Jack Monroe #567 Wibble wibble, little mouse, thief who tried to grift a house

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"better suited as a guest" 😂
Speaking of, we are coming up on a busy and exciting month of momentous Jackiversaries.

April 13th-24th is the fourth anniversary of DKL, lost bobble face, thanks very Matt much Matt, the “it just does, doesn’t it” mince, and the thickening 💦 🐴
IMG_6797.jpeg

And DURING that celebratory fortnight, we have not only the first anniversary of guest becoming guest on the 18th
IMG_6799.jpeg

But also the SECOND anniversary of Georgia Church Suppers (Enjoy!) on the 22nd 😂
IMG_6796.jpeg
Maybe we should all draw big fancy hats on our avatars to celebrate? Or at least do another DKL watchalong. It feels…too momentous not to mark it all in some way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
A WHOLE YEAR since guest?! 😂 I remember belly laughing so hard and still love it now.

It’s the lower case g for me

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I feel the nation should pause to reflect on “it just does”.
Truly a high point in culinary broadcasting.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
09739E3A-4A7A-4B29-B443-3A82BD09609D.jpeg

SMotF’s face and body language when she dismisses arborio rice is beaut: the gritted-teeth smile, the look off camera, the clawed hands, the tense shoulders. And this was day one …

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
She’s really leaning into her Marvel Universe alter ego with this one
IMG_6851.jpeg

IMG_6848.jpeg
IMG_6849.jpeg

There are…other similarities
IMG_6850.jpeg

Can bench press the Queen
IMG_6852.jpeg

😬
IMG_6853.jpeg

IMG_6855.jpeg
IMG_6856.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I suddenly absolutely believe the Mr Security at the airport skateboard strap story. I just believe that it was her who pointed it out to him and asked his opinion. Those guys are the most hardened sardonic sourpusses in uniform.
guest: Hi! Don’t forget to check my board, man hahahaha! What you think of my strap idea, eh? Eh?
Mr Security: Hmm. You should totally patent that Miss I mean Sir wait WHAT ARE YOU? [runs away to hide in the Interrogation Room, shooketh]
do you reckon the one who told her to patent it was ignorant and belligerent

Screenshot_20240328-124721.png

ETA how many times did she go to America?!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
If you want to see the dynamic between SMotF and guest - and how truly unprofessional she is - you can watch her visibly huff with fury when she’s not main character: 29:30 into DKL Episode 10. How she ever thought this cheeky lil duo would be recommissioned …

Hilariously, this is very shortly after he accuses her of stealing ideas from THAT MAN and just after she says she has to pretend she’s learned something from Matt over the preceding two weeks.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I don't know who posted the C4 news clip from 2016 or the origins of the debate/argument on Twitter but most of the people commenting are adding the word 'grifter' to their tweets about guest with no fear of her flying monkeys appearing.
It really is a beautiful thing to see and reinforces to me that her reputation is in tatters.
The Sue Lee episode is also getting quite a few mentions too.
There's nowhere for her to go now. If she tries the budgeting angle the invisible VBI would be brought up again and haunt her around the internet.
It's all self inflicted.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
do you reckon the one who told her to patent it was ignorant and belligerent

View attachment 2841879

ETA how many times did she go to America?!
The idea that US airport staff would double take at a “Jack” is laughable ofc. This is the land of Chip, Flip, and La-A, not to mention international travellers from all corners passing through. But since her and Big Showaddywaddy Lin were in NYC and Florida on that trip (so at least one internal flight) I’d say “airports…time and time again” = one holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If you want to see the dynamic between SMotF and guest - and how truly unprofessional she is - you can watch her visibly huff with fury when she’s not main character: 29:30 into DKL Episode 10. How she ever thought this cheeky lil duo would be recommissioned …

Hilariously, this is very shortly after he accuses her of stealing ideas from THAT MAN and just after she says she has to pretend she’s learned something from Matt over the preceding two weeks.
Can't remember the episode (but I believe it was the horse spunk lasagne one) but at one point she stamps her food and waves her hand at matt whilst he's interviewing someone because she's annoyed the attention isn't on her.
The focus is on Matt talking to the telly (I think to the vegetable Knowledge lady) and the camera pulls back to a wide shot with Jack visible at the edge. She's faffing around cooking and doesn't like the banter Matt has with the guest. She stamps her foot and starts flapping her hand to interrupt him she has the face of a child throwing a tantrum.
His face is hilarious. At first he's confused but a split second later he turns to thunder and you can see him clenching his jaw. He was fuming at her rudeness. However he carried on like a professional.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Rushed here as I saw that guest was trending on Xitter, and caught up with the comments.

Lovely, everyone, lovely 🦉 🍾

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Can't remember the episode (but I believe it was the horse spunk lasagne one) but at one point she stamps her food and waves her hand at matt whilst he's interviewing someone because she's annoyed the attention isn't on her.
The focus is on Matt talking to the telly (I think to the vegetable Knowledge lady) and the camera pulls back to a wide shot with Jack visible at the edge. She's faffing around cooking and doesn't like the banter Matt has with the guest. She stamps her foot and starts flapping her hand to interrupt him she has the face of a child throwing a tantrum.
His face is hilarious. At first he's confused but a split second later he turns to thunder and you can see him clenching his jaw. He was fuming at her rudeness. However he carried on like a professional.
I believe she’s working on that very lasagne. When the camera does go back to her she comments something like “when you two are quite finished”.
I refuse to subject myself to it again to verify 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Rushed here as I saw that guest was trending on Xitter, and caught up with the comments.

Lovely, everyone, lovely 🦉 🍾
Universally anti Jack comments. What is funny is that it is accounts from both sides of the debate ridiculing her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
It's a great sign that any social media mentions are now (a) confined to discussing Jack in the distant past and (b) universally critical. The grift is dead. Don't bother coming back, Jack -- get a job and figure out how you're going to live the rest of your life.

The only thing funnier than Jack being schooled in gender politics by some people far more intelligent than her is today's roasting of Jonathan Gullis with #SeaGullis. Xitter can still be a force for good.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.