Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@no-no your username makes me laugh! I have a dear ( heart) friend who refers to bald men as having " no-no'd" their heads. Sweet!
Hahaha! Thanks, but I can’t take the credit. I asked mods for a username change and I ended up with this 🤣 It’s an improvement on the last one, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Has she deleted the tweet about all her wonderful and Emin-giving friends deserting her in times of need? Can't find it. Was thinking it's a littttle close to home for her to be bullshitting about. If she doesn't knock all this on the head soon she really will have nothing and nobody left. Maybe this is sort of stuff is the most lucrative for her though?
It's still there, I had to dig to find it but she's slow to delete tonight!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am grunkaing along about 5 hours behind and I’m so bleeping angry. She’s shaking the begging bowl and claiming burnout?!?!

There are NHS staff and shop workers etc etc who have worked non-stop for the last 4 months who have earned the right to say that. I’m no key worker, but my work went NUTS since lockdown and I’ve had the sum total of 4 days off since February outside of weekends, and have literally been working til midnight for the last 3 weeks. I’m knackered but I’m bleeping *lucky* because I have a job unlike so many. She is a profligate waster of money, and grubbing for handouts when she spunked money on a trip up to Edinburgh is just bleeping outrageous.

She’s a bleeping fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I get the feeling Jack doesn't really like poor people. Like, maybe they're a bit... Common?
Yep, that's why she's never gone for social housing and stuck to expensive private lets in nice areas. She's a middle class woman who briefly fell on hard times at the right time and got the opportunity to monetise it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Well her sob story is definitely working. She’s pulled in an additional 35 paying mugs patrons😳 Which is another £106 a month assuming they’re all on the lowest level of just over £3 a month and if they forget about their subscription and continue to pay for a year, that’s an additional £1277 a year in the begging bowl 😡
F0161C58-CD40-47D3-B8CB-1C922FE2FA32.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Oh god, it's such a relief to say this but I got a huge sense of bullshit all the way back to "Hunger Hurts". It just didn't add up at all and was so badly written and overwrought it actually made me laugh.
Yeah, this. I can sniff out a bad'un, it's what I call my ~spidey sense~, and it's never been wrong (sorry to be so Jack-style self-aggrandising but it's true). It just seems to take other people a while to catch up with it, and I've learned it's difficult to convince people until I have some sort of dossier. And even then!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Functional enough to leg it off to Edinburgh and run for a burger, go shopping several times and have the most productive few days in months though eh Jackanory?

Oh sorry my mistake that wasn't you, you've been in bed for 22 hours a day the past few weeks haven't you, unable to face life and finding no joy in anything. All evidence of your very expensive jaunt deleted.

Go duck yourself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
It's still there, I had to dig to find it but she's slow to delete tonight!
Yeah I was just coming to say this. She can’t delete a lot of these as they’re in a thread and that draws attention. Not that it matters. She’s done such a good job she could literally just tweet ‘Give me some money’ and they would.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
I'm in slow labour with a partner stuck abroad waiting for a Troop flight that's been cancelled three days in a row (bleeping IDS loving RAF 😂).

I'm so pleased that she's on one because, honestly, reading here is the only time I don't feel utterly consumed with anxiety. I really can't deal with looking at her Twitter, I think it might all seem even madder posted in segments on here because I don't seem to have any idea what is going on with her but y'all are just too funny ❤

Thankyou

ETA: the illegal gif posting is my favourite. I like imagining your naughty faces as you decide to go for it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Functional enough to leg it off to Edinburgh and run for a burger, go shopping several times and have the most productive few days in months though eh Jackanory?

Oh sorry my mistake that wasn't you, you've been in bed for 22 hours a day the past few weeks haven't you, unable to face life and finding no joy in anything. All evidence of your very expensive jaunt deleted.

Go duck yourself.
Wonderfully put

Reactions: 11
Don't get done, get Dom Littlewood.

Although I think maybe Ross Kemp would crack having to live with her too.
You could add Donal McIntyre and put the three of them in together....and they’d struggle. Still, at least there would be 3️⃣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm in slow labour with a partner stuck abroad waiting for a Troop flight that's been cancelled three days in a row (bleeping IDS loving RAF 😂).

I'm so pleased that she's on one because, honestly, reading here is the only time I don't feel utterly consumed with anxiety. I really can't deal with looking at her Twitter, I think it might all seem even madder posted in segments on here because I don't seem to have any idea what is going on with her but y'all are just too funny ❤

Thankyou

ETA: the illegal gif posting is my favourite. I like imagining your naughty faces as you decide to go for it.
Good luck!!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m taking some amusement in certain people tweeting her with recommendations of their own books, it makes you realise it’s all just grifting, all of it. And she can’t say a word as she is the queen of it.

I don’t like these drip fed manipulation meltdowns, when it’s a frenzy you know you can then have a break but she keeps taking a few hours break and then popping back up like a Jack a Mole.

Oh and good luck @Gentlemensrelish How exciting! 👶🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Thread title suggestion.

Jack Monroe #57 - 1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, 4, bungalow full of designer gear, needs cash for more

• Haha
Reactions: 61
There are NO words.

I’ll clear something up about the job retention scheme/government grants though. Not wanting to stick up for her but its highly unlikely she would have been eligible for a grant as you have to pay business rates and if she did apply for the second round of special grants then she’d have to prove her business had been directly adversely affected by coronavirus.
Furlough: directors can only furlough themselves IF they are doing no work for the company (except for the legal requirements) and only if they’re being paid through PAYE and not dividends. She has worked throughout this period so would be ineligible to claim for herself through furlough. If she’s self employed then again she needs to declare that she’s been unable to work.

It’s very clear that Jack has raked it in through lockdown, even if the twits on Twitter can’t see that.
If she genuinely was burnt out, I’d have sympathy but burnt out people don’t swan off to Edinburgh at the drop off a hat. Neither do people on the breadline. Also, if she pays herself the living wage (based on 40hrs a week) then her house is valued in excess of £650k. That does not a crappy bungalow make. (Also monthly rent on a house is normally more than a mortgage payment so she’s paying a fair amount to live there)

All her “I can’t afford to move somewhere cheaper, it costs a lot to move” chat is confusing when that sentence comes from someone who has moved over 23 times 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She is only tired from excessive twitter ranting tattle reading into the wee hours. Take some advice stay offline.

Also she talk off interviews, but I never see them, I am not saying they don't happen, but why isn't there more publicity? Odd!!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.