Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🧐 Well it appears she has been into her Patreon account ( probably checking how much extra money the greedy goblin is scamming off people😡 ) and removed the top tier $84 a month (£64 😳)where you get to contribute to her new recipes like a ‘sous chef spirit’ . She obviously doesn’t want to appear too greedy (yeah right) or more likely she doesn’t have any new (used loosely) recipe ideas!
Oh and the numbers are back up to 234. Sunday morning Twitter scrolling of her followers catching up on the woe is me !

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
🧐 Well it appears she has been into her Patreon account ( probably checking how much money the greedy goblin is scamming off people😡 ) and removed the top tier $84 a month (£64 😳)where you get to contribute to her new recipes like a ‘sous chef spirit’ . She obviously doesn’t want to appear too greedy (yeah right) or more likely she doesn’t have any new (used loosely) recipe ideas!
Oh and the numbers are back up to 234. Sunday morning Twitter scrolling of her followers catching up on the woe is me !
I hope her conscious is finally catching up with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
🧐 Well it appears she has been into her Patreon account ( probably checking how much money the greedy goblin is scamming off people😡 ) and removed the top tier $84 a month (£64 😳)where you get to contribute to her new recipes like a ‘sous chef spirit’ . She obviously doesn’t want to appear too greedy (yeah right) or more likely she doesn’t have any new (used loosely) recipe ideas!
The market decides!

Is that a low number per her followers? I dunno.

I imagine people prefer the chance to tell her about their burnout and wait (in vain) for a response than to actually hand over cash.

Reactions: 9
Somebody’s tweeted her saying ‘wasn’t your dad a Tory chancellor?’. I like Nigella (watching her cook is soothing/relaxing) & you can have different political views to your parents but it’s a fair point.
Yes, it seems to me that Nigella's support for JM comes from a place of great naivety.

Reactions: 32
glad he is better now.
The bafta timing cannot be a coincidence.
(still grunking through!)

My thoughts here are that, if they had still been together, Jack might have been a plus one? Then tonight she'd have been showing off about all the blue tickers she was drinking with.

Reactions: 11
The market decides!

Is that a low number per her followers? I dunno.

I imagine people prefer the chance to tell her about their burnout and wait (in vain) for a response than to actually hand over cash.
I have just looked at a Patreon that I support, for comparison.
He has 36.6k Twitter followers.
His Patreon Following is 1455.
So hers is dismally low!

Reactions: 16
It's something like that that really needs reposting to her Twitter in reply to all this nonsense (not that we here are allowed to of course). So often I wish someone on there would drag out an old post to call out her many contradictions. As when someone challenges her it's easy for them to be dismissed as a troll but reposting Jack's own words might at least prompt some people to think a little more.

This whole in bed for 22 hours business now, it was only the other day she said again she was working 15 hrs a day, 7 days a week?? Why do they have such short memories?! 😖
It’s a good job we have receipts.....
EF538413-E7AC-441C-AFDA-BA3BC1C04FB7.jpeg
1DF4F212-B868-41DA-9805-E8D1036C1F89.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
She is floundering. Every useful suggestion she snaps back with why she can't ( or is that shan't ).

With her profile with a pretty minimal effort she could put something sustainable in place. But instead... there is a permanent wail of terror and injustice. You gotta think that comes from a long way back and needs to be dealt with first. Maybe by one of those speed dial therapists? Her crisis team ? (Where are they btw?) Lucky she can live off what she put away while living on minimum wage in the meantime...

Reactions: 7
I am here in spirit, but realised I had missed a few (30+) pages. Back I go.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Fairly sure 'severe' is her favourite word though. Everything is 'severe'.
(*eyeroll*)
This is what the toxic person I have dealt with in my life does. If the kids have tonsillitis it's SEVERE. She once actually had meningitis and when asked whether it was viral or bacterial she said 'BOTH'. She was out of hospital after a couple of days. I always think it's a way of detatching the situation from what anyone else may have/be experiencing. Competitive at being hard done by.

How do I change my username? Thanks in advance.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
This is what the toxic person I have dealt with in my life does. If the kids have tonsillitis it's SEVERE. She once actually had meningitis and when asked whether it was viral or bacterial she said 'BOTH'. She was out of hospital after a couple of days. I always think it's a way of detatching the situation from what anyone else may have/be experiencing. Competitive at being hard done by.

How do I change my username? Thanks in advance.
"How do I change my username?"

CAREFULLY! (There's a thread on forum business).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I am sure she thinks Potatoes is an important piece of work, but I'm also confident nobody is reading it. Sure there will be click throughs because people [rightly] enjoyed ripping the piss out of that Rees Mogg lassie - but nobody is reading that bollocks. I'd say once you hit on her regurgitating her story, people move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
in her desert island dishes podcast, she talks about loving roast potatoes (who doesn’t, right?) then she describes how she purées a load of veg up as a dip for said plateful of roast potatoes. I did hoot a bit at that.
horses for courses and all that and I love a spoonful of carrot or celeriac purée with a roast but if I’m dipping my roasties into anything, it’s gravy and a bit of horseradish thank you very much 🤷🏻‍♀️
I can drink gravy like soup, or a bowl of sewed & carrot drenched in gravy...might do a Sunday dinner today now 🥕

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Somebody’s tweeted her saying ‘wasn’t your dad a Tory chancellor?’. I like Nigella (watching her cook is soothing/relaxing) & you can have different political views to your parents but it’s a fair point.
Yes he was but as you say, she doesn't necessarily share his views. That's not to say she hasn't benefitted from the privilege in terms of connections etc.

Reactions: 10
I am sure she thinks Potatoes is an important piece of work, but I'm also confident nobody is reading it. Sure there will be click throughs because people [rightly] enjoyed ripping the piss out of that Rees Mogg lassie - but nobody is reading that bollocks. I'd say once you hit on her regurgitating her story, people move on.
It's (equine) seminal.

Yeah noone is reading all of that.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.