Jack Monroe #57 1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, 4, got the designer gear, need cash for more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the reason that Jack was so manic over her “potatoes” drivel is she sees it as a way back to the big time.
Her career was in the up when the UKs economy was in the shitter. The guardian lapped up her cockney urchin act and she was treated like a pet by the wealthy, left wing set. Trips to The Ivy and Grouchos were a regular occurrence. But as the economy improved Jack wasn’t as in demand.

You can almost see her salivating that we are heading for a mega recession. Millions of people will be poor and she will be held aloft as a beacon to them all. 🤦‍♀️ Slops galore and she can pontificate from her crappy bungalow.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
begging on Patreon when she has commissioned work she could be doing is a new low even for R Jackie.

Reactions: 34
You can almost see her salivating that we are heading for a mega recession. Millions of people will be poor and she will be held aloft as a beacon to them all. 🤦‍♀️ Slops galore and she can pontificate from her crappy bungalow.
This is so, so true :(

It's a shame she's not tweeting to check in on your friends as there will be mass redundancies occurring the next few weeks, maybe she will with an aff link to buy them one of her books to help them through...

Reactions: 24
Of course Jack is going to make an effort to be friendly with Primrose Hill's Jamie Klingler. There's something in it for her - she's involved in the media, publishing and events.

Reactions: 16
When I was finally vaguely solvent about ten years ago, I treated myself to a set of crockery from M&S. In an ideal world, I'd have bought Cornishware as they're nigh on indestructible, but couldn't afford the £140, so I bought the nearest thing to it I could stretch to. Dinner plates (but not massive, just old fashioned dinner plate size), side plates and bowls - about £50, maybe a bit more, as I still could only afford to buy two things a week.

Made a change from the box from Argos that everybody else got before IKEA spread out over the UK. And the rest of the bits and pieces I have were only got for pennies in charity shops or from various Chinese/Japanese supermarkets. The most expensive thing I have now is my mug, which cost £6 in Sainsbury's.

A £100-200 12 piece set, never mind a far, far bigger one, I think it's more what you stick on a Wedding List if you're about 25 and have already banged out about £40,000 on the dress, venue, coach and horses, catering and honeymoon (if you're not a grown up who has planned and saved towards it).
Didn't everyone get their first home stuff from Argos if they were lucky enough to buy as opposed to all second hand? Especially if you were nowhere near an Ikea! The cheapest homeware and a jumble of furniture still made it feel like home, it doesn't matter where it came from.
Yep, we had Denby on our wedding list, but that was pretty much it. Plus some little bits from Argos so that people didn't feel obliged to spend much. My dress was only £60 though, and I made the 3 tier cake, as I didn't want anything too showy.
It did take us to our 40s to actually splash out on decent wooden matching furniture though, even then I struggled to justify the cost.
Still don't live in a fancy detached house though:LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 32
When I was finally vaguely solvent about ten years ago, I treated myself to a set of crockery from M&S. In an ideal world, I'd have bought Cornishware as they're nigh on indestructible, but couldn't afford the £140, so I bought the nearest thing to it I could stretch to. Dinner plates (but not massive, just old fashioned dinner plate size), side plates and bowls - about £50, maybe a bit more, as I still could only afford to buy two things a week.

Made a change from the box from Argos that everybody else got before IKEA spread out over the UK. And the rest of the bits and pieces I have were only got for pennies in charity shops or from various Chinese/Japanese supermarkets. The most expensive thing I have now is my mug, which cost £6 in Sainsbury's.

A £100-200 12 piece set, never mind a far, far bigger one, I think it's more what you stick on a Wedding List if you're about 25 and have already banged out about £40,000 on the dress, venue, coach and horses, catering and honeymoon (if you're not a grown up who has planned and saved towards it).
This is one of the problems I have with JM. Other people would dearly love to have some nice things, but they cut their cloth according to what they can afford. JM on the other hand has to have designer items which are not necessary if she is on a tight budget.

Reactions: 22
I have a theory I wonder if Hellmans gave her a paycut due to how badly it went. I mean she didn't pull very good numbers did she?? Hopefully they didn't but why is she soo a few weeks after paying job??

Reactions: 15
Does anyone remember the bullshit game in How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days?

Well then call me Matthew Mcconaughy because that is a humongous steaming pile of bull tit

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Can't wait to see her latest book which will essentially be an almagamation of every single Guardian article and blog she's ever written.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.