Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes but they're not dripfeed royalties, that slowly, painfully, languidly, LAGGARDLY, sluggishly ooze into their accounts
Indeed they are not. They're lump sums that are paid every six months, usually. Along with your ALCS and PLR payments.

However, if you got an.advance you'll only get royalties if your book sells enough to cover that cost. I expect she's only getting a relatively small amount from her back catalogue at this point - if Grifty Kitchen has earned out, I'll eat my brogues.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I was listening to a podcast this morning (Blindboy podcast, he's such a good egg) and the total gratitude he expresses to his Patreon subscribers in every single episode is lovely. No tin rattling, no false promises, no sob stories, just gratitude that he gets to make a living doing something he and others enjoy.

Also, his books are actually good.

Really makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Wow the brazen neck of her whining about ‘dripfeed royalties’ when she gets ££££’s EVERY bleeping MONTH for doing ABSOLUTELY duck ALL through Patreon

Can’t someone please, PLEASE from the
✨Comments Club✨pull her up on this, I beg 🙏
FFS

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Indeed they are not. They're lump sums that are paid every six months, usually. Along with your ALCS and PLR payments.

However, if you got an.advance you'll only get royalties if your book sells enough to cover that cost. I expect she's only getting a relatively small amount from her back catalogue at this point - if Grifty Kitchen has earned out, I'll eat my brogues.
ANd they'd still be tastier than a veg peel fritter.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Wow the brazen neck of her whining about ‘dripfeed royalties’ when she gets ££££’s EVERY bleeping MONTH for doing ABSOLUTELY duck ALL through Patreon

Can’t someone please, PLEASE from the
✨Comments Club✨ pull her up on this, I beg 🙏
FFS
Oh the only thing her ✨Comments Club✨ (though it looks suspiciously like a sock to me) will say is that her Patreon is “inactive” - which they later say means people are happy to pay for nothing, so that’s just fine.

It’s a way to control the narrative, keeping the focus on tomatoes and voluntary payments for no rewards instead of showing the sheer scale, complexity and depth of the grift. If you’re just peering through the keyhole, you’re not looking at the whole room.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Oh the only thing her ✨Comments Club✨ (though it looks suspiciously like a sock to me) will say is that her Patreon is “inactive” - which they later say means people are happy to pay for nothing, so that’s just fine.

It’s a way to control the narrative, keeping the focus on tomatoes and voluntary payments for no rewards instead of showing the sheer scale, complexity and depth of the grift. If you’re just peering through the keyhole, you’re not looking at the whole room.
Agh. So annoying.

If it were inactive, she surely would have posted a note to that effect. Instead, her most recent post makes various promises about making amends, catching up, and fulfilling all outstanding rewards.

That was 18 months ago, and nothing since then - so innocent bystanders would be forgiven for assuming that all was now well. After all, she told us in the Guardian a couple of months later that all outstanding rewards had been sent!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

I seriously think we need some kind of infographic so that people can see at a glance the scale of the grift over time. Maybe John burn Murdoch from the FT can put something together.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Christ I’m now hoping for Katie Hopkins to come out on top in an argument. duck you guest.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
That Sonia Poulton thing is about 16 months old, isn’t it?

Reactions: 17
How ambiguous ...she doesn't say she's actually delivering the food, she's delivering the message about the food. Wot a fanny. I want to see a pic of her actually holding a crate of provisions. And today's newspaper.
And @tiblisipeach guy

Reactions: 14
I mean all three of them are awful. Hopkins, poulton, guest. Imagine an arse with three cheeks. 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
OK guest, what's the message you've been tasked with today? That there's poverty? That Fairshare are helping? Where are you sharing your message? On your locked down Twatter?

Get in the bin you grifting boglin. You've never one conveyed a meaningful message. The VBI crap and the 344% more spenny rice = lies. Your poverty = lies. Superdrug and hygiene poverty = advise people to shoplift.

Every message or campaign you put your voice to Jack you tarnish it. I hope Elon gets rid of the ability to lock accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.