things are heading for certain others lately, hopefully it'll be her turn soon.

Tick-tock, Jackie.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Well Twitter is the most fun it’s been for a while. I love her trying to appear fine to her low engagement followers in a closed account whilst the rest of Twitter calls her a fraudster and a coke head.
I might rewatch some of Daily Kitchen tomorrow whilst I do some cleaning.

And you haven’t bought a house Jack because she spunked all the money on tit. Including on an incredibly expensive rental no one made you get.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I didn't know what Depher was, being a rude colonial, but I just read the BBC story. Holy sh*t the similarities to guest are amazing. The strategic use of social media for tin-rattling, the deceptive imagery, the lack of proper accounting and record-keeping, the misuse of funds, the elevenrifing, the troll-blaming.....it's all there.

Tick tock, Jack. Tick f***ing tock.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
I’m wondering how she’s affording the rent and other living costs. She doesn’t have much work on that we’re aware of and she’s not getting as much through Patreon.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
My apologies for calling Barnsley Bradford. Mea culpa. Not all Yorkshire places are the same.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She's saying she hasn't bought a place for herself and the boy yet...that doesn't mean she hasn't bought one for herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I see that Eva Green who is frequently mistaken for guest is on the jury at the Cannes film festival this year. Perhaps guest is there to double for Ms Green as needed, and is also distributing baguettes and brie to les povs.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I’m wondering how she’s affording the rent and other living costs. She doesn’t have much work on that we’re aware of and she’s not getting as much through Patreon.
I wonder how much work she gets honking at long-suffering employees of businesses who need to tick a couple of boxes in their "we might be evil capitalist scum but we're socially engaged evil capitalist scum, dammit" annual report? "please don't [HONK] mention this on social media [SNIFF] you'll get overrun by [MASSIVE WET HONKING SNORT] evil trolls! Now, it all started ten years ago when I..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I think LJC was paying the bulk of the rent on the bungamansion for a long time. I would like to think that arrangement ended with the lease they had signed but Jack must've signed a new one and I would guess she went crying to Big Dave and he took over LJC's part of the rent. That being said, there has never been any shortage of cash to throw around there - you only have to look at the amount of stuff inside the place to know that

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Is it conceivable that she could have bought the bungamansion?
I don't think so. If you're a landlord and want to sell up, you'd ideally want to get rid of any sitting tenant and sell it in a state of 'vacant possession' - it's generally much more valuable that way.

The only way it would happen would be as a favour from the tenant to the landlord if the landlord had to sell suddenly, or perhaps the other way round if the landlord wanted to help out the tenant. I can't see either applying to Jack!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
View attachment 2940281

Yes Jack, why don't you downsize so you can save towards a deposit?
I hate that she uses this excuse. I live alone and have rented for 20 years. For a lot of that I paid a substantial percentage of my monthly income on rent. I couldn't afford to save, in fact, I ended up in debt because I couldn't afford to live at times. I had a stable but not particularly well paid job with decent benefits, and because I had nothing to fall back on I was scared to risk leaving it.

I now earn a decent salary, and have a very kind landlord who charges me well under the odds. If I didn't have him, I would be screwed as even on my now good salary, rents have far outstripped wages (as we all know) and moving would absolutely wipe me out financially.

Had, at any point during the last 20 years, I had 1. A wealthy, stable and geographically close family to support me, 2. A hefty supplimentary income from something like Patreon, 3. Various substantial book advances and royalties, 4. Various partners earning six figure salaries and this presumably paying their fair share of the household costs, I absolutely would have saved for a deposit. She may not have had an entirely consistent income, but we know how much money she's had through her grubby little hands.

She's shat all that money away, and now with her dwindling income and ever-rising rental costs, I doubt she is in a position to downsize and save a money. That ship hasn't so much sailed as been driven out of the harbour and on its merry way by her.

I suppose what I mean by this long and not partcularly thrilling ramble is she is using what is a legitimate excuse for many people, and making us all look like spoilt, spend thrift cunts like she is. And I couldn't give a shiny shite what anyone spends their money on, but as alway it's the cosplaying the struggles of people whose lives she can't even comprehend.

And of course one day she's going to inherit a wedge. She'd just such a spoilt, entitled prick she wants everything now despite her clear unwillingness to work for anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I think it unlikely, iirc those proprties were in the 850k range which is over 4000 pcm in repayments.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.