Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If there's a hotchpot clause in the will then any lifetime gifts are taken into consideration when dividing up the estate. Trusts are different, though Choccy D may well think he's one of the big boys in need of these structures!
Just trying to avoid a bitter battle over who gets the cannon.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Frauen I’ve just had a thought; I wonder if she’s moved back in with big chocco and ma Eve ?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Didn't she say the last time she declared she was newly sober that she was putting the equivalent of what she'd have spent on booze into a savings account for him? Given that she claimed to have been downing 200 units a week, there must be a small fortune awaiting him by now.

ETA - it was half of what she'd spend on booze. Presumably the other half went on sideboards or snow.

Of course, there was an almighty tip jar rattle in the same series of tweets. And none of this has ever been mentioned again, so presumably poor SB never got his "Summer of Dreams" in the end.

View attachment 2931711View attachment 2931713View attachment 2931715View attachment 2931718

Screenshots originally from @heretoreaditall2019
What in heckington heck is an "untouchable direct debit"?

And what, pray, is a "watertight" savings account? (One that's not with Northern Rock?)

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Sounds a bit like that watertight ringfencing of the Sue Lee money i.e. Jimmy Nail time.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I have a business bank account and get charged for every direct debit... wouldn't she be better doing one monthly one instead of 30 daily DDs?

Why am I even writing this....? It's all bollocky lies

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Why has she needed to rehydrate herself for several weeks? Rehydration is a temporary measure to help you recover from vomiting or diarrhoea. If you are still symptomatic after a few days the recommendation is to seek medical advice. Now Jack is not normally one to shy away from trotting down to A&E or her GP for a minor ailment.
What on earth could be causing someone who gobbles down food swimming in watery sauces to need rehydration and suffer from cramps and muscle pains. It's a real mystery
Yes! My OH (hasn't left) gave me food poisoning on my birthday and I only needed rehydration on the day after the hideous night of fluid leaving my body through every available orifice. I just can't work out what could be ailing her 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 29

And what, pray, is a "watertight" savings account? (One that's not with Northern Rock?)
Also, that would be 477 days sober based on the date she gave on Facebook, not 374. That’s over a hundred daily direct debits she’s conned him out of.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I have a business bank account and get charged for every direct debit... wouldn't she be better doing one monthly one instead of 30 daily DDs?

Why am I even writing this....? It's all bollocky lies
I was just thinking there is no way. Maybe she means a standing order. Even so it's so stupid for someone who witches constantly about the precarious and unpredictable nature of freelance income. Imagine your gas bill direct debit bouncing because your stupid daily standing order went out first. Gaaaaaaah I know it's a lie but it's enraging because it makes you want to work out how on earth it's even possible. her lies are the thief of time and mental energy as well as of patreon dollah

Oh! And btw I was thinking the other day about her going on and on about the evil trolls that ruin every moment of her day and every part of her life. I'm like, just don't read tattle? Solves your entire problem.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

I can only assume that she means a savings account that she's not a signatory to, so she can only pay in, not withdraw. But there are no such things as "untouchable direct debits", they can be cancelled at any time. They also can't be set up to transfer money between individuals, she probably means a standing order, which again can be cancelled at any time.

Why did I just waste two minutes of my life typing out an explanation for one of her ridiculous lies?

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I can only assume that she means a savings account that she's not a signatory to, so she can only pay in, not withdraw. But there are no such things as "untouchable direct debits", they can be cancelled at any time. They also can't be set up to transfer money between individuals, she probably means a standing order, which again can be cancelled at any time.

Why did I just waste two minutes of my life typing out an explanation for one of her ridiculous lies?
What she means is she has something like Monzo where you can (or could) set it to do things like transfer £1 a day into a pot via IFTT. They used to endlessly advertise you could set it to pay into a pot when it rained to use for summer activities on the 4 days of summer the UK gets.

Of course being the Jack we all know, she’ll have done it for about a week, then stopped it and spent the money on opal fruits and spicy Pringles.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
What she means is she has something like Monzo where you can (or could) set it to do things like transfer £1 a day into a pot via IFTT. They used to endlessly advertise you could set it to pay into a pot when it rained to use for summer activities on the 4 days of summer the UK gets.

Of course being the Jack we all know, she’ll have done it for about a week, then stopped it and spent the money on opal fruits and spicy Pringles.
Yeah exactly. Starling has similar. If you spend eg 90p you can nominate to round up so the 10p goes into a rainy day fund. I suspect that's all she means but as usual, she has to go too far so that it's no longer believable. It can't just be this, it has to be complex and special.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yeah exactly. Starling has similar. If you spend eg 90p you can nominate to round up so the 10p goes into a rainy day fund. I suspect that's all she means but as usual, she has to go too far so that it's no longer believable. It can't just be this, it has to be complex and special.
To clarify I didn’t misunderstand rainy day fund on the Monzo one, they literally advertised you could have money transferred automatically if it rained 😂 and for various other things as well as rounding up for a traditional rainy day fund. The “money when it rains” ad was one of those that seemed to follow me around the internet hence remembering that in specific.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Here you go. I'm surprised she's not claimed to have made it up herself.
That would do as a rough approximation of ORS. Sorry, I am a bit of a geek about this stuff (professional interest!). I thought it was a bit basic, so I compared it against the formula of a pharmacy own brand.
Screenshot_20240512-234008.png
Screenshot_20240512-233947.png

So her version is missing potassium. Not ideal, you need to properly balance the electrolytes you've lost. E.g. My sports rehydration drink also contains calcium and magnesium.
£2.69 is two days supply. Hardly going to break the bank for anyone!

Reactions: 26

Have we seen this? I thought she came across really well after the usual ARE WE ON CAN YOU HEAR ME, couldn't avoid talking about herself in the end and how quirky she is. Giving some self awareness vibes too
At least she's honest about being an "avid book fan" as opposed to being an avid reader.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
One of my colleagues makes his own electrolyte drink, and carries a huge bottle of it around all day. It's pale yellow, and he puts it in random old plastic bottles, and it just looks like a bottle of pipi

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.