Jack Monroe #57 1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, 4, got the designer gear, need cash for more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

You mean another one of the programmes that inevitably push the prices up for cheap alternatives because all the middle class bastards sweep in and buy them up? Happened with Oxtail, pork and lamb neck fillet, beef skirt (oh, sorry, Bavettes), sieved tomatoes rather than passatta, all bleeping fish ever (Pollock, Coley, Guernard, haddock, whiting, scampi/Langoustine, John Dorey, Monkfish, etc, etc), bleeping POTATOES, Kohl Rabi, Celeriac, Rhubarb, lentils, beans, quinoa, red rice, SALT, Turmeric, corned beef, steak and kidney, offcuts for fish pie, bones for making stock... What have you got left to make too expensive to eat?

By the way, she's trashed in that video and RB's shins should have been in mortal danger if she only could have seen past the sleb glow.

Oh, duck off.

What about some of the ACTUALLY LITERALLY JAPANESE PEOPLE WRITING COOKBOOKS OUT THERE?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Imagine being so materialistic and used to the high life that losing your atm partner sends you into a full-on meltdown which results in you begging for money from people with less than you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I'm partial to Denby...
I am obsessed with Denby crockery! I've been saving up my Tesco points for well over a year in the aim of getting a full set. Mad how Jack had them aged early 20s when she had her £3k garage sale. She's clearly always had a taste for the dearer stuff.

Reactions: 27
I work in the hospitality industry and 10 of my friends (all different companies) were made redundant on Friday. This is because the furlough rules changed and employers now have contribute to NI and pensions.

They are all skilled, hardworking individuals and all are devastated. They all strongly suspected it was coming so for the past 4 months have clamped down on spending just in case.

The absolute cheek of Jack getting her begging bowl out whilst she has been on a 4 month spending spree. 😤😤😤

I cannot tell you how angry Jack’s behaviour has made me. She is a fraud with no conscience.

And now the poor are saddled with this self appointed twit to speak on their behalf. She can go duck herself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
My best friend just got made redundant too. She's having to move back in with her Mum. Really not what she wanted to do but has no choice. I've offered to help her out but she won't accept it. I understand why. We are both from working class families and have this 'no I must do it myself' mentality.

That's why I've always believed Jack's story is just that, a story. The ease with which she accepts money from poorer people she doesn't know when that is a thousand times worse than accepting help from your own family....

Lies lies lies

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
Wow just caught up. I hate when she goes through these Eeyore phases. she’s so much more entertaining when she’s on a high and taking photos of her crap meals and chewing on teething necklaces...I’ll just patiently sit through this part of the inevitable Jack cycle.

Can you believe she ever accused someone else of using ‘misty eyed rhetoric’ - talk about projecting!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
[QUOTE]FrumpyCat
Chatty Member

Today at 9:24 AM

I notice no one on her Twitter thread is telling her If she is at risk of homelessness, she needs to go down the council and see the homelessness prevention officer.

For a working class urchin and expert on poverty, she really has no idea how desirable a secure council/housing association tenancy is to so many people. She genuinely thinks she deserves a lovely house nowhere near the poor as a reward for all the hard work she has put in as a poverty campaigner.

Just waiting for the justification why she can't move into a small terrace in town. Oh, of course she has STALKERS - that's why she didn't want anyone to know where she was staying in Edinburgh.[/QUOTE]

Where I stay, there are two recently built housing estates over the road from each other. The commercial one looks ok but bland and samey, whereas the housing association one at least looks like someone has taken time to individualise the houses and mix the types.

I was once housed by the council as homeless due to being flooded out of my bought flat and fungus taking over the place while the insurance fought. I hadn't thought about going on the housing list as I owned it. I got the Environmental Health Officer round to try to get the situation moving, and he went straight round to Housing with photographs. Two weeks later I was in a nice two bedroom four-in-a-block flat which, during my year there, had a new heating system, a new kitchen, sitting room and stairs replastered, and loft and exterior insulation fitted. It was lovely and I still look at it when I pass. Everyone in my MC family was very grateful that the system worked as it should, with absolutely no snobbery.

Ur Jackie is a snob. She sees a stigma in living somewhere that might not be as nice as fancy MC areas and smaller than her crappy bungalow. I grew up in a fancier situation than she did, and I had no bother first buying a flat in a then infamously rough former mining village (quote from neighbour "it wasn't intentional violence, when he took the axe into the pub, he didn't intent to hit him with it. It's not as bad as when the bikers used to throw each other through the window") and then living in a council flat there. It had the same mixture of twats and decent people as anywhere else, and plenty of people who would go out of their way to help, even if the place did have a reputation for taking justice into their own hands if people caused bother. There was once a spate of burglaries and everyone knew who was doing it; the police had to plead not to find the burglars with their legs broken round the back of garages while they worked to get evidence! I still go back to see friends (and the dentist!).

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 15.00.49.png

Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 15.05.52.png

Jack is usually so quick with a rude response to get pile on going. Now this is pure speculation but I wonder if she's reluctant to draw attention to these tweets as they may just to too thought provoking.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
You mean another one of the programmes that inevitably push the prices up for cheap alternatives because all the middle class bastards sweep in and buy them up? Happened with Oxtail, pork and lamb neck fillet, beef skirt (oh, sorry, Bavettes), sieved tomatoes rather than passatta, all bleeping fish ever (Pollock, Coley, Guernard, haddock, whiting, scampi/Langoustine, John Dorey, Monkfish, etc, etc), bleeping POTATOES, Kohl Rabi, Celeriac, Rhubarb, lentils, beans, quinoa, red rice, SALT, Turmeric, corned beef, steak and kidney, offcuts for fish pie, bones for making stock... What have you got left to make too expensive to eat?

By the way, she's trashed in that video and RB's shins should have been in mortal danger if she only could have seen past the sleb glow.

Oh, duck off.

What about some of the ACTUALLY LITERALLY JAPANESE PEOPLE WRITING COOKBOOKS OUT THERE?
See also lamb shanks and halloumi...

Reactions: 13
That’s clearly bollocks because I’m sure she spent ages telling people her medication regimen for DKL and questioning on twitter whether she should take it earlier or later. Don’t even think she deleted those tweets.

Also, having a mental disorder is not an excuse for being tit at your job.
are we detecting misty eyed rhetoric from JM? Hmm?

Reactions: 10
C9FC8A12-FE10-47EE-A255-287E367F7631.jpeg
B558A5B6-6B16-47BA-B0D2-9E701E30B5C9.jpeg

Are we going to have a couple of nicey nicey responses to people before she comes out swinging? I’ll answer myself, yes, absolutely.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
I am obsessed with Denby crockery! I've been saving up my Tesco points for well over a year in the aim of getting a full set. Mad how Jack had them aged early 20s when she had her £3k garage sale. She's clearly always had a taste for the dearer stuff.
When I was finally vaguely solvent about ten years ago, I treated myself to a set of crockery from M&S. In an ideal world, I'd have bought Cornishware as they're nigh on indestructible, but couldn't afford the £140, so I bought the nearest thing to it I could stretch to. Dinner plates (but not massive, just old fashioned dinner plate size), side plates and bowls - about £50, maybe a bit more, as I still could only afford to buy two things a week.

Made a change from the box from Argos that everybody else got before IKEA spread out over the UK. And the rest of the bits and pieces I have were only got for pennies in charity shops or from various Chinese/Japanese supermarkets. The most expensive thing I have now is my mug, which cost £6 in Sainsbury's.

A £100-200 12 piece set, never mind a far, far bigger one, I think it's more what you stick on a Wedding List if you're about 25 and have already banged out about £40,000 on the dress, venue, coach and horses, catering and honeymoon (if you're not a grown up who has planned and saved towards it).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I keep thinking about how she went on one of her classic defensive rants before she got the kitten where she claimed she definitely had enough cash to meet her needs, but then as soon as she took the poor thing to the vets, she started complaining about the cost of scans! Then was like “I MUST SEE THE SUPERVET!”. Now she’s saying she’s got no money and I think it’s clear that during the DKL/Hellmans/Kitten/Edinburgh trip she was just behaving completely manically, burning through the cash she had, but by deleting all the twitter evidence of that period seems to be hoping nobody will call her out on her bullshit and will tip money into her begging bowl. Shameless.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.