Jack Monroe #558 I own a fridge! This is my cooker! Look at my rug! Look at my duvet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Georgina Hayden (cook, good on TV, pals with That Man and Sir Matt) has announced her new cookbook, Greek-ish. Let's all pray for the bungamansion radiators. 🙏
Just came here to say this! Am 🦉🦉🦉. Talented Georgina Hayden all up in guest’s niche-ish 🦉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
A: a mid-30s woman walking alone down her local High Street to whom no one gives a second glance.*
*which has its own attraction to be fair. I've always thought it must be great to be (eg) the bass player in Radiohead. All the rock n roll lifestyle and success with none of the celebrity bullshit. No one recognises you in the street, no one knows your name (calm down, Radiohead fans, it's only an example 🙂)
Ofc for guest it was all about the celebrity bullshit, so it must really smart.
But then your job would be to be in Radiohead. Which must be the least fun band in the world to be in.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Every time I see Georgina on SKL, which is a lot, it highlights to me quite how badly Jack must have behaved on DKL to never, even once, be invited on it.

Reactions: 34
We recreated the Royle Family tropical punch (complete with floating banana) on Xmas afternoon. Would not recommend. 😀
Did you make the cuppa soup with a twist, or carrot crush?
I love it when Denise is fuming that Jocelyn asks for her bread cut into triangles when everyone else is happy with square.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
1000022972.png

1000022978.png

Here she is on her blog in 2018. Out of the hundreds of comments, this is one of the few she replies to. So ... She's well aware of the "friends and family" dodge

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.