Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what the toxic person I have dealt with in my life does. If the kids have tonsillitis it's SEVERE. She once actually had meningitis and when asked whether it was viral or bacterial she said 'BOTH'. She was out of hospital after a couple of days. I always think it's a way of detatching the situation from what anyone else may have/be experiencing. Competitive at being hard done by.

How do I change my username? Thanks in advance.
~checks notes~ MENINGITIS?? I have been most remiss, Elliebob, do you have a receipt for this please?

Reactions: 5
I realise this is a deeply divisive and controversial issue fraught with all sorts of ramifications but I have to say it - magnum is really ice cream.

As for the crime novel, it won't happen. But if it did....

... the protagonist would definitely be a plucky and rebellious lesbian working class single mum, who has pulled herself up by the very straps of her hardworking boots and made a successful career of having tattoos, blending things and swearing on social media.

She is called in to investigate after a policewoman, a tv chef and a bafta award winning tv producer are all murdered in the same distinctive fashion - choked to death on a tin of unrinsed beans.
You’ve basically written the book for her there, hope you’ll be claiming a cut? (Paid via patreon obvs)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is what the toxic person I have dealt with in my life does. If the kids have tonsillitis it's SEVERE. She once actually had meningitis and when asked whether it was viral or bacterial she said 'BOTH'. She was out of hospital after a couple of days. I always think it's a way of detatching the situation from what anyone else may have/be experiencing. Competitive at being hard done by.

How do I change my username? Thanks in advance.
I used to work with a girl like this. One upmanship to the highest level.
Another colleague and I were chatting and for some reason I mentioned i had meningitis as a kid. She came running over to us and said that she had had the WORST kind of meningitis you can get and she nearly died and she was in a coma and the doctors said she was a miracle. Me and the other colleague just burst out laughing.
There was also a bizarre incident where she and another colleague were talking about their kids teeth. The other woman said her kid, aged about 6, was having a rough time because their molars were coming through. The competitive woman wouldn't have it that kids get molars late and insisted her toddler had all her teeth. The other woman just shrugged and said 'whatever' which sent her into some bizarre frenzy.
A couple of days later she came into work WITH PICTURES OF HER CHILD'S MOUTH. This was in the early 90s so she had gone home, taken several photos of her kid's teeth/mouth, got them developed and brought them into work
It was hilarious

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I don't have option to send a msg to @admin and the threads have been closed regarding username changes. Please can @admin change my username as I'm concerned that I may be identifiable. Preferably to WWLDD. Thank you.

Probably asking for trouble here :ROFLMAO:
“I’M YELLING FOR SOCIETY!”

Reactions: 3
Another thing I forgot to mention for Jack’s suicidal potatoes blog: she claims sadly that it would cost her 37x her living wage to buy the house she lives in, acting like a poor church mouse.

Neglecting to mention that she pays herself a living wage out of her earnings, and hoards the rest!

Lily Allen is sooo like Jack. They even look alike. They even talk in a similar way.

Despite having a famous actor dad, and a wealthy successful mum, Lily went on, and on, and on about how she used to live in a council flat, for about 2 minutes when she was 4 years old. She also makes a big deal of the fact that her mum was a teenage mum (with Lily’s older sister) because Lily obviously thinks it makes her family sound working clarse.
I remember Lily bigging up her mum's time of hardship after she divorced Keith Allen. Single mum, she said (she didn't mention she was living with Harry Enfield) having to work so hard to pay three lots of school fees. Lily went to Bedales for a while, no idea what the fees were then but they're currently £30,000 a year!! :eek:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Someone, anyone, has got to ask her how she went from doing comfortably enough to be fine with taking on the kitten to more outgoings that incomings and being incredibly stressed about it a few weeks later (after a jolly on the sleeper). Surely this cannot be going unnoticed by many of her followers, particularly the cat obsessed ones of which there were quite a lot. Come on followers, ASK HERRRRRR
I think people are scared to ask forfear of a pile on. Not everyone’s as brave as Barbara

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't have option to send a msg to @admin and the threads have been closed regarding username changes. Please can @admin change my username as I'm concerned that I may be identifiable. Preferably to WWLDD. Thank you.

Probably asking for trouble here :ROFLMAO:
You have to go to the name change thread to sort. I read on another thread the other day that if you at admin they don't check their mentions and won't see it x

Reactions: 4
I used to work with a girl like this. One upmanship to the highest level.
Another colleague and I were chatting and for some reason I mentioned i had meningitis as a kid. She came running over to us and said that she had had the WORST kind of meningitis you can get and she nearly died and she was in a coma and the doctors said she was a miracle. Me and the other colleague just burst out laughing.
There was also a bizarre incident where she and another colleague were talking about their kids teeth. The other woman said her kid, aged about 6, was having a rough time because their molars were coming through. The competitive woman wouldn't have it that kids get molars late and insisted her toddler had all her teeth. The other woman just shrugged and said 'whatever' which sent her into some bizarre frenzy.
A couple of days later she came into work WITH PICTURES OF HER CHILD'S MOUTH. This was in the early 90s so she had gone home, taken several photos of her kid's teeth/mouth, got them developed and brought them into work
It was hilarious
It's a very bizarre and distorted way of thinking when you genuinely want to have it worse that someone else. This person with similar traits to JM has said in the past that they have 'bad luck' I actually feel like most of the problems in this person's life are manufactured and drummed up by herself, much like JM, it's never usually bad luck, it's usually dad choices and deliberate duck ups.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s laughable, isn’t it 🥴 She has so little content full stop. I follow a lot of vegan accounts on Instagram who post almost daily (tested!) recipes that are all free to access (e.g. Elavegan) and they are so engaging with their followers, plus they reply to questions with more than just “absolutely x”. They wouldn’t call any of that working for free as they have affiliates on their sites and understand that regularly producing content/upping engagement levels ultimately ends up in more £££. Some even have pretty demanding jobs alongside their accounts and some manage to go full-time due to successfully monetising their love of food/cooking.

Does anyone remember Lily Melrose? She used to be one of the top bloggers but would struggle putting content out and moan about being too busy when she was just lounging around her house. Plus Jamie Genevieve went through a rough patch of not putting the effort in, got slated for it then sorted her tit out. The goalposts have moved for Jack and she doesn’t want to play ball, she’d rather live in the past than pull her finger out.
Omg yes, this, llymlrs? She had such a first to market advantage she was HUGE back in the day. If she bothered to evolve with the market I honestly think she’d have had what zoella managed, but she just... never did? All she did was write blog posts about her free car, wanting to buy in London, and moaning about going to events. Hungrier girls took her deals and she ended up with nothing, it was a savage fall from grace!

Same with Jack really, there are far superior content creators out there doing better food for a fraction of her rates likely. She gets booked because she has a network of mates in TV now, but every tit performance slowly erodes any good will towards her. Like this morning aren’t going to invite her back for a cooking segment any time soon after the last tit show 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I remember Lily bigging up her mum's time of hardship after she divorced Keith Allen. Single mum, she said (she didn't mention she was living with Harry Enfield) having to work so hard to pay three lots of school fees. Lily went to Bedales for a while, no idea what the fees were then but they're currently £30,000 a year!! :eek:
I know she went to the same school as Prince Charles, obviously not at the same time! I think is called Hill House? They wear knickabocker trousers if i remember rightly

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Just Grunka'd.. wow, just wow. It's actually shameful the level of manipulation she applies to her sycophants. We are reaching the tipping point here, the lies and mistruths are building up and she's painting herself into a corner, deleting to suit what particular narrative she has that day.
The begging bowl stuff is a disgrace, many, many people would swap what they endure daily for the opportunities JM has. And do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.