Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see publishing mithering, so I'm delurking to advise not getting too overexcited about the possible cancellation of the mememememoir.

The screenshot showing the work to be cancelled looks like somebody's idea of a joke: the publisher is listed as Tor, not Bluebird. Tor are an imprint well known for their sci-fi and their fantasy fiction. Like we all know the mememememoir is going to be. There is no way Tor would be publishing this because they don't publish memoir. I don't see how it could be a genuine error, either - they are both imprints of Pan Macmillan, but they are separate.

If the screenshot is totally accurate, what it tells us it that *this* edition of the publication has been cancelled. Every book has an ISBN - a number that is unique to it and its edition. Just because the book associated with this ISBN has been cancelled, it doesn't mean the memoir has. As I've said before, that amazon listing with the Sep '23 publishing date looked like a placeholder rather than a listing. HH2 talked about a decision she'd made that had been hard, which was probably the memoir, so contracts would have been signed a couple of months later (at most). An normal publication date would be 18 months - 2 years later, depending on a lot of factors. So, any time from now, but it could also take longer and that wouldn't necessarily mean anything is going on, just that it's taking longer.

What I can tell you firmly is that there is no Memememememoir in the Spring catalogues from PanMac. There have been instances of books dropping to publication with very little warning (E L James' The Mister and its sequel both got announced something like a week before they were in the shops), and a sensible person might think this is a good idea for the mememememoir. It could also be intended for a hardback publication September/October time as a gift for Christmas.

It might have been cancelled. It might have been delayed. It might be following the course it was always on. There is nothing to be read in the lack of official announcement. This is how publishing works. And, the fact the social media is being cleaned up points to something.

I think everything is going as it's going, and my personal realistic best case scenario is that now Carole has left (and it will not have been anything to do with the idiocy of Grifty Kitchen), Jack's new editor is less interested in her and is going through the minimal contractual motions.

I also have some technical medical mithering that I'll put behind a spoiler as it may be triggering, but the tl;dr version, I believe she may be lying.

In one of the many "I woke up in the bathtub the next morning" versions of Jack's suicide attempt, she specifically talks about taking multiple packets of paracetamol.

Paracetamol is a very dangerous drug because it's very easy to overdose on it and not realise until three days later when you go into liver failure. Medical advice is to seek help if you take more than 8 in 24 hours, although, if you are an emaciated smol pixie, even this amount could be dangerous. If she'd taken the tablets she claims to have done, it is perfectly possible she would have woken the following morning thinking she was fine. She would not have continued to be fine. The damage would not necessarily have been permanent (the liver regenerates over time), but she would have known about it.

So. Pretty sure it never happened.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
Definitely after the first time she said she was sober but there have been many of those. ETA bungamansion onwards so post 2017
Bungamansion is Feb 2019 onwards. She didn’t have any of that tit in her “humble homes” before that.
IMG_2048.jpeg
Between multiple lucrative work contracts and multiple manipulative begs £££ 2020 was a bumper year for her and the Cotswold Co.

Reckon she got her start by manipulating LJC into paying halfsies for a load of it in 2019 too.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Going back to the end of the last thread, why are jars of sauces ok, but ready meals unaffordable? One needs a whole load of other ingredients to make it work, one is a complete meal. Assuming it’s Jackmaths again.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@CleverUserNameGoesHere I hear your call for caution...

The screenshot was taken from an aggregator website I use at work - I searched by isbn not title, and that's the only thing that came up. TOR is part of Pan MacMillan - so I believe it's genuine. The spelling of cancelled with one "L" was odd. But - I fully believe the book ain't happening.

Reactions: 44
Wow! Missed two threads basically wouldn’t recommend early January funeral planning, so many backlogs 🍕 and it’s nearly the Shattenstone anniversary?! I think I’ve said this before, and maybe it’s because I was there real time but I think it’s my favourite chaos, it just had everything 👌🏼

What are we doing to celebrate? Sleeping in til the afternoon despite multiple attempts to wake us? Pennies up the bum crack? A drink in the pub studiously avoiding any alcohol because no where else is open to go?

Great detective work on the memememoir but honestly I never thought she would have the balls to release one. Swiss cheese springs to mind…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
In Wiki page 2 is the stocktake of possessions seen in pics and their approximate cost

this is the Cotswold section of “Furniture”
IMG_2007.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
She couldn’t be arsed to write GK, I can’t imagine she’s suddenly developed a work ethic for writing a memoir.
Usually when celebs write these things they have a ghost writer don’t they, can’t see the publishers wasting money on that. She isn’t a skilled writer, she writes ‘recipes with some tosh on the side, a whole readable book? No chance.
They must know anything like this would be ripped to shreds in the press as well.

Reactions: 41
Secretly hoping the autogriftography is still on, and I reckon I’d get though a good two red biros marking out the fibs in it. It’s great to see people getting their comeuppance lately- from Depher to the CEO of the post office, justice and truth seem to be in fashion and old style lying and grifting is hopefully on its way out.

She’s been silent for months, no Christmas or new year tweet, no work announcements, she’s the byword for theft on Twitter. What now?
---
She couldn’t be arsed to write GK, I can’t imagine she’s suddenly developed a work ethic for writing a memoir.
Usually when celebs write these things they have a ghost writer don’t they, can’t see the publishers wasting money on that. She isn’t a skilled writer, she writes ‘recipes with some tosh on the side, a whole readable book? No chance.
They must know anything like this would be ripped to shreds in the press as well.
I used to work as a ghostwriter for spending money. Because you couldn’t live on it 🤣 I agree though, they wouldn’t waste their money on an advance, writer/editor, publishing, photography etc to charge £12.99 for a hardback of a failed cook no-one is interested in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 53
---

I used to work as a ghostwriter for spending money. Because you couldn’t live on it 🤣 I agree though, they wouldn’t waste their money on an advance, writer/editor, publishing, photography etc to charge £12.99 for a hardback of a failed cook no-one is interested in.
I did a couple of books as a ghostwriter (in one instance because the subject was literally illiterate)... I think the translator on them got paid more than me.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I see publishing mithering, so I'm delurking to advise not getting too overexcited about the possible cancellation of the mememememoir.

The screenshot showing the work to be cancelled looks like somebody's idea of a joke: the publisher is listed as Tor, not Bluebird. Tor are an imprint well known for their sci-fi and their fantasy fiction. Like we all know the mememememoir is going to be. There is no way Tor would be publishing this because they don't publish memoir. I don't see how it could be a genuine error, either - they are both imprints of Pan Macmillan, but they are separate.

If the screenshot is totally accurate, what it tells us it that *this* edition of the publication has been cancelled. Every book has an ISBN - a number that is unique to it and its edition. Just because the book associated with this ISBN has been cancelled, it doesn't mean the memoir has. As I've said before, that amazon listing with the Sep '23 publishing date looked like a placeholder rather than a listing. HH2 talked about a decision she'd made that had been hard, which was probably the memoir, so contracts would have been signed a couple of months later (at most). An normal publication date would be 18 months - 2 years later, depending on a lot of factors. So, any time from now, but it could also take longer and that wouldn't necessarily mean anything is going on, just that it's taking longer.

What I can tell you firmly is that there is no Memememememoir in the Spring catalogues from PanMac. There have been instances of books dropping to publication with very little warning (E L James' The Mister and its sequel both got announced something like a week before they were in the shops), and a sensible person might think this is a good idea for the mememememoir. It could also be intended for a hardback publication September/October time as a gift for Christmas.

It might have been cancelled. It might have been delayed. It might be following the course it was always on. There is nothing to be read in the lack of official announcement. This is how publishing works. And, the fact the social media is being cleaned up points to something.

I think everything is going as it's going, and my personal realistic best case scenario is that now Carole has left (and it will not have been anything to do with the idiocy of Grifty Kitchen), Jack's new editor is less interested in her and is going through the minimal contractual motions.

I also have some technical medical mithering that I'll put behind a spoiler as it may be triggering, but the tl;dr version, I believe she may be lying.

In one of the many "I woke up in the bathtub the next morning" versions of Jack's suicide attempt, she specifically talks about taking multiple packets of paracetamol.

Paracetamol is a very dangerous drug because it's very easy to overdose on it and not realise until three days later when you go into liver failure. Medical advice is to seek help if you take more than 8 in 24 hours, although, if you are an emaciated smol pixie, even this amount could be dangerous. If she'd taken the tablets she claims to have done, it is perfectly possible she would have woken the following morning thinking she was fine. She would not have continued to be fine. The damage would not necessarily have been permanent (the liver regenerates over time), but she would have known about it.

What I take from this is: I can’t believe EL James wrote a sequel to The Mister. What a shite book.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

ftfy tender stem

markup_1000012760 (1).png

• Haha
Reactions: 29
In Wiki page 2 is the stocktake of possessions seen in pics and their approximate cost

this is the Cotswold section of “Furniture”
View attachment 2669884
So we need to add one dove grey double larder, possibly two

Reactions: 17
I don’t believe those brass and leather wine racks featu on the inventory do they?

Two at £295 each
View attachment 2669639
ETA she bought a Cotswold company wine rack later for her rolls of paper
Can’t find the brass version with 6 holders anywhere
---
So we need to add one dove grey double larder, possibly two
There’s the grey dresser atop a grey sideboard, then are there a further 2 grey larders?

Reactions: 12
Can’t find the brass version with 6 holders anywhere
---

There’s the grey dresser atop a grey sideboard, then are there a further 2 grey larders?
I think there are just 5 slings in each side. But there’s definitely 3, not two, like @Hollaaa said.

I thought the double larder would be shorter than the large one which is why I thought it would be a large rather than a standard size one but they’re about the same height so 🤷🏼‍♀️.
1671741B-219A-435E-A2B9-D9D0390A9047.png

Maybe this is cream and just looks grey in the photo? I think the sideboard is dove grey
1D740B59-F025-4ABC-9863-333E4962C0EB.jpeg

In conclusion, I should leave the forensic work to other frauen 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t believe those brass and leather wine racks featu on the inventory do they?

Two at £295 each
View attachment 2669639
ETA she bought a Cotswold company wine rack later for her rolls of paper
Never heard of this Audo Copenhagen brand before but a quick perusal of their site reveals it's very pricey designer homewares. Laughably, given Jack's clutter, it's also heavy on the minimalist Scandi design aesthetic.

Can't help wondering what goes on guest's head. She's obsessed with home organisation, is always shifting her stuff around and buying umpteen organising solutions (bookcases, filing cabinets, wine racks, shoe racks, baskets, trunks, shelving etc etc) to try and corral her ever-expanding mountains of tat. It's like she knows it's all out of control but her solution is to buy more furniture to hold the stuff, rather than just getting rid of the stuff altogether.

Her mind seems just as overwhelmed and disorganised. She's always announcing a fresh new start to something, showing off her crap stored in some new configuration as a way of kicking off with renewed energy. And she seems to be running an internal monologue that her life will only get on track once she's organised all the crockery into a new system and bought special wine racks for all her pieces of paper.

It must be a very tiring mental cycle to be stuck in.

Not that this excuses her thieving. That list in the wiki of ALL the Cotswolds just boils my onions. And if, as suggested, this massive spending really took off after she occupied the bungamansion (where she's had lots more space to fill up with crap), then the grift was incredibly profitable throughout the Covid period, when so many people were battling unforeseen hardships.

To my mind, that puts her in a group of pandemic profiteers adjacent to Michelle Mone and co.

Am so glad the national mood is shifting towards collective anger and more active pushing back against the people who've become rich off the backs of other people's suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Never heard of this Audo Copenhagen brand before but a quick perusal of their site reveals it's very pricey designer homewares. Laughably, given Jack's clutter, it's also heavy on the minimalist Scandi design aesthetic.

Can't help wondering what goes on guest's head. She's obsessed with home organisation, is always shifting her stuff around and buying umpteen organising solutions (bookcases, filing cabinets, wine racks, shoe racks, baskets, trunks, shelving etc etc) to try and corral her ever-expanding mountains of tat. It's like she knows it's all out of control but her solution is to buy more furniture to hold the stuff, rather than just getting rid of the stuff altogether.

Her mind seems just as overwhelmed and disorganised. She's always announcing a fresh new start to something, showing off her crap stored in some new configuration as a way of kicking off with renewed energy. And she seems to be running an internal monologue that her life will only get on track once she's organised all the crockery into a new system and bought special wine racks for all her pieces of paper.

It must be a very tiring mental cycle to be stuck in.

Not that this excuses her thieving. That list in the wiki of ALL the Cotswolds just boils my onions. And if, as suggested, this massive spending really took off after she occupied the bungamansion (where she's had lots more space to fill up with crap), then the grift was incredibly profitable throughout the Covid period, when so many people were battling unforeseen hardships.

To my mind, that puts her in a group of pandemic profiteers adjacent to Michelle Mone and co.

Am so glad the national mood is shifting towards collective anger and more active pushing back against the people who've become rich off the backs of other people's suffering.

2 things here... firstly, it'll be just be something she's seen being lauded as trendy in a sunday supplement.

secondly, it's just procrastination run wild. She can't face sitting and concentrating on the thing she's supposed to be doing. Which is a symptom of ADHD (ask me how I know), but I'm still convinced she's never been diagnosed and is, at best, freelancing meds.

Reactions: 37
It's ADHD all over, and it is exhausting. It's like New Year, New You but every day.

Edit to add: the meds are meant to make that aspect of it much better so WFK.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.