Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
...yes. The fact that it has an isbn (book number) means that someone somewhere planned to do something with it. Isbns are easy enough to buy tho.
Can’t see Jack going to that effort to be honest, and I feel like I remember tattle had found the listing before she said about her memoir.

I think Bluebird are just that thick.

Reactions: 24
I wonder how jack's no buy year went (2020)
"Please buy my books so I can have a house" guest I thort you earned 7p a book.

Screenshot_20240105-121456.png

From anyone else this would be cute, but she ruined it by saying it was actually to buy her a house
Screenshot_20240105-121952.png

guest's house obsession. Idk. Sometimes I would like her to be a home owner so she realises that its still precarious, mortgage interest rates can change fast and you have to pay on time just like rent, plus everything else is your responsibility. You don't have the landlady to organise tree surgeons or whatever.
Can you tell I'm frazzled and panicking about a leak in the house that I own 🧀🍉📐 that I'm gonna have to get fixed all by myself. That bill is gonna be mine all mine all mine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Reactions: 11
We'll never know the definitive version of the "Big Mac from a bin" story. Did she eat it, or just consider it? Was it half-eaten or still wrapped? Were the gherkins still in situ or not? This will truly go down as one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time.
Can't begin to describe how funny the Patreon "featu" has made "in situ". Everyone in earshot this morning knows exactly how much, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I don’t believe those brass and leather wine racks featu on the inventory do they?

Two at £295 each
View attachment 2669639
ETA she bought a Cotswold company wine rack later for her rolls of paper
£590 on wine racks for “backgrounds and papers” on top of a £1,299 Cotswold Westcote large double larder.
IMG_2030.jpeg
IMG_2040.gif

Have suspected before that she might have two of these giant larders based on the pics of the dining room and her cat and hat below. Discounted it cos I thought it was probably the lighting, but seeing this new pic…does she have two?

This new one today is definitely the grey one
IMG_2030.jpeg
which is the same as this dining room one
IMG_2033.jpeg
But this one with her stupid hat looks like the cream version/much, much lighter than the wallpaper one
IMG_2038.jpeg
IMG_2035.jpeg
IMG_2032.jpeg
IMG_2031.jpeg
Think these are different ones! She has both cream and grey dressers/sideboards etc etc so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. Am I hallucinating/what do you reckon? “Keeping me stocked with £1,299 larders”
IMG_2039.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
I don’t believe those brass and leather wine racks featu on the inventory do they?

Two at £295 each
View attachment 2669639
ETA she bought a Cotswold company wine rack later for her rolls of paper
I think there's three! Best part of a grand on storage for crap that belongs in the recycling! Or not the recycling if it's covered in grease and food stains! #threadcrossover

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
£590 on wine racks for “backgrounds and papers” on top of a £1,299 Cotswold Westcote large double larder.
View attachment 2669648View attachment 2669700
Have suspected before that she might have two of these giant larders based on the pics of the dining room and her cat and hat below. Discounted it cos I thought it was probably the lighting, but seeing this new pic…does she have two?

This new one today is definitely the grey one View attachment 2669663which is the same as this dining room one
View attachment 2669665But this one with her stupid hat looks like the cream version/much, much lighter than the wallpaper one View attachment 2669678View attachment 2669703View attachment 2669684View attachment 2669683Think these are different ones! She has both cream and grey dressers/sideboards etc etc so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. Am I hallucinating/what do you reckon? “Keeping me stocked with £1,299 larders”View attachment 2669691
Has she got three? The one in the wine rack photo has a misaligned LH door. The dining room one has aligned doors.
8981F255-4586-40BF-B489-2A40DA737090.jpeg
Neither of them are the same as the cream one in the stupid BOY hat photo though - that has drawers underneath.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
View attachment 2669648View attachment 2669700

This new one today is definitely the grey one View attachment 2669663which is the same as this dining room one
View attachment 2669665But this one with her stupid hat looks like the cream version/much, much lighter than the wallpaper one View attachment 2669678View attachment 2669703View attachment 2669684View attachment 2669683Think these are different ones! She has both cream and grey dressers/sideboards etc etc so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. Am I hallucinating/what do you reckon? “Keeping me stocked with £1,299 larders”View attachment 2669691
The link to the wine racks is another un-acknowledged affiliate link too, naturally.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I think there's three! Best part of a grand on storage for crap that belongs in the recycling! Or not the recycling if it's covered in grease and food stains! #threadcrossover
So she replaced multiple £295 wine racks with a Cotswold wine console that only cost £499. #JacksHacks
IMG_2042.jpeg
IMG_2043.jpeg
IMG_2045.jpeg
here they are again shoved in a room full of her old junk
IMG_2046.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Bringing this over as I was typing it while the thread closed:
The quarterhack :sick: is such a fascinating insight into guest's attitude to food and money. It's all about shopping and hoarding. There's nothing helpful there for actually planning meals in a coherent way, especially if you don't have the cash to have a freezer stocked with duck gyoza and three jars of sifted stuffing in the pantry so you can get away with a £20 top up shop.
I know I bang on a bit about sorted food, and they're not the only people doing this, but we've started using their Sidekick app so we don't spend so much on Hello Fresh (#poshwankers). It is really helpful as it offers multi meal recipe packages that avoid food waste (which is also money waste) by using up the same ingredients across them in different ways, with a handy shopping list.
Surely if you had limited money the best place to star would be a weekly meal plan, based on fresh, bulk and frozen ingredients that you can split up between across the week, a few larger cooks that leave leftovers etc. Then you just need to buy the stuff that fills the gaps, plus snacks etc. But of course, she suggests hoarding a random list of stuff and then mavericking up slop concoctions out of it on the fly, just like Matilda 🙄
I appreciate that meal planning is a skill, but there are loads of apps and resources, blogs etc to help, many of which the Frauen have mentioned here. Guest's approach is pointless busywork that wastes your time, and has a high chance of not actually resulting in a sensible week of nutritious tasty meals. But we knew that already.
It’s almost like she’s never actually had to do it for real for any significant period so doesn’t actually know what she’s talking about 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.