Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would hope any prospective future "Mrs J's" do their research on her public facing output (i.e. Tweets, PR mishaps etc) before moving in with JM. It's really not hard to see that your own emotional needs will be second fiddle to JM's in a partnership, and having to weather all these pile on's and maverick behaviour. That said, so many Twitter followers seem to be blind to the blindingly obvious behaviour, so perhaps they won't.

Reactions: 17
All her “I can’t afford to move somewhere cheaper, it costs a lot to move” chat is confusing when that sentence comes from someone who has moved over 23 times 🙄
But has she really moved over 23 times? If Jack Monroe said it was raining outside, I'd go to the window to check.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm in slow labour with a partner stuck abroad waiting for a Troop flight that's been cancelled three days in a row (bleeping IDS loving RAF 😂).

I'm so pleased that she's on one because, honestly, reading here is the only time I don't feel utterly consumed with anxiety. I really can't deal with looking at her Twitter, I think it might all seem even madder posted in segments on here because I don't seem to have any idea what is going on with her but y'all are just too funny ❤

Thankyou

ETA: the illegal gif posting is my favourite. I like imagining your naughty faces as you decide to go for it.
omg how exciting, just catching up now but please keep us all in the loop!! Sending lots of love & apparently it's going to rain soon so also praying for cooler weather for you! x

Reactions: 28
All her “I can’t afford to move somewhere cheaper, it costs a lot to move” chat is confusing when that sentence comes from someone who has moved over 23 times 🙄
It is 26 times, no 20 times, no 18 times.

She tells people to keep up, but it is impossible. The tales changes so often.

I will NOW duck OFF to bed. I wonder how many pages I will wake up to.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh, I don't know - I'm not sure it's right to blame her followers (many of them new) for swallowing her crap. Don't get me wrong, I get frustrated with them too, but it's entirely her fault for constantly and consciously misleading them.
@Veronicaaa I totally agree, I was likely being a bit flippant to try and lighten the mood, it gets mighty heavy in here. I think I just cannot believe that people don’t see through her crap!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Crime in progress, gullible people being fleeced all over the internet

@LennyBriscoe and @Harrybosch (actually where is Bosch, haven’t heard any soft jazz noodlings for ages?), can’t you just proceed in a southerly direction to the crappy bungalow in Thorpe Bay and apprehend the perp? Take down the particulars in your tiny notebooks, put her in front of a Grand Jury?

Apologies, my entire knowledge of any legal system is any of the Law & Order franchises, plus a few Judge Judy gifs, so I may not have grasped the minutiae required for a solid arrest here. But at the risk of sounding like Miss Marple, I’m quite convinced this is taking money under false pretences.

I’m currently in the process of putting things in place for my elderly parents who’ve suffered a couple of very believable phishing and vishing attacks, so am feeling pretty angry at what’s been playing out this evening 😡😡😡😡😡

The Fraud Act (2006) makes interesting* reading in this context

* I mean, interesting is subjective obvs, at this point on a Saturday night with a couple of glasses of wine and half a bag of Wispa Bites inside me— “Share Bag” my arse...

• Heart
Reactions: 38
We had our favourite and most valuable pig put to sleep over new year, my husband was destroyed by it at the time but it was the right decision. Watching what she put that kitten through upset us beyond belief. She isn't burn't out, she is a lazy wannabe famous type. Our Jack really has no idea what hard work looks like, my husband has (diagnosed) autoimmune diseases as do I but work, pay rent and don't hand out the begging bowl. We are also caring for my parents who between them have vascular dementia and terminal cancer. She's a fantastic bleater of poor me. Don't get animals you can't afford to look after you Wally.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
If she doesn't want to go back on benefits, perhaps she should... You know do that thing... And get a relatively secure job?? Maybe??

I find her saying she wouldn't work because she wanted to spend time with her kids very privileged. My sister works very hard in education ( she good at her job, super busy, not jack busy.... But still) yet she would love to not have to work and miss out on her kids,. But I'm order for her to buy... Yes buy her own house, she has to work
I'm guessing that a lot of us canals on here work. Juggling jobs, children, elderly parents and some recreational stuff too. I'm also guessing that lots of us don't have the choice we would like in what we do. Individuals stay in a job they hate because it pays the bills and it's safe so it gives security but you don't get much downtime to see your kids or friends. I'd like to introduce Jack to breakfast and after school clubs. It's not nice but a reality for those who work. I don't want to speculate what she has earned over lockdown but she has had contracts and also shaken the tip jar multiple times. I would think it's more than I've earned in lockdown and hate to equate the £ per hour/month.

Jack, you're a best selling author. You're scamming people. Close your patreon and find other ways to make money.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
"I have the date of the last CCJ expiry burned into my conscious brain. I’m counting down to it, and saving up for it"

I'm so confused by this line in the Po-tay-toes blog. Saving up for it? Surely she should be paying off CCJs monthly according to whatever your repayment agreement is, not saving up to pay them off the day they expire? Maybe my understanding of CCJs is wrong but this just seems odd.

I've had the equivalent of a CCJ (not in England) and I had a repayment agreement, and it fell off my credit record once the 6 years or whatever was up. Having one on there never stopped me getting an internet contract like Jack claims :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She's a bleeping freeloading witch. End of. Her sob stories actually make a SOaB out of her. She's an utter disgrace. How dare she act like she's had multiple breakdowns. She is clueless and deserves a great big Twitter exodus from her followers. Wise up people. Your God is hollow and empty.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm in slow labour with a partner stuck abroad waiting for a Troop flight that's been cancelled three days in a row (bleeping IDS loving RAF 😂).

I'm so pleased that she's on one because, honestly, reading here is the only time I don't feel utterly consumed with anxiety. I really can't deal with looking at her Twitter, I think it might all seem even madder posted in segments on here because I don't seem to have any idea what is going on with her but y'all are just too funny ❤

Thankyou

ETA: the illegal gif posting is my favourite. I like imagining your naughty faces as you decide to go for it.
Eeeek it’s exciting! All the best for the rest of your labour ❤ We’re on hand to help you with names - Jack can be either a male or female name 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
6F4B7EF5-097D-4B68-9E1F-678F39D9DA8D.jpeg

Jack’s face at the fraus not falling for her tit.

ETA - tit that’s enormous! Soz for the printer ink, Jack. Another expense for you!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

Thankyou

Aah good luck @Gentlemensrelish

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Crime in progress, gullible people being fleeced all over the internet

@LennyBriscoe and @Harrybosch (actually where is Bosch, haven’t heard any soft jazz noodlings for ages?), can’t you just proceed in a southerly direction to the crappy bungalow in Thorpe Bay and apprehend the perp? Take down the particulars in your tiny notebooks, put her in front of a Grand Jury?

Apologies, my entire knowledge of any legal system is any of the Law & Order franchises, plus a few Judge Judy gifs, so I may not have grasped the minutiae required for a solid arrest here. But at the risk of sounding like Miss Marple, I’m quite convinced this is taking money under false pretences.

I’m currently in the process of putting things in place for my elderly parents who’ve suffered a couple of very believable phishing and vishing attacks, so am feeling pretty angry at what’s been playing out this evening 😡😡😡😡😡

The Fraud Act (2006) makes interesting* reading in this context

* I mean, interesting is subjective obvs, at this point on a Saturday night with a couple of glasses of wine and half a bag of Wispa Bites inside me— “Share Bag” my arse...
A Grand Jury will see right through her bullshit, they take no prisoners!

Sorry to hear about your folks, that’s awful. Hope everything is ok. There are a lot of terrible people in the world 😔.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
"I have the date of the last CCJ expiry burned into my conscious brain. I’m counting down to it, and saving up for it"

I'm so confused by this line in the Po-tay-toes blog. Saving up for it? Surely she should be paying off CCJs monthly according to whatever your repayment agreement is, not saving up to pay them off the day they expire? Maybe my understanding of CCJs is wrong but this just seems odd.

I've had the equivalent of a CCJ (not in England) and I had a repayment agreement, and it fell off my credit record once the 6 years or whatever was up. Having one on there never stopped me getting an internet contract like Jack claims :unsure:
You're right in all respects. You pay a CCJ or Decree (Scotland) on a monthly basis according to what was agreed with the court. Also, I was told years ago in an internet provider's shop that getting an internet contract is not difficult because they accept a lower credit rating than, say, a credit card or bank loan.

Reactions: 8
Cabal, I’ll have you know (although, duck off for being so intrusive) that there were many serious offers on my Cotswold Co. dining table to ghostwrite JM’s crime novel. But, because I’m a maverick <insert Tom Cruise gif where the sun don’t shine> I have done my own show. This chaos is FREE content (so you should feel bleeping guilty, but also extremely lucky for letting your eyeballs anywhere near it without tapping my Tip Jar because I give ALL of my work away for FREE to Tattlers who are in dire need of piss-taking😇). The rest will be available on my Patreon: search ‘Pimp My Cotswold Co. Crib, Fools’.

Plucky, tattooed Very-Special Constable Mack John-Row dipped a wedge of cheese in melted Marmite butter, snarfed it like a great big greedy goblin and sighed. Being a vegan is ball-breakingly tough.

But not as tough as trying to resolve this latest case. The DI had been in touch regarding a howling, floor-clawing case. John-Row, never knowingly under-stan’d, had dealt with far bigger, much more media-friendly stuff than this. But this case was curious.

The witness statement described a potentially lucrative celebrity chef and poverty campaigner career being cast into The Thames and left to drown.

There were 1000s of witnesses schmoozing in fancy riverside spots with their agents, but no evidence on Twitter. Can tweets, pondered Mack John-Row puffing on a cigar of rinsed beans, be deleted?

[TBC....]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.