Jack Monroe #558 I own a fridge! This is my cooker! Look at my rug! Look at my duvet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she’s no longer sieving it and “nestling” it next to the Angel Delight and the Smash?View attachment 2653138
View attachment 2653113View attachment 2653114
"...in a can of tomatoes for a two-ingredient pappa al pomodoro..."

That's a hate crime. It's supposed to be a soup using top quality tomatoes, with bread, oil, garlic and basil for that alchemy of Italian flavours and Jack calls a slop of tinned tomatoes and dried stuffing dust by this name? For shame.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Dear 2024, pls let the canal be informed by the mods that a major publisher has been in touch asking us to write the mememememoirs.
1. Cos forensic ninnies remember far more correctly than guest what happened and when and 2. Cos we can, to deadline and edited (line up, oh grammar frauen to contribute!) and 3. To make a decent sized donation to a charity or 10 who have deserved monies that guest failed abjectedly to pass on.

(I know this is late, but I forgot to write to Santa!)

Reactions: 23
think of the poor fuckers who had this:

the queer one that writes that cheap recipe blog on Tumblr

also - why does she insist on costing salt and pepper at <1p?
She can't help it! She's just so forensic. It's a curse, really.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

That's a hate crime. It's supposed to be a soup using top quality tomatoes, with bread, oil, garlic and basil for that alchemy of Italian flavours and Jack calls a slop of tinned tomatoes and dried stuffing dust by this name? For shame.

I feel like @MancBee also made this but I can’t find it. Perhaps someone could link? TYFATYD

Reactions: 16
Please, please do. I can't wait to see how bad they are. It's such fun seeing how wrong a recipe can be. It's like an initiation into a special club. It's also handy that with a recipe that requires veg peelings, you won't waste too many edible ingredients.

Good luck.
My compost heap, which is obvs a sentient being requiring much TLC and zero slop, begs to differ. Most of the ingredients she ruins would be better off on the compost heap before she even breaks out a teaspoon, handy moleskine, ring light, camera, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Grifty Kitchen must have been much longer in the making than we thought.
150g of own brand lemon curd is 42p alone, so we're not getting 16 at 2p.

Silly me, she ovbiously means they're the size of a 2p piece- and cute as a grimy button.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
two questions,
1. why is she like this?
and
2. why did her publishers let her be like this in a book with their name on?

Fig 1. Given what we all associate guest & burgers with, this is a crime
Screenshot_20231227-201600.png

Fig 2. Does she think recipes are supposed to give you the boak? It is the only explanation
Screenshot_20231227-201707.png

Fig 3. NO
Screenshot_20231227-201754.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Having never participated in a slop along I quickly, ahem, obtained a copy of Grifty Kitchen to see what horrors I could make. I know we hark on about how awful her recipes are, but it’s so true. Look at this one, definitely a possibility for a slop along. Firstly the photo, why display it on a grubby, clearly un-ironed tea towel? Then the actual recipe itself, 300g of rice, what sort of rice? I know she has a thing about making “risotto” with long grain, but if that’s what you mean bloody say long grain. Then two stock cubes, again, what sort? I’d assume chicken or vegetable for this, but as it doesn’t say it could be beef or even fish. Then a quarter head of lettuce, okay, but what sort of lettuce? A quarter head of iceberg is going to be a completely different amount to a quarter head of little gem. At the end of all that you’re going to get a plate of (probably) long grain rice cooked in a random kind of stock with peas and lettuce. It’ll taste of sod all and have the texture of, well, hot lettuce and al dente rice 🤢. ETA, the photo features carrots, there are no carrots in the recipe. Editing myself fir a second time like a ninny, but she also tells us to put the rice and oil/spread into a cold pan together and heat it up. Okay, so I am a ninny, that photo is for a different recipe which my not at all pirated copy put next to the lettuce risotto. The grubby tea towel remark still stands though.
Bet her mother wishes guest had sold the camera after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Not been in here for a while, I wonder did the frozen eels finally get eaten this Christmas?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m procrastinating so I’m going to treat the canal to a selection of peripatetic ephemera from Grifty Kitchen.
This picture 🤢 for obvious reasons.

View attachment 2652969
Wtaf is that?
---
Obviously thrupenny crumblenuts were too spenny, so we get tuppence lemon drops instead.
View attachment 2652973
---
Let’s make boxes out of boxes!
View attachment 2652974
She dusted them with... Baking powder?! Hahaha, writer she ain't and never will be.

Grandma and punkshewashun, pls, to join the lengthy list of words Jack doesn't understand.

Can we start a petition for the publishers, editors, subbies, proofreaders etc responsible for launching this tit upon us all for a decade to have slop thrown at them?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I feel like @MancBee also made this but I can’t find it. Perhaps someone could link? TYFATYD
I made Jack's tomato soup. I can still remember the taste, unfortunately.

It starts halfway down this page. https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...rom-the-poor-to-give-to-herself.10457/page-22

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Dear 2024, pls let the canal be informed by the mods that a major publisher has been in touch asking us to write the mememememoirs.
1. Cos forensic ninnies remember far more correctly than guest what happened and when and 2. Cos we can, to deadline and edited (line up, oh grammar frauen to contribute!) and 3. To make a decent sized donation to a charity or 10 who have deserved monies that guest failed abjectedly to pass on.

(I know this is late, but I forgot to write to Santa!)
I was thinking about 3) because last year the Slopalong participants donated to food banks and other agencies, each donation representing the cost of the ingredients the participant used in their, um, experiment. Collectively, it was certainly a larger donation than guest ever actually made that year to anything other than herself. I'm going to donate the same sum again this year, as a symbolic offset to the damage that guest causes to food bank users (by promoting her wasteful recipes that don't work).

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Bonne Maman marmalade. So very, very thrifty.

ETA: see my previous post about this very picture here
Following that link led me to another post by you @Lazarus which included these

F74D5CD2-D81E-4963-9CB3-52F7B8DFEC14.jpeg
C96D34A4-CC40-400F-9D19-33D03C81DEE8.jpeg

and honestly I don't think I'm coming back from this ⚰💀☠ seriously I can't breathe and the cat doesn't know how to call 999 oh my god look at her

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I was thinking about 3) because last year the Slopalong participants donated to food banks and other agencies, each donation representing the cost of the ingredients the participant used in their, um, experiment. Collectively, it was certainly a larger donation than guest ever actually made that year to anything other than herself. I'm going to donate the same sum again this year, as a symbolic offset to the damage that guest causes to food bank users (by promoting her wasteful recipes that don't work).
Agreed, and I would donate if I could. In addition, and if there was a way, for the damage she has caused to so many (including a few who have found their way here) whose confidence in the kitchen has been hugely damaged by her thieving and incompetence.
---
Following that link led me to another post by you @Lazarus which included these

and honestly I don't think I'm coming back from this ⚰💀☠ seriously I can't breathe and the cat doesn't know how to call 999 oh my god look at her
@FunnyFuneral has a whole um menu of options.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
two questions,
1. why is she like this?
and
2. why did her publishers let her be like this in a book with their name on?

Fig 1. Given what we all associate guest & burgers with, this is a crime
View attachment 2653332

Fig 2. Does she think recipes are supposed to give you the boak? It is the only explanation
View attachment 2653334

Fig 3. NO
View attachment 2653335
Questions 1 and 2, it’s not her first (repulsive) rodeo. Her publishers have enabled her all the way.
IMG_1239.jpeg

And anyway, it’s just BASIC BIOLOGY
IMG_1241.jpeg
IMG_1242.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

Forget an abject apology in 2024, we need an assassin to take all these recipes offline, and creMate the books, so that no poor soul need ever stumble upon them ever again. Except in the wiki, obvs! Where they shalt remain henceforth to protecteth future generations from such evil.

Or summat.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.