Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™d like to pinpoint the moment this shady house of cards started to tumble in main stream media. I donā€™t think it was HH2 - although that was definitely a huge contributory factor. People still sent her money though thanks to endorsement from Nigella et al. Tattle has played a massive role in logging the receipts and no doubt the keyboard warriors who dislike her read here and use that info. But most are nonentities who would have little power against the mighty Monroe devotees. There must have been a tweet/story that ignited what we see today.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Now if youā€™ll excuse me, I got out of bed at 5am this morning because Iā€™ve got work to do. If taking a few thumps on here means a wider reach for the message Iā€™ve been tasked with delivering today, then thanks, I guess?

IMG_2077.jpeg

Also, people having a lovely day on the Internet, looking for the actual message Jackā€™s been tasked with delivering,

IMG_2078.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 59
This is so good šŸ˜‚.

I never thought I'd see the day when I thought Katie Hopkins had more integrity than anyone but here we are, in upside down world.
Yes the most disturbing thing about the whole grifter outing spree recently online is the amount of times Iā€™ve found myself agreeing with Hopkins (only on this one specific topic)
---
Just wondering who Barbara could be referring to here šŸ¤” Not squigged because she is fairly high profile barrister
Carly Burd I think, not Jack.

Reactions: 34
Now if youā€™ll excuse me, I got out of bed at 5am this morning because Iā€™ve got work to do. If taking a few thumps on here means a wider reach for the message Iā€™ve been tasked with delivering today, then thanks, I guess?

View attachment 2939941

Also, people having a lovely day on the Internet, looking for the actual message Jackā€™s been tasked with delivering,

View attachment 2939942
The only possible reason guest would be getting out of bed at 5am to go to work would be if she's finally got herself a job and it's minimum wage shift work somewhere. Unlikely.

Reactions: 30
Iā€™d like to pinpoint the moment this shady house of cards started to tumble in main stream media. I donā€™t think it was HH2 - although that was definitely a huge contributory factor. People still sent her money though thanks to endorsement from Nigella et al. Tattle has played a massive role in logging the receipts and no doubt the keyboard warriors who dislike her read here and use that info. But most are nonentities who would have little power against the mighty Monroe devotees. There must have been a tweet/story that ignited what we see today.
I think that, hilariously, Dire Potatogate was a key moment in opening a lot of Xwitter peopleā€™s eyes to the grift. Her absolutely raging OTT reaction, ā€œSHEā€™S DISABLEDā€, the vile replies from the flying monkeys, the deactivation. All absolutely insane.

The second was the Shattenstone article - as even the most hardened Guardianistas who would casually throw likes her way now and again could see that something was totally off, not least with the immensely ill-judged photoshoot.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I donā€™t like Katie Hopkins at all, but I can at least respect that she doesnā€™t flipflop her opinion every two minutes to curry favour or try and use slippery language. Donā€™t be a bleep, obviously, but if youā€™re a bleep at least be honest about it and I think she does that.[/QUOTE]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I think the "Michael" actor is the same person who does the voice of the velvet jacketed Meerkat in the insurance adverts. I really want that to be true
Yes - you're right!

I'd forgotten that but when you mentioned it I can remember reading it somewhere. Vocally very talented.

Reactions: 16
I'm starting to see a very faint glimmer of hope that she won't be able to grift back from this. Every time in the past she has clawed her way back smelling of roses. There will always, always be a crowd willing to blindly support her but hopefully they are becoming smaller in number than ever before šŸ¤ž

Get a job, Jack. Leave people alone.

Reactions: 47
Also Captain Barnacles from Octonauts (who I developed a weird crush on after being forced to watch it for several hours a night when babysitting my niece over lockdown)

He's a regular in loads of R4 comedies too - including Cabin Pressure, Ed Reardon, The Missing Hancocks, and many, many more. Very talented voice actor, who can take on any accent and make it convincing. (Unlike guest who's accent is either "a bit posh" or "working class" depending on what audience she's trying to kid, but actually sounds like an elderly goose with severe hayfever)
I've never heard of the Octonauts - I'll look for this. Bing the Bunny, Little Drum, and Bob the Builder can only take you so far (and I hate the new Bob and Brum episodes. I liked the original ones much better

Reactions: 14
I've never heard of the Octonauts - I'll look for this. Bing the Bunny, Little Drum, and Bob the Builder can only take you so far (and I hate the new Bob and Brum episodes. I liked the original ones much better
The octonauts was the only kids tv I could stomach. Brum, Bob, Roary the Racing Car and Pat the incompetent postman can all get in the bin

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm starting to see a very faint glimmer of hope that she won't be able to grift back from this. Every time in the past she has clawed her way back smelling of roses. There will always, always be a crowd willing to blindly support her but hopefully they are becoming smaller in number than ever before šŸ¤ž

Yes! 12 months ago I assumed she'd just get away with it forever as these types often do. Fortunately I think she just about had a high enough profile among the terminally online (and next to zero profile among anyone else) that she's done. Good.

Reactions: 33
I was going to say I hope she's just loading the vans by herself but that would mean each van would go out with 5 grains of rice and an inexplicable egg which would be enough to meal prep for 2 weeks for 17 burly labourers by her estimation
With her crumbly bones? She would love to, but just couldn't do it - she'd snap like a dry twig and they'd have to carry her home in a bucket.

No, no - she'll have to content herself with giving advice on how to load the van up, and cheering others on from the sidelines and keeping them smiling with her jolly japes and weird li'l smol pixie thoughts as they pop into her weird li'l odd li'l brain. Oh! how they will all laugh šŸ˜¬!

Edit - extra letters on a word. No - I DON'T know how it happened! Stop picking on me. I'M BUSY!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Sheā€™s done. Look at the ratio on this tweet.
1E3FB031-921F-4647-9167-1AB7EF71895F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.