Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When dear heart JayCloth Cow got us all the gossip on Old Harold, one of the things that came out was that SB was there a lot more than we thought.
Thank you! I’d forgotten which of the people it was who came on and said. If I recall correctly someone who seemed to know her on the site that must not be named for mothers also said similar.

Reactions: 18
I was thinking, my best friend going up used to go to her dads every other weekend until she was 18. When she was there she had to spend time soley with him, stepmum and brother, as none of her mates lived there. We all lived near her mums where she lived monday to friday and the other weekend. The way she describes sb sounds like this is whats happening. He doesn't go out with mates, potential girlfriends because none of them live near his mum so she is forced to endure her and only her for his entire stay. My mate used to be bored of her tits and practically ran to my house on a sunday night.
One of her poorest choices is not to live nearer to him.
I went to a Catholic school in the 80s, divorce was rare. My friend whose parents were divorced lived one street away. As her and her siblings got older it meant they could live between the houses without any drama or need for visitation.
But I think I am right in thinking her son doesn’t live somewhere as nice as she lives.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
She's either developed a deep paranoia to people screenshotting her tweets or she's been told to be careful what she tweets and has taken that to mean nuke everything from orbit just to be sure after every session.

I never understood why she didn't buy somewhere in the 'burbs with a good transport link to London, especially as she's a freelancer.
With the amount of money she's had through her hands she could have bought somewhere in an unfashionable area years ago with a bit of hard graft.
I realise that writing hard graft is where my argument falls apart.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
One of her poorest choices is not to live nearer to him.
I went to a Catholic school in the 80s, divorce was rare. My friend whose parents were divorced lived one street away. As her and her siblings got older it meant they could live between the houses without any drama or need for visitation.
But I think I am right in thinking her son doesn’t live somewhere as nice as she lives.
Yes, she resides in retiree, swimming pool, sunny seaside paradise suburbia and he and his dad stay in one of the most deprived towns in Essex and indeed England. She could have used her enormous bunce pile to alleviate that.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
I hear the arguments that guest could've bought property by now or helped out SB's dad. But that would've also required her to (a) admit to her family that she was coining it at one stage and (b) make sure everything was declared to HMRC and properly accounted for. We've discussed before how she wouldn't get a mortgage and wouldn't be able to buy a house outright without proper financial checks.

She could've given SB's dad a few cash handouts here and there, I suppose, to help ease his financial constraints. But we know she'd rather spend it on aparthotels and handbags and godknowswhatelse.

One thing she absolutely should've done when SB was tiny was start paying into a savings account for him so that he could have some choices about higher education or travel or getting a foot on the housing ladder himself when he comes of age. If she hasn't done that, then that is very poor parenting; she's had the means to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She will own a place one day. It might not be for a few years yet, and maybe it'll be a property inherited or gifted to her by her well-off parents, but oh God, the absolute bollocks she will spout about how hard it was for her to realize this forever home for her and her "SB" (who will absolutely not be living with her at that point) and how much she had to suffer just to finally have a place to call her own, blah blah blah. How I hope I (a Gen Xer who will probably never own my own place despite working hard for decades and always taking care of myself) will no longer care or check in on her by then, no matter how much I love the canal.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I hear the arguments that guest could've bought property by now or helped out SB's dad. But that would've also required her to (a) admit to her family that she was coining it at one stage and (b) make sure everything was declared to HMRC and properly accounted for. We've discussed before how she wouldn't get a mortgage and wouldn't be able to buy a house outright without proper financial checks.

She could've given SB's dad a few cash handouts here and there, I suppose, to help ease his financial constraints. But we know she'd rather spend it on aparthotels and handbags and godknowswhatelse.

One thing she absolutely should've done when SB was tiny was start paying into a savings account for him so that he could have some choices about higher education or travel or getting a foot on the housing ladder himself when he comes of age. If she hasn't done that, then that is very poor parenting; she's had the means to do it.
The savings account for SB is a very good point Sparky M. And that reminds me, her boy was born the same year as mine and that was the last year children got a £250 cheque from the Labour government with which to open a child trust fund. The tories later did away the scheme. I wonder what she did about it. Iirc, if parents did not select a bank or building society , the government or relevant department would. However, it was possible for the money to be withdrawn after a time. When my son's started to lose money we withdrew and it and put in his child ISA where it has been able to grow. I hope she didn't hoover it up for herself.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Giantess she is sitting at home sniffing the sue lee money. SB will be fine because choco is loaded,

Reactions: 20
She will own a place one day. It might not be for a few years yet, and maybe it'll be a property inherited or gifted to her by her well-off parents, but oh God, the absolute bollocks she will spout about how hard it was for her to realize this forever home for her and her "SB" (who will absolutely not be living with her at that point) and how much she had to suffer just to finally have a place to call her own, blah blah blah. How I hope I (a Gen Xer who will probably never own my own place despite working hard for decades and always taking care of myself) will no longer care or check in on her by then, no matter how much I love the canal.
I realise that I'm from a very lucky generation and I despair at the housing policies from all shades of government.
It genuinely makes me so sad and I hope I didn't sound flippant with my comment about buying a property.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So adding to the Mitt-Mystery, we now have Randy WAAF Olive admiring child-Jack’s gigantic hands
IMG_9250.jpeg
which Jack used as shovels to greedy guzzle down pots of coronation chicken, eating poor Dave and Ev out of house and home
IMG_9251.jpeg
But then as an adult, her gigantic child-hands shrunk, leaving gigantic loose hand skin with smol pixie hands wibbling about inside it, because…she was a premature baby?
IMG_9252.jpeg

IMG_9253.jpeg

Or was Randy RAF Olive just seeing gigantic hand-skin with tiny hands inside it and not gigantic hands the entire time?
IMG_9255.jpeg
It’s all very confusing indeed. It’s almost like Jack just…makes up a lot of silly stories for attention from strangers online because she hasn’t got any real friends, anything to fill her days or much of a life!
IMG_9256.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 44

My youngest is a similar age to SB. When my children were born the government had the child trust fund voucher scheme (when did that end?) for £250. We put theirs in a saving accounts and added just £10 a month (all we could afford at the time). And my eldest has recently turned 18 and there was just shy of £3000. Not a massive amount but it is certainly going to help towards her accommodation costs at Uni. I wonder if SB had the voucher and if she has put aside money for him. It’s not exactly loads we paid in, but £3k is more than I ever had at 18!!
ETA: snap @People-huv-tae-know got there before me!

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Didn't she say the last time she declared she was newly sober that she was putting the equivalent of what she'd have spent on booze into a savings account for him? Given that she claimed to have been downing 200 units a week, there must be a small fortune awaiting him by now.

ETA - it was half of what she'd spend on booze. Presumably the other half went on sideboards or snow.

Of course, there was an almighty tip jar rattle in the same series of tweets. And none of this has ever been mentioned again, so presumably poor SB never got his "Summer of Dreams" in the end.

1000002863.jpg
1000002864.jpg
1000002865.jpg
1000002866.jpg

Screenshots originally from @heretoreaditall2019

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
The savings account for SB is a very good point Sparky M. And that reminds me, her boy was born the same year as mine and that was the last year children got a £250 cheque from the Labour government with which to open a child trust fund. The tories later did away the scheme. I wonder what she did about it. Iirc, if parents did not select a bank or building society , the government or relevant department would. However, it was possible for the money to be withdrawn after a time. When my son's started to lose money we withdrew and it and put in his child ISA where it has been able to grow. I hope she didn't hoover it up for herself.
I hope SB nest egg arrangements have been made by El Choco, or even the various nans.

Reactions: 31
My youngest is a similar age to SB. When my children were born the government had the child trust fund voucher scheme (when did that end?) for £250. We put theirs in a saving accounts and added just £10 a month (all we could afford at the time). And my eldest has recently turned 18 and there was just shy of £3000. Not a massive amount but it is certainly going to help towards her accommodation costs at Uni. I wonder if SB had the voucher and if she has put aside money for him. It’s not exactly loads we paid in, but £3k is more than I ever had at 18!!
Yup. It adds up. I have two particularly special young people in my life that I put £5 a month into an account each for. When they turn 18, they'll get £500 each and the rest when they turn 21. Even with tit interest rates, it's not that difficult to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Haven’t grunked so sorry if it’s misplaced, but she’s a terrible public speaker. She’s so honky.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Yup. It adds up. I have two particularly special young people in my life that I put £5 a month into an account each for. When they turn 18, they'll get £500 each and the rest when they turn 21. Even with tit interest rates, it's not that difficult to do.
I've got my niece, not my actual niece but my cousin's kid, who I love to pieces and will open an account for her as soon as I'm back in employment. Thanks for the reminder ❤

See, guest, it can be done. You just have to not be a selfish twit 🤡

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I realise that I'm from a very lucky generation and I despair at the housing policies from all shades of government.
It genuinely makes me so sad and I hope I didn't sound flippant with my comment about buying a property.
Not at all, tenderstem, at least, not to me. And likewise, I don't begrudge ownership to anyone who achieved it by means other than bone-deep laziness and grift ( in other words, guest)!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think it's fairly easy to challenge that sort of thing - it's usual to treat gifts given during life as being completely separate from inheritance for tax purposes, and the other side of that coin is that the courts will say that all children should inherit equally, never mind what gifts had been given previously.

The only way to get round it would be using trusts and suchlike, but I don't think Big D's estate is big enough for that to be worthwhile.

So, sadly, Jack's likely to inherit the same amount as her siblings, no matter how much extra help she gets given whilst her parents are still living.
If there's a hotchpot clause in the will then any lifetime gifts are taken into consideration when dividing up the estate. Trusts are different, though Choccy D may well think he's one of the big boys in need of these structures!

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.