Jack Monroe #558 I own a fridge! This is my cooker! Look at my rug! Look at my duvet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did a double take walking past Roisin from Gogglebox on Buchanan Street in Glasgow the other day. Who goes on the telly every Friday night. And is genuinely entertaining. Just saying šŸ’…

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Every time I see this I get absolute RAGE.

IMG_2898.jpeg

Loosely translated:

ā€œI donā€™t care if youā€™re too poor to commit to giving me something every month, I still want your money so at least give me a one off payment, you bleeping mugsā€

She is truly disgusting. Entitled. Lazy. Lying. Scamming.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 69
"People saying my hands are dirty are racist cuz my dad's GREEK and this is totes comparable to what Black people go through"

No, your hands and nails are filthy and that's relevant because you prepare food, we'd be saying the same about That Man! or Sir Matt or Fingers Kerridge if they had dirty hands while cooking

Has she never seen an actual PoC's hands and nails?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Guest's book advance for the me-me-moir: there was some discussion about advances a couple of years ago on Twitter, highlighting (amongst other things) the gender gap. Matt Haig listed the history of all his advances: by the time of his then most recent book he was picking up an advance like 5 numbers and the bonus ball on a Saturday night. Many other writers who disclosed theirs were getting a relative pittance.
With her poor sales history and subterranean public profile, surely no more than a few thousand? Still a nice (and wholly unearned) windfall, but I bet she'd prefer the bragging rights of having the book in the shops...
Yeah thatā€™s about what I was thinking. Nice for a wholly unearned sum but a small enough figure that itā€™s not worth chasing because the time taken and lawyers to argue over it would soon add up to close to it never mind the hassle if Jack decided to attempt to deliver so itā€™s easier and potentially cheaper to just go ā€œitā€™s fine Jack, letā€™s leave it here.ā€.
---
Itā€™s hilarious the way she thinks nobody else exists outside one single forum/platform, so none of those Mrs Gloss peeps have access to tv and THE NEWSPAPER.

Jack Monroe, Mrs Gloss 7 March 2017
View attachment 2653978

Jack Monroe IRL and plastered all over the media, 10 March 2017View attachment 2653980View attachment 2653979
View attachment 2653982
How come she could brush and style her hair for Mrs Gloss but not for her literal court appearance that she knew would be papped??

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Been out & about this morning.
Thought I'd have a quick look in The Works for Grifty kitchen in the wild.
Nothing but one armed Jack.
IMG_20231228_120712_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231228_120712_HDR.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Valiā€™s post is perfect for revealing the scale of lies and grift to even the most stupid Jack defender.

I mean, just HOW can anyone still defend THIS?
5F23A00A-9C47-47C8-940E-CD702D3F872D.jpeg

Thank you @Valiofthedolls , you are remarkable at providing the evidence. ALL the evidence šŸ‘

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Well, well, I had a browse in Mrs Gloss and looks like guest has DIRTY DELETED her posts!
The moleskin with the painstakingly, peripatetically handwritten passwords has been unearthed

Doesnā€™t have the Tattle wiki admin password in it though, shame šŸ˜˜

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Catching up so these are very late but:
Why does it look like pressing down on ā€œAā€œ makes the jam(?) come flying out of ā€œBā€?

View attachment 2653003
It looks like sheā€™s squeezing a spot šŸ˜‚ šŸ¤® She has such a talent for making even the most nondescript foods look completely vile.
Questions 1 and 2, itā€™s not her first (repulsive) rodeo. Her publishers have enabled her all the way.
View attachment 2653396
And anyway, itā€™s just BASIC BIOLOGY
View attachment 2653405View attachment 2653406
She is soooo gross!!! The use of ā€œthrow this upā€ and then immediately referring to feeling ā€œviolently illā€ took me so long to parse, and definitely isnā€™t the right language to use when youā€™re a FOOD WRITER trying to show off a cake youā€™ve made. Not to mention the references to people going in and out of her fanny! Iā€™m surprised she didnā€™t relate the ā€˜tuppence lemon dropsā€ back to her fanny and all.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Agree but in my experience a lot of narcs and emotional manipulators are like this. The one main narc in my life never failed to be astonished and outraged that I had information about them which they hadn't carefully packaged and filtered for me - they couldn't believe that I would dare to, ya know, have conversations with other members of my family without their permission.

Narcs get very upset when the flies in their web dare to talk to each other and exchange info, they want to be the ones controlling the flow of info at all times. It's the only way they can keep their lies and manipulations going. We can see this trait clearly in Jack from the amount of time she used to spend on Twitter in the replies, blocking, deleting, socking, pile on-ing and generally desperately seeking to control the flow of info to how she wanted it.
This is spot on. Oh, the bits my scattered family put together and pulled apart about our pet narcā€™s narrative-controlling attempts when we recently met up at a wake. We are now making constructive use of WhatsApp as a tattle lite to stop it from happening again.

Happy belated Christmas everyone, 2024 will be a good year, the fiction that is Jack Monroe will finally be over, the empress will e seen to have no clothes
LJC PLEASE NO.

Speaking of LJC, Iā€™ve just glanced at the kitchen telly and am wondering
IMG_7929.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
That's good to know. I don't often buy jam either, as only eat it occasionally and have so many raspberries and blackcurrants on my allotment I usually have to make some jam to use them up, but I do quite like a marmalade cake and can't always be arsed making marmalade.

Disclaimer: I'm not salty allotment Carly Burd šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
If weā€™re on a jam kick I recommend St Dalfours! A nice amount of fruit, less sugar than usual and the jars are good for herbs and spices! Those piddling little jars donā€™t do it for me, my food needs a lot of help to be edible šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.