Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks Lucky Escape. I just thought I’d throw it out there. Stranger things have happened.
---
I think it unlikely, iirc those proprties were in the 850k range which is over 4000 pcm in repayments.
I had no idea they were worth that much!

Reactions: 22
Netflix are going to make a couple of documentaries about Guest on the back of Baby Reindeer and the Depher programme. I can't believe it's finally happening.

Cupace20240516204930977.png

Cupace20240516210408475.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Hopkins there making a compelling case for the enemy of my enemy is also my enemy. Glad she’s getting a dig in though, vile as she is.
It's a strange feeling isn't it? The feeling first was felt by me when Edwina Currie stood up to her. Currie is vile but she was incredible.
If you've not seen the footage (the origins of 'my grandfather is DEAD') it is quite incredible. Currie does not show one iota of emotion or weakness on her face whilst Jack has a full on Narc tantrum in front of her. Her response to DEAD is 'I know, I've read his obituary he was a rich man wasn't he?' without skipping a heartbeat. I'm not sure we've got it in the Wiki but pretty sure it is on YouTube.
It's a strange thing to get your head around but I always think that this is just how bad Jack is. She's so bad I'm applauding Edwina Currie followed by pity for Katie Hopkins. That is how awful she is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I think LJC was paying the bulk of the rent on the bungamansion for a long time. I would like to think that arrangement ended with the lease they had signed but Jack must've signed a new one and I would guess she went crying to Big Dave and he took over LJC's part of the rent. That being said, there has never been any shortage of cash to throw around there - you only have to look at the amount of stuff inside the place to know that
Honestly, everything we've seen suggests that Jack has been making more than enough to pay rent on the bungamansion until very recently.

She's tried all sorts of tricks to anchor people's impressions of her income to as low a figure as possible, but even taking her Patreon income alone without anything else added on top, she'd still have been able to pay rent.

And I continue to believe that her corporate speaking gigs have brought in way more than anyone imagined, but hopefully those have now come to and end...

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I think "Foghorn Beghorn" was my 2nd favourite thread title after "Jack once again with the ill behaviour" 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I hate that she uses this excuse. I live alone and have rented for 20 years. For a lot of that I paid a substantial percentage of my monthly income on rent. I couldn't afford to save, in fact, I ended up in debt because I couldn't afford to live at times. I had a stable but not particularly well paid job with decent benefits, and because I had nothing to fall back on I was scared to risk leaving it.

I now earn a decent salary, and have a very kind landlord who charges me well under the odds. If I didn't have him, I would be screwed as even on my now good salary, rents have far outstripped wages (as we all know) and moving would absolutely wipe me out financially.

Had, at any point during the last 20 years, I had 1. A wealthy, stable and geographically close family to support me, 2. A hefty supplimentary income from something like Patreon, 3. Various substantial book advances and royalties, 4. Various partners earning six figure salaries and this presumably paying their fair share of the household costs, I absolutely would have saved for a deposit. She may not have had an entirely consistent income, but we know how much money she's had through her grubby little hands.

She's shat all that money away, and now with her dwindling income and ever-rising rental costs, I doubt she is in a position to downsize and save a money. That ship hasn't so much sailed as been driven out of the harbour and on its merry way by her.

I suppose what I mean by this long and not partcularly thrilling ramble is she is using what is a legitimate excuse for many people, and making us all look like spoilt, spend thrift cunts like she is. And I couldn't give a shiny shite what anyone spends their money on, but as alway it's the cosplaying the struggles of people whose lives she can't even comprehend.

And of course one day she's going to inherit a wedge. She'd just such a spoilt, entitled prick she wants everything now despite her clear unwillingness to work for anything.
Yeah. I'm lucky enough to earn what is, by any reasonable standard, a fortune. But I live in London which means I spend a vast chunk of that in rent. Just one of Jack's multiple windfalls would have been enough to get me on the housing ladder already.

But she lives in a much less expensive area - and, as @ForgettyBetty points out, she's actually got a real bargain on her rent.

She's pissed so much of her good fortune up the wall... and that's okay, it's hers to do what she likes with. But it's absolutely not right for her to moan about not being able to buy a place to live when almost everyone else could have given the same good fortune that she's benefited from.

As you say, she'll likely inherit enough that it won't matter to her in the long run. And yet she still begs for money from people who'll never have anything like as much good luck as she's had.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Three weeks til the Edinburgh book festival line up is announced!! I can't wait!!!

(It's in a beautiful new venue this year...the Edinburgh Futures Institute, which isn't actually finished yet. It will be the Edinburgh Featu institute)

• Haha
Reactions: 44
No guest featu in this year’s Hay Festival listings.
The real test of guest's festival value will be Green Belt this year. Those idiotic simps were offered plenty of evidence that she shouldn't be platformed last year and they persisted in inviting her, only for her to spout a load of me-me-me nonsense in a softball interview and give an entirely fake and age inappropriate reply to minor about how poppy seeds got her up the duff. Can't wait to see if she's back for more kumbaya in '24.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
The real test of guest's festival value will be Green Belt this year. Those idiotic simps were offered plenty of evidence that she shouldn't be platformed last year and they persisted in inviting her, only for her to spout a load of me-me-me nonsense in a softball interview and give an entirely fake and age inappropriate reply to minor about how poppy seeds got her up the duff. Can't wait to see if she's back for more kumbaya in '24.
6027D635-16A3-4813-BB5A-356FED3F6EBD.png

The statement’s still on their website so I’m sure all the work she’s done over the year will mean she’ll still have a slot talking to a preteen about how poppyseeds made her fall on a cock.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
View attachment 2940503
The statement’s still on their website so I’m sure all the work she’s done over the year will mean she’ll still have a slot talking to a preteen about how poppyseeds made her fall on a cock.
"Jack's isn't the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life together. Far from it."

Bet that stung. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
"Jack's isn't the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life together. Far from it."

Bet that stung. 😂
You can be sure that was directed specifically at her. She’ll have had Agent Adrian spout some nonsense to the organisers about her vital expertise and that’ll have been a shot across her bows.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.