Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a great film and Emily was brilliant in it. She is also a nepo baby though. Though she clearly has talent unlike guest. Emily's grandfather was a Hammer Horror actor and I suspect many slops were used in the special effects department. So perhaps guest is even older than we thought.
And her dad was Trigger, who is to brooms as Vimes is to boots. Uncanny.

(and who was enormously sexy. have had huge crush since catching his Tartuffe. as you were.)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I've always pondered that one, because typically opioids have the opposite effect to making someone feel horny. Obviously she's full of tit, but y'know
That'll explain why I literally can't be bothered to find a shag. All those opioid based pain 😔

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Evening you horrible lot, just checking in to see what liverpool are up to.... i have five minutes probably before my kids wants something to grunk with a cup of tea. Come pet, give us some 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ah that’s when she fibbed to Ol’ Xanthe in 2013 to show off. Sokay tho. She “cleared it up once and for all” seven and a half years later in Potatoes. When “her Wikipedia” said she had 7. That’s cos you told Xanthe Clay you had 7, you bleeping fantasist liar. View attachment 2879964
IMO the most unbelievable part of this story is that anyone who went to school with guest would stay in contact with her afterwards. Either on FB or in real life.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
IMO the most unbelievable part of this story is that anyone who went to school with guest would stay in contact with her afterwards. Either on FB or in real life.
There’s a few on FB offering to meet up for a reunion with her, which just goes to show that it takes all sorts.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Maybe they want to give her a good kicking?
If they haven’t paid enough attention since school to know what shenanigans she’s been up to and that she’s a byword for grifting online, I doubt they could find their own foot for the purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
There’s a few on FB offering to meet up for a reunion with her, which just goes to show that it takes all sorts.
They're probably just hoping they'll finally get back the dinner money she used to beg them for.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Lads, the 1980s Supermarket programme is on C5 and there's a huge segment on Vienetta!
Trigger warning, the trailer talks about something called 'meat glue' and I'm not sure I want to know what that is.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
That spoilered pic is of Emily Lloyd in Wish You Were Here, based on the life of a proper rebel, Cynthia Payne. Emily has had crippling psychological problems that have dogged her throughout her life, otherwise I suspect she’d have been incredibly successful as she had real talent.

Anyway, my point is that in no respect is that image representative of guest 😅

(Edited because I inadvertently made it sound as if Emily had pegged it 😬)
Bang on topic because...

Anyone remember when our good frau Jenny Numbers mentioned this book and some of us bought it

• Heart
Reactions: 29
@YerDa I had no idea about Emily Lloyd's health problems - I remember her from several films in which she was incredibly good, but then she just kind of disappeared, and I wondered what happened. I hope she is doing OK now.

Reactions: 17
Very sad reading about her, this made me like her even more:

She was offered the iconic lead role in 'Pretty Woman’ – which, of course, went to Julia Roberts – but turned it down to accept an offer to be in 'Mermaids’ with Cher.

But on meeting her on set, Cher decided that Lloyd would not fit the role of her daughter.

Lloyd told the Daily Mail in 2013: “She had an ego as big as her hair. She stared and stared at me through her ridiculous sunglasses for ages and then finally screeched: ‘You don’t look genetically like me.’

“I thought this was a bit rich. I looked at her and said: ‘Well you don’t look genetically like you.’ It was unlikely we would bond after that.”

The part was then recast with Winona Ryder in Lloyd’s place, but Lloyd later sued producers Orion Pictures and received $175,000 (£111,000) in damages.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
@YerDa I had no idea about Emily Lloyd's health problems - I remember her from several films in which she was incredibly good, but then she just kind of disappeared, and I wondered what happened. I hope she is doing OK now.
The last I read in a interview she was working which meant she was separated from her young daughter during lockdown (the father has custody but Emily normally had her three dpw) and was finding it very tough. Hopefully that’s all now resolved and she’s settled & happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Very sad story. Her daughter has pretty much always lived with her ex partner because of Emily's mental health issues. She always seemed like a sweet girl who had too many demons and too much money, which is never a good mix.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Her comment about the "closed Southend arts scene" winds me up.

Most industries are closed to some extent because patronage exists everywhere and people tend to like working with people who look and think like them.

However, education is one way to create access -- you have a much better chance of breaking into whatever scene if you have a relevant qualification. And, in the creative industries, gaining a qualification also means you'll have had critical feedback on your work from people skilled and experienced in the field. There's no downside to this and there is a wealth of educational opportunities at all levels, from local colleges to adult ed to universities.

If guest wanted to be a photographer, why didn't she go to college and learn about it?

Of course, education is only a piece of paper if it's not matched by dedicated, focused work.

Guest is very arrogant and entitled if she believes neither education nor hard work applies to her. She can duck right off.
Yeah, photography, completed it Pal. Mate,
---
Weirdly enough, I think she passed her Maths and English GCSE’s, which might be tricky if she needed 5 for A Levels, because it’s not easy to resit Food Tech in a term (like with Maths and Eng) so she might actually have been in an unusual pickle (although easily sorted by a year in college).

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Yeah, photography, completed it Pal. Mate,
---
Weirdly enough, I think she passed her Maths and English GCSE’s, which might be tricky if she needed 5 for A Levels, because it’s not easy to resit Food Tech in a term (like with Maths and Eng) so she might actually have been in an unusual pickle (although easily sorted by a year in college).
She's had half her own lifetime to do literally any qualification in any field.

Also, what pisses me off about that "closed" arts scene is that she benefited from patronage herself when she was hired by the fire service.

Reactions: 30
Saw a food blogger wearing this in a video and now I really want a custom one with RINSED HOOPS.

IMG_6790.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Also, if you “went sober over three years ago”, so before April 14th, 2021
View attachment 2875614
How do you account for this performance where you were clearly absolutely fucked off your chump on January 21st 2022? View attachment 2875664

Oh, and that you were shouting about being ONE YEAR SOBER at the end of June 2022.
Suggesting you didn’t “went sober” until…the end of June 2021. Again, not “over three years ago”.
View attachment 2875646
ss @Marmalade Atkins

Make up your bleeping mind, you absolute LYING charlatan
View attachment 2875661View attachment 2875663
Oh duck - that interview 😩 Her nasal honking laugh.
It's still baffling how guest went viral off the back of her lumberingly obvious thoughts on inflation.
And remember all her 'I've been up for 5 days with interviews and my family are having to gently, painstakingly insist I go to bed' tweets after it 😂 Wanker.
I am still slightly curious how she will address the VBI issue if asked. It's been nearly ready a couple of times. Obviously nobody really cares but a lot of money was bunged in her direction because of it.

• Sick
Reactions: 35
It’s here! It’s here!
IMG_7843.jpeg
⭐⭐⭐Be⭐⭐⭐Our⭐⭐guest⭐⭐⭐⭐
IMG_7840.jpeg
IMG_7836.jpeg

⭐Be⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Our⭐⭐⭐guest⭐⭐⭐
Good, didn’t even want them to recognize me, so the joke’s on you 😂
IMG_7838.jpeg
ss @Marmalade Atkins
Yours for £499, i.e. the change you didn’t spend on the small Stetson
IMG_7837.jpeg
IMG_7841.jpeg
IMG_7842.jpeg
lolz at the Tiffany blurrings in her own “version” too. Sad twit.
The fun/preemptive strike starts here for anyone who wants to go back and celebrate
bleeping charlatan

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I am still slightly curious how she will address the VBI issue if asked. It's been nearly ready a couple of times. Obviously nobody really cares but a lot of money was bunged in her direction because of it.
It’s nearly ready, look! There’s a two year old TWEET on there and everything. https://www.vimesbootsindex.co.uk/

I love how there’s a link to her Books What I Wrote on Bookshop too - act now to save 35p and you too could buy a small Stetson.

IMG_0966.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.